As your sexual abuse lawyer serving Plano, we will fight for you until justice is served. We will put together a comprehensive case, gathering evidence and seeking out witnesses to support your claims. In the process, we will protect you from communication with the other party, represent you in court proceedings (if your case results in a lawsuit), and negotiate for financial recovery that you deserve.
When you trust the attorneys at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® with your case, you can be confident that you’re in good hands. We would be happy to answer questions about your case and our services during your free consultation.
Seeking Justice for Your Damages
As a victim of abuse, you are entitled to both economic and non-economic damages. If the abuser is undergoing criminal legal proceedings, you are still eligible to file a civil case against them.
Holding the Defendant Accountable
We believe that the defendant should be held accountable for their actions, which is why we are dedicated to providing you with the justice that you deserve. We will fight to recover financial restitution that can help to offset some of the negative consequences you have incurred from your abuse.
Types of Recoverable Damages in Plano
“Damages” refer to the losses you have experienced as a result of the abuse you have suffered. Some of the damages we will fight to recover include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Diminished quality of life
As your sexual abuse lawyer serving Plano residents, we will fight for you every step of the way. We know how life-improving a settlement or judgment can be for those who have been hurt by another person. We will fight for that opportunity with all of the resources, knowledge, and experience we have.
We Get Results for People Who Have Been Harmed By Another Person
As personal injury lawyers, we have the experience required to fight for financial recovery on your behalf. We understand how impactful the actions of others can be on the finances and personal lives of the victims. For that reason, we dedicate our time and resources to the pursuit of justice through a financial recovery that can help you move forward.
Here is what one of our clients had to say about working with us:
- “I wanted to take the time and write that Attorney Raghuthaman was exceptional in his representation for me. He was articulate, fair, and kept informed. He ALWAYS returned my phone calls. I will never use another attorney.”
Legal proceedings can be stressful–we do not want to add to that. As your attorneys, we will fight for your peace of mind during the process. By providing frequent case updates and standing up for you against the offenders, we hope to provide quality services that make a difference in your life.
How Will a Sexual Abuse Lawyer Help?
We will file motions, take care of all legal proceedings, and fight for the financial recovery you are entitled to. The legal process can be long, complex, and time-consuming, but thankfully, we can take on these burdens for you. While you focus on your priorities, we handle the rest.
When you trust D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, with your case, we will:
- Gather evidence to support your case, including witness testimonies, video footage, police reports, and more. Some evidence may require subpoenas or complicated legal proceedings–we will handle collecting this valuable information for you.
- Communicate with the insurer and the legal counsel of the at-fault party. You have been through enough. You should not have to face the stress of communicating with the parties involved in your case. We will handle all calls, emails, and meetings for you.
- Fight for appropriate financial recovery for your suffering. It is likely that you have suffered in unique ways. We will fight for financial recovery that accounts for your physical, emotional, mental, and financial suffering.
- Represent you in court proceedings. If we need to escalate your case to a lawsuit, we will make sure you are prepared for legal proceedings. Along the way, we will protect your rights and represent you in court.
Which Parties Will Be Held Liable?
When you file your criminal case against the defendant, there are possible individuals or organizations that could potentially be held liable. As your legal representatives, we will conduct a thorough investigation to uncover any person, establishment, or entity that allowed or contributed to your abuse. We will then pursue them for the recovery that you deserve.
If the abuse took place in a setting such as a school, work, or at a large gathering, we could hold both the institution and the individual accountable. This may include the employer of the individual who hurt you.
It is also possible that other people overlooked or ignored your abuse or their suspicions of abuse. Anyone who neglected their duties to speak up could be held accountable by our firm.
Statute of Limitations for Sexual Abuse in Plano
It is critical that you file your case prior to the statute of limitations expiring. The statute of limitations is the amount of time you have to file suit and receive damages. In Texas, the statute of limitations is five years after the abuse took place. In some situations, you may have even less time to file. Our attorneys can interpret and fulfill these deadlines for you.
If your case is filed past the deadline, you may forever lose your right to financial recovery. Contacting an attorney quickly can ensure they have plenty of time to build a strong case and navigate any legal hurdles that arise during the process.
Get in Touch With D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® Today!
We know that the idea of taking legal action may feel overwhelming. However, as your legal representatives, we will guide you throughout the entire process. In our pursuit of justice, we will hold each individual or organization liable for the part they played in your suffering. As a result, we hope to secure financial recovery that can help you regain some quality of life.
Schedule your free consultation with our team today, so we can begin the process of filing and assembling a compelling case on your behalf. Our sexual abuse lawyer serving Plano residents will fight from the beginning to the end of your case for the justice you deserve.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Qualifies as a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
- Who Is Liable in a Multi-Car Accident?
- What Is a Deposition & How Do They Affect Personal Injury Cases?
- What Qualities Should You Look For When Hiring A Personal Injury Lawyer In Houston?
- What Are the Downsides of Not Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Case?