A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving San Angelo, TX can protect your rights and help you recover damages for medical bills and other losses. Texas has complicated liability and negligence laws, and it can be daunting to navigate these on your own.
It is your legal right to consult a lawyer about your case. This gives you peace of mind, knowing that you have a strong advocate by your side who can deal with the insurance adjuster and the other party’s lawyer while you focus on feeling better.
For a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ at (713) 850-8600. A member of our team can tell you whether you have a case.
How a Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer Benefits You
Some of the most serious injuries we have seen were caused by a commercial vehicle accident. Oftentimes, these vehicles are large trucks or vans that weigh many times more than the typical passenger car.
A commercial vehicle accident attorney can relieve you of many of the steps necessary in pursuing damages, including:
- Gather evidence of liability by the other party
- Secure medical records to gain an understanding of your injuries
- Compile your medical bills, pay stubs, and other evidence of damages
- Identify and communicate with liable parties
- Pursue recovery on your behalf
We understand that these are stressful circumstances for you and your loved ones. You did not ask to be in this position, but you can choose how to proceed. Call the office of a commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving San Angelo, TX for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
When to Connect with a Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer
We encourage you to hire a commercial vehicle accident lawyer as soon as possible. There are several reasons why this may be in your best interest, including:
- Evidence can erode or become misplaced.
- Peoples’ memories can become uncertain, creating unreliable witnesses.
- Insurance companies may view delays as an opportunity to question your injuries or damages.
Like other states, Texas has a statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits. According to Texas law, you have only two years from when you were injured to take legal action. This may sound like plenty of time, but you should consider that many personal injury lawsuits begin as insurance claims.
We Negotiate with the Insurance Adjuster
There may be more than one insurance carrier involved in a commercial vehicle accident because there may be two or more liable parties. For example, if you were struck by an 18-wheeler truck, one company may own the tractor while another owns the trailer. This can make negotiations between different insurance companies more complex.
Our legal team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ may consult with experts to reach a consensus on your damages.
When it comes to insurance negotiations, you should be aware that:
- You do not have to accept an insurance company’s first offer.
- First offers are often low-ball amounts that are inadequate for your injuries or damages.
- Insurance settlement terms are usually confidential, and the liable party does not have to admit any wrongdoing.
Your attorney can help you understand your legal options. Our firm uses Facebook live streams as one way to connect with our clients.
We Are Familiar with Commercial Vehicle Accidents
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ has helped clients recover damages for injuries caused by someone else’s negligent or careless behavior.
A commercial vehicle accident involves any vehicle used for commercial or business use, including:
- Delivery trucks and vans
- 18-wheeler trucks
- Fleet cars
- Uber and Lyft vehicles
- Tow trucks
- Garbage trucks
- Dump trucks
These commercial vehicles are often insured for large amounts. An insurance adjuster may try to prevent you from recovering damages for your injuries. A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving San Angelo, TX will stand up to the insurance company for the best possible outcome for you and your loved ones.
Damages for a Commercial Vehicle Accident
You may have significant injuries after an accident involving a commercial vehicle. The more extensive your injuries, the greater your damages. Our legal team will do all we can to hold the liable party accountable for such damages as:
- Medical care and treatment (current and future)
- Lost pay for the time that you could not work
- Reduced earning ability if your injuries leave you disabled, disfigured, or with a chronic medical condition
- Lifecare costs
- Property damage
- Prescription medicine, medical equipment, or adaptive devices
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
If you lost a loved one in a commercial vehicle accident, please accept our condolences. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), 616 people lost their lives in these types of collisions in 2018. Our lawyers can help you seek recovery for final expenses, loss of income, and other damages.
Injuries Caused by a Commercial Vehicle Accident
There are many injuries associated with a commercial vehicle accident, including:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Back and spinal cord injuries
- Deep cuts and lacerations to the face, hands, and other areas
Your health is important to us. Our legal team members at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can keep you updated on your case throughout its entirety.
Work with a Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one was injured by a commercial vehicle, you deserve to know your legal options. A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving San Angelo, TX can protect your rights and pursue financial recovery. For a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ at (713) 850-8600.