If you were injured in a pedestrian accident in Pasadena, Texas, another party may have been responsible for your accident. If so, you may be able to file a claim for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain, and suffering, and other damages.
- D. Miller & Associates, PLLC offers legal services for victims of pedestrian accidents. A pedestrian accident lawyer in Pasadena, TX, from our firm, may be able to help you fight for a fair recovery that covers your losses and expenses.
For a free case evaluation, contact us today at 713-850-8600. We are here to help.
Establishing Fault for a Pedestrian Accident
A pedestrian accident lawyer in Pasadena, TX, from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to help you to establish who was at fault for your accident and build a case for a fair recovery.
Some of the ways we can assist you:
- Establish that a reckless or negligent driver was responsible for your injuries.
- Gather evidence to build your case.
- Speak with law enforcement, insurance companies, eyewitnesses, and medical experts.
- Determine if you had the right of way at the scene of the accident.
- Submit all documentation to help you file your claim.
Call us at 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Types of Pedestrian Accidents That May Apply to Your Case
The nature of your pedestrian accident may affect liability. Below are common types of pedestrian accidents:
Marked Crosswalk Accidents
You may have been injured while crossing the street at a marked crosswalk. If there was a clearly marked crosswalk and a driver hit you, we may be able to establish that the driver was at fault for violating Texas crosswalk laws.
Unmarked Crosswalk Accidents
Texas crosswalk laws apply to marked and unmarked crosswalks. So even if the crosswalk was not marked, the driver may still be liable for violating right-of-way rules.
Accidents While Crossing the Road
Pedestrians must yield the right of way to vehicles when crossing outside of a marked or unmarked crosswalk. But if a driver was speeding or otherwise driving negligently, the driver may be liable for the accident.
Pedestrian Accidents Not Involving Automobiles
Your accident may not have involved a vehicle. You may be the victim of a trip and fall accident due to an uneven or damaged sidewalk. In such cases, premises liability laws might apply to your case.
Expenses and Losses You May Be Able to Recover After a Pedestrian Accident
You may have incurred many expenses and losses from your accident, such as:
- Hospitalization and emergency care
- Physician visits
- Surgery and treatment
- Lost wages and benefits
- Loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
We can help you fight for a fair recovery that accounts for your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Work With a Pedestrian Accident Attorney at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC
Call 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation. When you work with a pedestrian accident lawyer from our firm, we can help you with your case from start to finish.
Help Dealing With Insurance Companies
If the insurance company requests information from you or asks you to give a recorded statement, talk to your lawyer first. We can help you communicate with the insurance company and field any requests from the insurer on your behalf. Your lawyer can also negotiate for a fair recovery and take the case to court if necessary.
Our team can work to protect your rights and interests if the insurance company makes lowball offers, denies your claim, or otherwise tries to prevent you from getting the recovery you deserve.
Evidence Collection & Document Retrieval
We can help retrieve police reports, talk to eyewitnesses, and get other evidence or documents that help us prove fault and the value of your damages.
Some of the evidence we may retrieve includes:
- Police and accident reports
- Photographs and video surveillance
- Eyewitness testimony
- Medical records and bills
- Wage and salary information
- Expert testimony
Meet Deadlines That Apply to Your Pedestrian Accident Case
Texas imposes a statute of limitations of two years for personal injury cases, including pedestrian accident cases. That means you have two years from the date of the accident to file your claim, with a few exceptions.
Call us at 713-850-8600 for an evaluation of your pedestrian accident case.
Hire a Lawyer After a Pedestrian Accident in Pasadena, TX
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident in Pasadena, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to help you through this challenging time. Get a free, no-obligation case evaluation from a member of our team.
Call us today at 713-850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Texas Have a Statute Of Limitations For Personal Injury Claims?
- How Do Bicycle Laws Affect Personal Injury Cases in Texas?
- My Child Was Injured At School – Can I Sue?
- What Types of Injury Cases Fall Under Premises Liability Law In Texas?
- How Much of a Settlement Should I Expect for A Herniated Disk?