Large trucks are defined by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) as a vehicle that has a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) of greater than 10,000 pounds. The average passenger car weighs about 4,000 pounds. It is easy to see how a collision with a truck causes tremendous injury and damage to other motorists.
If another party caused your accident, you should not have to pay for those injuries and damage. A truck accident lawyer in Rosenberg, TX can help you obtain the recovery you need. Please call 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation. The team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC wants to help you pursue recovery if you qualify.
Truck Accident Injuries Are Painful and Costly
If you have been treated for your injuries, you may already be facing some hefty medical expenses. If you have not seen your doctor, please get medical attention right away. You do not want to risk an undiagnosed and potentially dangerous condition. If you fail to get the medical care you need, your injuries may worsen or you may be unable to link your injuries to the accident.
A healthcare provider looks after your physical and mental recovery. A truck accident lawyer in Rosenberg can pursue financial recovery if you qualify.
You could recover for financial damages such as:
- Lost pay
- Medical bills
- Reduced earning ability if you cannot return to your job
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Car repair, replacement, and rental costs
If you lost a loved one in a truck accident, an injury lawyer from our firm can pursue recovery for wrongful death. Do not take chances with your legal rights. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Wrongful Deaths from a Truck Accident in Rosenberg
Texas had the most bus and truck fatalities in 2015 and 2016, according to the FMCSA. In 2016, 4564 large trucks and buses were involved in fatal accidents.
If you lost a family member in a truck accident, please accept our sympathies. We know nothing can bring back your loved one. However, you have the right to seek recovery on behalf of your loved one. We understand that this is a time of mourning for your family. The reality, however, is that you may have medical bills and other financial pressures related to your loved one’s passing.
If you are the parent, surviving spouse or child (either biological or legally adopted), a lawyer from our firm can help you file a survival or wrongful death claim or lawsuit.
You may be entitled to financial recovery of:
- Medical bills incurred before your loved one’s passing
- Funeral costs
- Lost earning ability including salary and benefits your loved one would have obtained had they lived a normal life expectancy
- Loss of companionship, protection, guidance, maintenance, and counsel
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Choose a Truck Accident Lawyer in Rosenberg With a Large Practice Area
Truck accidents can result in catastrophic injuries. As truck accident lawyers in Rosenberg, we have seen victims and their families struggle with medical expenses. Some conditions, such as traumatic brain injuries, require lifelong care.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has obtained financial recovery for many truck accident victims. We accept all kinds of truck accident cases including:
- Large commercial trucks
- 18-wheeler and semi-trucks
- Intersection collisions
- Head-on and rear-end accidents
- Accidents with multiple vehicles
- Rollover and jack-knife accidents
Why You Should Call a Truck Accident Lawyer in Rosenberg
You should know that the truck driver, trucking company, and their insurance carrier may try to deny responsibility for the accident. They may delay, deny, or downplay your claim.
Dealing with an insurance adjuster can be frustrating and exhausting. A truck accident lawyer in Rosenberg can pursue recovery so you can concentrate on feeling better. There are other benefits when you consult a truck accident lawyer, including:
- Most people do not have the legal knowledge or experience to fully protect their rights.
- You could unknowingly jeopardize your chance of financial recovery.
- It can be intimidating to deal with an insurance adjuster or a judge, especially if you are not fully recuperated from your injuries.
- A member of our team will evaluate your case for free, and our lawyers work on a contingency basis.
Our Firm Is Thorough, Professional, and Compassionate
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has obtained financial recovery through insurance settlements and verdicts. Our past results do not guarantee future outcomes; however, we will do all we can to help you and your family recover what you deserve.
Our process for truck accident cases includes the following steps:
- Review police reports and witness statements.
- Obtain the truck driver’s driving history.
- Request the truck company’s safety, training, and maintenance records.
- Take photos of the accident site or analyze existing pictures and video, if applicable.
- Determine how the accident occurred (e.g., driving while fatigued, speeding, tailgating, driving recklessly, maintenance issue, etc.)
- Obtain a statement from your healthcare provider about your injuries and prognosis.
- Make copies of all your bills and expenses.
- Take care of all communication and negotiation with the insurance adjuster.
A truck accident lawyer in Rosenberg will be your legal advocate. For a free case evaluation, please call 713-850-8600.
Please Call for a Free Case Evaluation
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Is Your Dog Bite Injury Case Worth In Texas?
- Does Texas Have a Statute Of Limitations For Personal Injury Claims?
- If I Have Been Injured In A Truck Accident Can I Sue The Trucking Company?
- What Happens If You Get In An Accident Without A License In Texas?
- What Are The Effects Of Traumatic Brain Injury On Your Financial Situation?