If you were in an accident with a drunk driver, you may have suffered severe injuries and may be experiencing ongoing medical treatment and lost wages. You may also be suffering from emotional distress.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to help victims of drunk driving accidents. A drunk driving accident and injury lawyer in Pasadena, TX, from our firm, may be able to help pursue a recovery to make you whole.
To schedule a free case evaluation, call us at 713-850-8600.
How a Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer May Be Able to Help
A drunk driving injury attorney at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to help you pursue a recovery. Here are just some of the ways we may be able to help:
- Investigate the case to establish the facts.
- Build your case to prove fault.
- Retrieve the police report from the accident.
- Retrieve blood alcohol testing results.
- Speak with eyewitnesses who saw the accident.
- File paperwork with the insurance company and/or court.
- Engage with insurance companies, medical experts, law enforcement, court officials, and other lawyers on your behalf.
- Negotiate a settlement with the insurance company.
- Represent you during litigation if the case goes to court.
If we represent you, we can answer your questions and keep you updated about the status of your case. If you are ready to get started, call 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Damages You May be Able to Recover After a Drunk Driving Car Accident
If you suffered injuries and financial losses due to a drunk driving car accident, our legal team may be able to work with you to pursue a settlement.
You may be able to recover for losses such as:
- Medical bills: You may have incurred medical expenses including emergency room visits, extended care, prescription medication, and follow-up visits to a physician. You may be able to recover medical expenses related to the accident and your injuries.
- Lost wages: You may be out of work for several days or weeks. In some cases, victims of drunk driving accidents may be unable to return to work or may have to return to a lower-paying job. You may be able to pursue a recovery for lost wages, loss of earning capacity, loss of pension and benefits, and more.
- Emotional and physical suffering: In addition to your financial damages, you may qualify to recover noneconomic damages, such as for pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of quality of life, and more.
You may be entitled to a recovery for property damage and other losses or expenses as well. A lawyer at our firm may be able to help. Call 713-850-8600.
Criminal DWI Case vs. Civil Injury Case
The drunk driver who caused your accident may face criminal DWI charges. In a criminal case, the prosecution must establish the defendant’s guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
The standard of proof is lower in a civil case. If you take civil action against the defendant in the form of a personal injury action, you must prove liability by a preponderance of the evidence.
So, even if the drunk driver is not convicted of DWI, you may still pursue a civil claim. Call us at 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation to see if we may be able to help you with your drunk driving accident case.
Act Before the Statute of Limitations Runs Out
Under Texas law, you have two years to file a lawsuit for a personal injury that another party caused, including injuries caused by a drunk driver.
If you fail to act within the statute of limitations, you may be unable to take legal action to pursue a recovery for your damages. So, act quickly before the deadline passes.
Get a Free Case Evaluation About Your Drunk Driving Accident
If you are a victim of a drunk driving accident in Pasadena, TX, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to help you file a claim and pursue a recovery.
Get a free case evaluation from our firm. Call us at 713-850-8600. If we represent you, a drunk driving accident attorney in Pasadena, Texas from our firm may be able to help you throughout the entire legal process.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Are Slip And Fall Cases Hard To Win?
- Do You Need to Pay a Retainer For Our Personal Injury Lawyers?
- Which Relatives Are Allowed To Sue For Wrongful Death?
- What Happens If Your Car Accident Was Caused By A Defect Or Repair Mistake In Texas?
- What Types of Injury Cases Fall Under Premises Liability Law In Texas?