If you suffered injuries in an Ector County 18-wheeler accident, you may be able to secure financial recovery with help from a truck accident lawyer serving Odessa, Texas from our firm. Recovery in these cases focuses on compensating victims for the expenses and losses they experienced due to the collision.
A D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ truck collision attorney can sign on to develop your case, file your claim, or take your case to trial. Our team can evaluate the legal standing of your case during a consultation today.
Our Team of Attorneys Fight for Our Clients’ Financial Recovery
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ provides accessible, caring, and supportive legal services to accident victims in Texas. This includes victims of semi truck accidents in the panhandle.
From the time you decide to work with us, we represent you in all aspects of your legal case. Our services include:
- Managing communication with the insurance company
- Protecting their rights to pursue financial recovery
- Preserving evidence held by the trucking company
- Gathering and analyzing evidence to build an argument
- Preparing and filing paperwork, such as insurance claims or court documents
- Representing our client in settlement negotiations
If necessary, we also represent our clients in a civil trial to seek a court award. Our attorneys have litigation experience and are familiar with what happens when we take a truck accident case to court. We will be by your side throughout this process, which includes:
- Preparing and filing the suit
- Investigating and discovering new information
- Representing you in pre-trial motions and court appearances
- Waiting for the jury trial to reach a verdict
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, our team serving Odessa will provide you legal guidance throughout your legal journey and update you as your case progresses. Should you have any questions, you can ask our legal team.
We Can Calculate the Value of Your Case Based on Your Truck Accident Damages
After our team assigns you a truck accident lawyer serving Odessa to work with you, we will also begin addressing how much damages you may be entitled to pursue. We will help you document your related expenses and losses so that you can judge how fair a settlement offer is from the insurance company.
Being as accurate as possible about your current and future damages can help you avoid accepting a low settlement offer, which might lead you to pay for future damages out of pocket.
Your financial recovery could include a range of damages you suffered because of your accident and injuries. Some common recoverable losses include:
- Treatment for your injuries
- Expenses related to necessary care and support
- Property damages to repair or replace your vehicle and other items
- Lost wages from missed shifts at work
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
If you lost your family member because of their Odessa 18-wheeler accident injuries, you may have a wrongful death claim against the trucking company. There are different damages available in this type of case, depending on your relationship with the deceased.
An Employer May Have Vicarious Liability in Your Odessa Truck Accident Case
According to the State Bar of Texas, employers are vicariously liable for their employees and the damages they cause. For example, trucking companies may be held liable for their truck drivers if they violated traffic laws and caused traffic accidents that injured others.
We develop cases against trucking companies and corporations whose drivers cause collisions and harm our clients. We will not back down from even multinational corporations that have huge fleets of 18-wheelers.
Our team has experience in multiple types of truck accident cases, including:
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on accidents
- Intersection accidents
- Underride and override accidents
- Side impacts
- Jackknife collisions
- Lost cargo and unsecured cargo accidents
We can evaluate your case to determine your options for seeking recovery from the trucking company or another liable party.
Follow the Statute of Limitations for Filing an Odessa Truck Accident Lawsuit
In some cases, we need to sue the trucking company and truck driver to seek financial recovery for our client. Under Texas Law, we may have only two years to file your lawsuit.
If we miss this deadline, you could lose your right to take further action and seek financial recovery in your case.
The statute of limitations is not the only reason why you may want to enlist our help quickly after your accident. Some pieces of evidence, such as black box data, may not be available after a certain period of time.
We can preserve this evidence and gain access to it to determine if it supports your claim. This is possible by drafting a spoliation letter and demanding the trucking company to hold this evidence for discovery before our client’s trial. We need to take action quickly to safeguard this potential evidence, which could include:
- Video from a truck camera
- Computer data from an onboard computer
- Digital or manual rest logs
- Post-accident drug or alcohol testing
- The truck driver’s employment records
- Physical evidence such as the damaged semi truck or trailer
You Can Get a Case Evaluation with Our Team Today
A truck accident lawyer serving Odessa may be able to help you secure financial recovery after an 18-wheeler collision. We hold trucking companies responsible for the negligent actions of their drivers. To learn if you have grounds for legal action based on your case, our team can evaluate your accident for free.
You can speak with the D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ team today. Our supportive, compassionate staff will discuss your options with you. Call (713) 850-8600 to get started.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Are Your Legal Options If Someone Is Killed in A Pedestrian Accident in Texas?
- How do You Respond to a Low Personal Injury Settlement Offer?
- Can I Sue If My Hip Replacement Gets Infected?
- How Can D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Help Me With My Collegiate Sexual Abuse Case?
- Can You Sue For Distracted Driving Accidents In Texas?