You may receive a financial recovery for a motorcycle accident in Plano if you suffered injuries due to another driver’s negligence. Filing an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit may help address your medical care, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Our team will handle every step of your case. We will protect you from harm and pursue a fair recovery for you.
What Losses Qualify You for a Recovery?
Your motorcycle accident losses may relate directly to injuries or a loved one’s passing. In cases of an injury, you may receive a recovery for accident-related losses. Our team will review both your economic and non-economic damages to determine what your case may be worth.
Your Pain and Suffering
As an injured motorcycle accident victim, you may:
- Experience intense physical pain
- Lose certain physical abilities
- Be confined in a hospital room for a significant period of time
- Have difficulty sleeping
- Have recurring traumatic memories
- Have cognitive problems
- Experience depression
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) suggests that you may have serious injuries after a motorcycle accident. You may receive financial recovery for pain and suffering from those injuries.
Your Healthcare Expenses
Your accident-related injuries may have required:
- Ambulance transport to an emergency department
- Emergency room treatment
These immediate responses to your injuries may lead to long-term care. Additional healthcare costs may stem from:
- Doctor’s appointments
- Physical therapy
- Steroid injections
- Other rehabilitative treatments
We seek recovery for healthcare costs that you experience immediately and into your future.
If your injuries prevent you from working for any period of time, then you may receive a recovery for:
- Lost salary
- Lost wages
- Lost bonuses
- Other lost forms of income
We can project future loss of income if you are likely to miss more work.
Lost Earning Power
Lost earning power is similar to lost income but is not quite the same. Lost earning power provides financial protection if you return to work, but:
- Can only complete a lower-paying job due to your injuries
- Must limit your hours to accommodate injuries
- Cannot move up the professional ladder due to injury-related limitations
A settlement or judgment may cover these damages.
Seeking Recovery Through a Claim or Lawsuit
The team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ will investigate your motorcycle accident and seek a fair recovery for your case. We may obtain a recovery for clients through:
- An insurance claim
- A pre-trial settlement
- A judgment
We deal with insurance companies on your behalf. We will begin by filing an insurance claim and assessing any initial offers. We can then negotiate a fair recovery.
Negotiations may result in a pre-trial settlement. For civil cases, the American Bar Association (ABA) explains that a settlement is more likely than a trial. A settlement may produce a financial recovery without the time or cost of a trial. If necessary, a lawyer from our firm who serves Plano will take your case to trial.
What Will D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ Do for You?
Attorney Darren Miller and his firm offer you:
- A team of lawyers, investigators, and paralegals
- Legal representation throughout your case
- Assistance with medical appointments and other case-related needs
- The full extent of our legal experience
Insurance claims and lawsuits require a high level of attention. We handle the following responsibilities for you.
We want to understand your case completely before we seek a financial recovery. We investigate your case by:
- Gathering video footage, photographs, and other accident-related evidence
- Obtaining witness accounts
- Obtaining the police report for your accident
- Working with experts in motorcycle accidents
Knowing the facts of your accident will help determine liability and losses.
Pursuit of Fair Financial Recovery
We identify, calculate, and seek recovery for your losses. We determine the value of your losses by:
- Obtaining employment-related records
- Gathering your medical bills
- Calculating non-economic losses (including your pain and suffering)
- Gathering records of motorcycle repair
We will take all necessary steps to determine the full value of your target settlement.
Defense of Your Rights
We protect you from lawyers and insurance companies. We serve as the buffer between you and these parties. We do this because these parties may:
- Offer tempting but unfair settlement offers
- Try to coax you into self-damaging statements
- Intimidate you with a team of lawyers
- Take too long to get back to you via phone or mail
We deal with insurance companies and other lawyers regularly. We can protect your rights and handle all the communications on your behalf.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ Puts You First
We take a client-focused approach to the law. When you hire our team, you can expect us to shoulder your legal needs.
We will give your case the personalized attention it deserves by:
- Monitoring your recovery
- Keeping you informed about your case
- Returning your emails and phone calls in a timely manner
- Conducting any necessary meetings in a location that is convenient for you
When we go to work for you, you can focus on your health and recovery.
What Our Firm Has Accomplished for Clients Like You
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ has:
- Obtained more than $250 million in settlements and verdicts for our clients
- Prevailed in more than 36,000 cases
- Garnered positive reviews from satisfied clients
Remember, you do not have an unlimited amount of time to file a lawsuit. If you wait to call, then the deadline for filing your case could expire.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ Today for a Free Consultation
We offer free case reviews with no obligation. You can ask our team any questions that you have. We will do our best to provide answers, and we will explain the next steps in seeking justice.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ today at (713) 850-8600 for your free consultation. Do not wait to call. The sooner you call, the quicker we may be able to file your case.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- I Was Injured in an Accident with an 18-Wheeler. Can I Sue?
- How Long Do I Have To File A Lawsuit After A Truck Accident In Houston?
- How Can D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Help Me With My UCLA Sexual Abuse Lawsuit?
- How to Handle a Car Accident in Texas
- Do You Need to Pay a Retainer For Our Personal Injury Lawyers?