If a truck driver caused an accident in which you or a loved one suffered injuries, then you may be entitled to awards. You may also be able to recover awards if you have lost a loved one because of a truck accident in Pasadena.
A Pasadena truck accident lawyer can help you defend your rights. They can also provide you more time to focus on your recovery or your needs following the loss of a loved one.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ today to find out more about how a lawyer can help.
One of Our Lawyers Will Help After Your Truck Accident
A lawyer from our firm can lead your case for justice after a fatal or non-fatal truck accident. A truck injury lawyer may generally be of service if:
- You have lost a loved one from a truck accident
- You have been injured because of a truck accident
- Your loved one has been injured because of a truck accident
Your lawyer will be your representative in all matters related to your truck accident. This may include either an insurance claim or lawsuit. For some clients, a lawyer may bring an insurance claim against one or more defendants and a lawsuit against others.
One of the first duties that your lawyer will perform is protecting you after your accident.
Having a lawyer from our firm by your side just after your accident could benefit you in several ways. If your accident has only recently happened, then you can call us as soon as possible and allow us to serve you.
Following your accident, your injuries may:
- Cause cognitive impairment
- Cause confusion
- Make you act abnormally
- Leave you in shock
- Make it difficult or impossible for you to act normally
Any of these possibilities may make it difficult for you to defend your own rights. One of our lawyers can ensure that insurance companies, attorneys, a truck driver, or any other parties are not taking advantage of you while you are in a compromised state.
It may help to have a lawyer even if you are not cognitively impaired because of your accident. A Pasadena truck accident lawyer may be familiar with:
- Deadlines that could affect any future lawsuit or insurance claim
- Methods for dealing with insurance companies
- Medical providers in Pasadena
- General best practices for truck accident victims
It costs you nothing to participate in a free consultation with a member of our team. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ today to learn how we may serve you after your truck accident.
Possible Losses from a Truck Accident
You may have even lost a loved one because of injuries that they suffered during a truck accident. A lawyer from our firm will work to secure a financial recovery for the losses that you have endured.
Insurance May Cover Medical Costs, Property Damage, and Other Expenses
The Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) explains that motorists in Texas may generally have:
- Liability coverage
- Collision coverage
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage
It explains that auto policies in Texas contain PIP coverage by default unless you wrote your insurance company to tell them that you did not want this coverage. If both you and the at-fault driver were insured with these coverages, then one or more insurance companies may cover:
- The cost of your accident-related medical bills
- The cost of damage to your vehicle
- Lost wages
- Certain other costs related to your injuries
Your lawyer can negotiate with the insurance companies to ensure that you get the coverage that you may deserve. Insurance companies may try to pay you less than you deserve, but your attorney will fight for a fair financial recovery.
Your circumstances may dictate that a lawsuit is necessary. Your lawyer can lead this process for you.
Lawsuits Are Sometimes Necessary
There may be many circumstances under which a truck accident leads to a lawsuit. You may bring a lawsuit if a wrongful death has occurred or insurance does not cover your losses for any reason.
A lawyer from our firm can complete your lawsuit for you. They will file any documents required to start your lawsuit and will see your case through to its conclusion.
Some of the services that we may provide for your lawsuit are:
- The collection of evidence
- Recreation of your accident
- Hiring of experts
- Witness interviews
- Calculation of the cost of your losses
- Negotiation of a settlement
A pre-trial settlement may be the target that your lawyer aims for when it comes to resolving your lawsuit. A settlement may allow you to secure a fair financial recovery without going through the time or expense of a trial.
A trial is sometimes necessary. If negotiations do not result in a settlement, then your lawyer will be prepared to complete a trial. The goal will be to recover a financial outcome that covers your losses.
Call the Team for a Pasadena Truck Accident Lawyer Today
The team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ prides itself on our accessibility to clients. We hold Facebook live streams to answer client questions and will take a personal approach to your truck accident case.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ today to learn how you may partner with a Pasadena truck accident lawyer who will seek a financial recovery for you.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I Sue If My Knee Replacement Gets Infected?
- A Federal Court Has Already Approved a Federal Class Action Settlement, Can I Still Sue USC For Sexual Abuse?
- Does the At-Fault Party’s Insurance Pay Your Car Accident Damages in Texas?
- How Do You Afford a Lifetime of Medical Bills After a Spinal Cord Injury In An Accident?
- How Much of a Settlement Should I Expect for A Herniated Disk?