If you were recently injured in an automobile accident involving a truck in Missouri City, Texas, you might be unsure about your next steps. You may also be experiencing emotional and physical pain. What are your legal options when you have a stack of medical bills you can’t pay?
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ provides legal aid for victims of truck accidents in Missouri City, Texas. Our team is dedicated to helping you recover your financial losses and personal damages. To find out more about how our law firm can help you with your truck accident case, contact our office today at (713) 850-8600.
The Financial Recovery You May Qualify for
When we assess your claim, we may be able to base your case value on your current and projected damages from:
- Medical and hospital expenses
- Long-term care
- Lost wages or benefits
- Disfigurement or permanent injuries
- Emotional anguish or depression
- Severe pain and suffering
- Punitive damages
- Wrongful death – If a loved one lost their life in a truck accident, a lawyer from our team could help you file a claim to pursue damages through a wrongful death action.
If you have any further questions about what damages you can claim for your truck accident, feel free to call our law offices today at (713) 850-8600 for a consultation.
Texas Statute of Limitations for Truck Accidents
Texas law imposes a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury victims who wish to file a lawsuit. According to the statute, you must submit a lawsuit within two years of the date of your accident.
If you fail to file a lawsuit within the two-year period, you may no longer qualify to receive a financial recovery for your injuries and financial losses. Therefore, you must submit a claim before the deadline is up.
We Work with Victims of All Truck Accidents
You may be experiencing severe pain and suffering as well as significant financial challenges. Regardless of the circumstances, our attorneys can provide you legal support by reviewing your case and answering your questions.
We work with victims of all truck accident cases involving:
- Intoxicated driving
- Irresponsible behavior
- Traffic law infractions
- Texting and distracted driving
- 18-wheeler & semi truck accidents
- Pedestrian right-of-way violations
If your accident was caused by any of the above or something similar, contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ to explore your legal options and file a claim. Call us today at (713) 850-8600.
Who is Responsible for Your Truck Accident Injuries?
To prove who is negligent in your truck accident, we generally need to prove the following criteria:
- Duty of care: The other party owed you a duty of care to keep you safe while driving.
- Breach of duty: The other party breached this duty of care in some way, thereby putting you in harm’s way.
- Causation: The other party’s breach of duty must have caused the accident.
- Damages: You have material and emotional losses resulting from the accident.
While proving the above criteria establishes a negligent party, the negligent party is not always the one liable, or responsible for covering your losses. In a truck accident, there may be one or more parties responsible for your injuries. In many of the cases we handle, the liable parties may include:
You may have sustained injuries as a result of another driver’s reckless driving. The driver may have been distracted, drunk, or careless.
Commercial Trucking Manufacturer or Carrier
A commercial company may be responsible for the accident and your subsequent injuries. The liable parties may include:
- The company managing the truck
- The owner of the commercial truck
- A truck manufacturer
- An auto parts manufacturer
- A truck inspection company
Shipping or Distribution Company
The shipping company may have poor driver accountability rules, or it may have failed to properly vet the driver during the hiring process. So, the company may have hired an irresponsible or inexperienced driver.
A D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ attorney can review your case to determine who is at fault and how we should proceed with your claim. Call for a consultation with our law firm today at (713) 850-8600.
How We Can Help You with Your Case
Our team of truck accident attorneys can handle all aspects of your case:
We Can Discuss Your Legal Options with You
You may be uncertain about your legal options and the steps you should take to recover your damages. We can have a case evaluation to go over the accident details, establish the facts of the case, and help you explore your legal options.
We Can Act as Your Legal Advocate
Hiring a truck accident lawyer in Missouri City, TX, to represent you can give you the leverage you need to be successful in your case. A D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ attorney can act as your liaison when engaging with the at-fault party, insurance company, or other relevant parties.
We Can Investigate and Gather Evidence on Your Behalf
We can investigate the accident and obtain evidence to prove your case. The evidence we acquire may include:
- Eyewitness accounts
- Medical documents and bills
- Police records
- Driving records
- Medical expert statements
- Truck manufacturer or inspection documents
We Can Negotiate with the Insurance Provider
A personal injury lawyer in Missouri City, TX, can help you file a claim against the liable party’s insurance company. Our goal is a fair settlement for you.
If you are not satisfied with the settlement offer, we can fight on your behalf to get you the financial recovery you deserve.
We Can Prepare Your Case for Court
If you and the insurance company cannot agree on a settlement, we can file a lawsuit and prepare your case for trial. We will fight for your right to a financial recovery for your damages.
What Our Clients Say About Our Services
There are no better people to speak about our services than those who we’ve helped in the past. Here is what some of our former clients have to say about us:
- “When I first got into my accident I was so nervous. I lost my vehicle and I was in pain. but after shopping around for lawyers, I was led to D. Miller and Associates. From day one they reassured me that everything was going to be fine. Even as I wait through my surgery and I wasn’t able to work, I was always able to count on D. Miller & Associates for help.”
- “I wanted to take the time and write that Attorney Raghuthaman was exceptional in his representation for me. He was articulate, fair, and kept informed. He ALWAYS returned my phone calls. I will never use another attorney.”
Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Missouri City, TX
If you or a loved one was the victim of a truck accident caused by someone else, you should not have to fight for a fair settlement on your own. A D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ truck accident lawyer in Missouri City, Texas, can offer you legal counsel and assistance to help you get the financial recovery you deserve.
We will listen carefully to your concerns, provide answers, and represent you throughout the claims process. To find out more about our services, contact our law offices today at (713) 850-8600. We are here to help.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- My Child Was Injured At School – Can I Sue?
- How Long Do I Have To File A Lawsuit After A Truck Accident In Houston?
- When Should You Contact a Lawyer After a Car Accident?
- Are There Any Downsides To Having The Texas Minimum For Auto Insurance In An Accident?
- What Does the USC Sexual Abuse Settlement Cover?