According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), there were over 37,000 accidents involving commercial vehicles statewide in 2018. Most of these accidents could have been prevented.
Commercial vehicle accidents are more complicated than other types of motor vehicle accidents. It might help you to call the office of a commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Richardson, TX to learn about financial recovery options.
Our legal team is devoted to helping injured people recover damages and justice from the liable party. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ for a free case evaluation today at (713) 850-8600.
Our Law Firm Handles Commercial Vehicle Accidents
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ has successfully resolved countless personal injury cases, including those that involve commercial vehicle accidents. We understand these cases and are ready to put our resources and staff to work for you.
Our practice area for commercial vehicle accidents includes:
- 18-wheeler and semi-trucks
- Commercial trucks and vans
- Fleet vehicles
- Construction company vehicles
- Utility vehicles
- Tow trucks
- Oil and gas tanker trucks
- Mail and delivery service trucks
If you or a loved one was injured in a commercial vehicle accident that was not your fault, you deserve a strong legal advocate by your side. Call the office of a commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Richardson, TX for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
How We Can Help
A commercial vehicle is a truck, van, car, or bus that is owned and operated by a company for use by employees or agents. Sometimes these vehicles and their supporting trailers or equipment are owned by different companies, and several insurance policies are involved.
It can be challenging to prove liability and pursue financial recovery in these situations. You may be severely injured or taking care of an injured loved one. A commercial vehicle accident lawyer can relieve you of the burden of many necessary steps in these cases, including:
- Investigate the cause or contributing factor in the accident.
- Identify liable parties.
- Evaluate your injuries with the help of your doctor or healthcare provider.
- Gather evidence of liability by the other party.
- Secure testimony and documentation.
- File an insurance claim.
- Negotiate an acceptable settlement or prepare a case for court if the other party will not cooperate in good faith.
You are not alone to face the challenges of a commercial vehicle accident that was not your fault. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can be by your side from start to conclusion.
The Process to Show Liability
Liability in a commercial vehicle accident consists of four elements:
- Establish that the commercial vehicle driver, owner, operator, or company owed you a duty of care to take reasonable measures that could have prevented injuring you.
- Show that the other party breached this duty of care in some manner, such as speeding, running a red light, or failing to be trained to operate the vehicle.
- Connect this breach of duty to your physical and emotional injuries.
- Prove that these injuries have led to damages such as medical bills, lost pay, and other losses related to the accident.
Our legal and professional team is passionate about helping our clients with proactive and personalized care. If you or your loved one was harmed by someone’s reckless act, you deserve a legal fighter who pursues justice on your behalf.
We Gather Evidence to Support Liability
Vehicles today carry sophisticated technology that can help bolster your case after a commercial vehicle accident. Some delivery companies install a device to monitor the driver’s speed, route, and other details. A commercial vehicle accident attorney can request this digital information as part of his or her process of establishing liability.
Other types of evidence that we can use to show liability and negligence include:
- Video from closed-circuit or red-light cameras
- Photos from the accident scene
- Witness accounts
- Police reports
- Test results if the other party underwent drug or alcohol testing
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can also check on the driver’s history, training, and background. Sometimes we can show liability by detecting a lack of necessary education or training.
Recoverable Damages from a Commercial Vehicle Accident
There are several factors that affect what damages a lawyer with our firm might recover on your behalf.
These factors include:
- Extent and severity of your injuries
- Value of all your expenses
- Any prior incidents or wrongdoing by the other party
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer can objectively and thoroughly compile your economic and non-economic damages, which might include:
- Ambulance and emergency room care
- Hospital stays
- Doctor visits
- Specialist visits
- Home health care if needed
- Lost income while you were unable to work
- Property damage including temporary transportation and other related expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ will pursue recovery on your behalf.
Statute of Limitations for Legal Action
Our legal team can often successfully resolve your case and recover damages without having to go to court. Sometimes it may be in a client’s best interest to escalate a claim to the next level. Under Texas law, you have two years from the date of injury to file a personal injury lawsuit. That is why we suggest that you contact a law firm about a commercial vehicle case as soon as possible.
Let Us Help You
If a commercial vehicle accident has left you injured and with damages, it may be time to hire a commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Richardson, TX. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ at (713) 850-8600.