If you were in a car accident caused by a drunk driver, please get medical attention. Some injuries are not immediately apparent and may require diagnosis by a healthcare professional.
Your next step should be to call a drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer in Rosenberg, TX. You could qualify for financial recovery of damages such as medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. You have rights that an injury lawyer can protect. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600.
A Drunk Driving Accident and Injury Lawyer Will Hold the Liable Party Accountable
Unfortunately for you, a drunk driver got behind the wheel and caused an accident. Now you are hurt and have medical bills and other expenses. We do not think you should have to pay for someone else’s reckless action.
A drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer in Rosenberg will protect your rights and pursue financial recovery if you qualify. Our process begins with a free case evaluation to determine if you are eligible for recovery. Whether you are eligible depends on the following:
- The driver owed you a duty to drive safely, obey the rules of the road, and take sensible measures to avoid an accident.
- The driver clearly breached this duty by driving while intoxicated, causing you injury.
- You now have damages in the form of medical expenses, mental anguish, and other losses.
Criminal charges are separate from seeking recovery, but a driver convicted for a DWI surely demonstrates negligence. Once we have proven negligence, we will file a claim against the drunk driver’s insurance. To learn more, please call 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Why You Should Call a Drunk Driving (DWI) Accident and Injury Lawyer
Texas liability laws can be challenging. You also have a limited time of two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. Most of the time, a drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer in Rosenberg, TX can negotiate with the insurance company. If not, we can take your case to court. However, it is important to note that it takes time to prepare your case for trial.
Your Health Is the Best Reason to Call a Lawyer
The most important reason for you to call a drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer is your health and well-being. You should not have to deal with an insurance adjuster and all the paperwork while you are recuperating. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will take care of all the necessary steps involved in an insurance claim or lawsuit, including:
- Conduct a thorough review of your accident.
- Review police reports and witness statements.
- Gather all expenses including medical bills, lost wages, and property damage.
- Submit a detailed demand to the other driver’s insurance company.
- Communicate and negotiate with the insurance adjuster to reach an acceptable settlement.
What You Could Recover as a Drunk Driving Accident Plaintiff
There are no predetermined or minimum amounts when it comes to a drunk driving accident and injury case. A drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer in Rosenberg will compile your medical bills, pay stubs, and other proof of accident-related expenses. Your lawyer will also likely include a written evaluation of your injuries and prognosis from your healthcare provider.
Texas recognizes two kinds of compensatory damages: special and general. Special damages are things like medical bills. General damages are less tangible and include loss of companionship.
You could recover for the following types of damages:
- Medical bills including ambulance, prescriptions, and equipment such as a crutch or neck brace
- Lost pay for the time you missed at work
- Reduced earning ability if you cannot return to your job
- Disability or disfigurement
- Loss of companionship, consortium, protection, or support
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
It is important that you keep all your bills and expenses. It is imperative that you run any settlement offers you receive by an attorney. You will not have an opportunity to file another claim if you agree to a settlement or verdict. We invite you to call for a free case evaluation to get started. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600.
We Are Here if You Lost a Loved One in a Drunk Driving Accident
If a loved one passed away from injuries sustained in a drunk driving accident, please accept our condolences. Unfortunately, drunk drivers take the lives of many innocent victims each year. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, 1,024 lives were lost in 2017 in motor vehicle accidents involving alcohol.
A drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer in Rosenberg can file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit for you and other surviving family members. Your lawyer will pursue recovery for pain and suffering, final expenses, and other related damages.
Choose a Law Firm Committed to Our Community
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped injured people in Rosenberg and Fort Bend County. Our entire team is committed to exceptional client service and giving back to our community.
If a drunk driver injured you, please call a drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer in Rosenberg. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Texas
- Should You Ever Accept the Insurance Company’s First Offer After an Accident?
- What Happens If Your Car Accident Was Caused By A Defect Or Repair Mistake In Texas?
- How Does Maximum Medical Improvement Apply to My Injury Case?
- How Much Is the USC Sexual Abuse Lawsuit Worth?