Accidents involving an 18-wheeler and semi-truck often result in significant injury, especially to other motorists.
If you or a member of your family was injured in a collision with an 18-wheeler or semi-truck, you could be entitled to financial recovery. We invite you to call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation. A member of our team can meet with you at your home or in a convenient location if our office is too difficult for you.
Texas Is Among States With Highest Percentages of 18-Wheeler Accidents
Texas has one of the nation’s highest rates of 18-wheeler and semi-truck accidents. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, there were 35,600 large truck accidents in Texas in 2017.
Not only do these accidents cause significant injury or loss of life, but they also create financial burdens from unexpected bills. A day or two in the hospital may cost you several thousands of dollars. These damages are more distressing if you cannot work because of your injuries.
What D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Does to Help You
You have the right to seek financial recovery if the other driver is primarily responsible for the collision. You also have the right to have the attorney of your choice to represent you to the insurance adjuster, the defendant’s lawyer, or before a judge or jury.
An 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer serving Round Rock, TX, can help you to:
- Identify the liable party or parties
- Collect evidence that shows liability
- Seek financial recovery from those responsible
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC takes care of the many details in building a strong insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit so that you may focus on recovering from your injuries. Texas has complex liability and negligence laws, as well as a statute of limitations of two years from the date of the accident.
Please do not jeopardize your legal right to pursue recovery from a reckless driver. Call today for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
What Types of Damages Might Be Recovered
Your 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer serving Round Rock, TX, will help you pursue compensatory damages for your injuries. The specific type of damages will depend on the severity of your injuries, but may include:
- Emergency transportation and medical services
- Medical tests such as X-rays and MRIs
- Prescriptions and medical devices, such as crutches
- Physical rehabilitation and other recovery therapy
- Property damage such as car repair or replacement
- Lost income
- Reduced earning ability due to injuries
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is often able to negotiate an acceptable settlement with the defendant’s insurance carrier. Of course, our lawyers can readily prepare your case for trial, if necessary.
We Investigate the Cause of the Accident
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped many clients recover damages after an 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident. While past results do not guarantee future outcomes, we are committed to helping you obtain the financial recovery you may deserve.
Our legal team digs deep into the cause of the accident so that we may determine liability in the recovery efforts. Some of the ways in which we obtain evidence might include:
- Reading police reports and witness statements, with follow-up interviews if necessary, for more information or clarification
- Obtaining the truck driver’s driving history, as well as any on-board systems that could supply crucial details about the accident
- Requesting safety, training, and maintenance records
- Reviewing photos or videos of the accident site and your damaged vehicle
- Getting a statement from your healthcare provider about your injuries and prognosis
- Compiling your accident-related expenses
- Consulting with medical, vocational, and economic experts if necessary, to obtain a correct value of your damages
An 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer is ready to help you and your loved ones. For a free case evaluation with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, call (713) 850-8600.
Why 18-Wheeler and Semi-Truck Accidents Happen
According to the National Safety Council, 94 percent of all motor vehicle accidents are caused by driver error. One of the leading factors is distracted driving.
When drivers are distracted, they make mistakes. There are many kinds of distractions, including:
- Talking on a cell phone (hands-free and hand-held)
- Adjusting climate control, radio, or navigation application
- Eating or drinking
- Too much interior noise or distraction, such as very loud music
- Exterior noise or distraction, such as roadside construction
Distracted driving is a common factor in 18-wheeler and semi-truck accidents. Other contributing factors include:
- Drunk driving
- Drowsy driving
- Changing lanes when it is unsafe
- Following too closely behind other vehicles
- Overloaded trucks or tractor-trailers
- Driving under the influence of narcotics or other drugs
Our lawyers cannot erase the trauma of an accident, but we promise to do all we can to help you recover damages caused by driver negligence. For a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC: (713) 850-8600.
We File a Claim and Deal With the Insurance Adjuster
We strongly recommend that you allow our 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyers to speak with the insurance adjuster. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will file, track, and manage a claim against the defendant’s insurance carrier so that you can rest and recuperate. We can help you on a contingency basis.
Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC if you were injured in an accident involving an 18-wheeler or semi-truck. An 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer serving Round Rock, TX, will protect your legal rights and pursue financial recovery
Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- When Do You Need to Involve the Police After an Auto Accident in Texas?
- Can I Sue If I Was A Passenger In A Car Accident In Texas?
- How Do You Document Evidence at The Scene of a Car Accident?
- What Are Your Legal Rights If Your Child Was Injured or Killed Riding A Bicycle in Texas?
- Can You Sue For Distracted Driving Accidents In Texas?