Accidents involving an 18-wheeler or semi-truck often involve multiple parties, large insurance policies, and extensive injuries or loss of life. If you or a family member was hurt in an accident with an 18-wheeler or semi-truck and have significant damages, it may be time to call a lawyer.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC handles many types of 18-wheeler accidents, including those that involve:
- Drunken driving
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Head-on collisions
- Hit and run
- Defective tires
- Road debris
You deserve to know your legal rights and have those rights protected by the attorney of your choosing. Please call our firm today for a free case evaluation from an 18-wheeler and semi-truck lawyer in San Antonio at (713) 850-8600.
Injuries Related to 18-Wheeler and Semi-Truck Accidents
Injuries from an 18-wheeler or semi-truck accident tend to be more extensive because these vehicles are often 10 times the weight of a typical passenger car. Some common injuries that might occur in an 18-wheeler truck accident include:
- Fractured and crushed bones.
- Deep lacerations that can lead to disfigurement.
- Head injuries including traumatic brain injuries.
- Spinal cord or back injuries that could result in paralysis.
- Whiplash and other neck injuries.
- Organ damage.
- Internal bleeding.
It is easy to see how medical bills from these kinds of injuries quickly add up. An 18-wheeler and semi-truck lawyer in San Antonio with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will assess your injuries, damages, and the details of your case for potential recovery from the liable party.
You should not have to suffer financially for injuries caused by someone’s mistake. To learn more about potential recovery, call (713) 850-8600.
How a Lawyer Shows Liability to Seek Financial Recovery
Some truck accidents are easy to understand, and it is simple to show liability. You may not realize this, but you could be entitled to pursue damages even if you were partly responsible for the collision.
Therefore, we urge you to call for a free case evaluation. The circumstances of your accident could include the necessary elements to show liability, including:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care to take reasonable measures that would have prevented the injury.
- The at-fault party breached this duty of care in some manner, either through a careless act or failure to act.
- This breach of care caused your injuries.
- Your injuries resulted in damages such as medical bills, lost pay, pain and suffering, and other losses.
We do not expect that the at-fault party will readily admit any wrongdoing or liability. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has the resources and ability to obtain evidence to build a compelling case in your favor.
We Obtain Evidence of Liability in Many Ways
Our legal and research team rolls up their sleeves to uncover proof that could hold the other party accountable. Some 18-wheeler and semi-trucks have sophisticated onboard systems that show valuable information, such as the speed that the driver was traveling at the time of the collision. Our lawyers may also review evidence such as:
- Driver’s logbooks.
- Weigh station results.
- Safety and maintenance records.
- Driver’s history of any prior violations, charges, or incidents.
- Photos or videos.
- Eyewitness accounts.
- Police reports.
- Physical evidence including your damaged vehicle.
Evidence such as skid marks and road debris can quickly erode, so it is in your best interest to call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
Common Factors in an 18-Wheeler Accident
The most common contributing factors in these collisions include:
- Distracted driving.
- Driver fatigue.
- Failure to yield.
Pursuing Recovery After an 18-Wheeler Truck Accident
If you sustained injuries in an accident with an 18-wheeler, Texas law permits you to sue for damages related to the accident and your injuries. An 18-wheeler and semi-truck lawyer in San Antonio with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will help you pursue recovery through an insurance settlement or in court.
Here are common damages that you could recover:
- Medical costs including ambulance, emergency room care, hospitalization, radiology and testing, and surgery.
- Future medical costs for rehabilitation.
- Lost wages for missing work because of injury.
- Lost earning capacity if disability prevents you from returning to your job.
- Pain and suffering.
- Scarring and disfigurement.
- Loss of consortium.
Our 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyers help you recover damages on a contingency basis. This means that we do not get paid unless you recover. We are committed to exceptional client service throughout this process.
We Take Care of the Details
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can relieve you of the time-consuming and sometimes frustrating process of dealing with the insurance adjuster. This lets you focus on recovering from your injuries.
Our client services include:
- Free case evaluation at your home, the hospital, or our office.
- Identifying the liable party or parties.
- Communicating with the liable parties or their representatives (such as insurance adjuster or lawyer).
- Compiling your bills, receipts, medical records, and other evidence of injury and loss.
- Sending a detailed claim to the insurance adjuster.
- Negotiating a fair settlement.
- Protecting your rights and making sure you understand what we are doing on your behalf.
You do not have to guess about potential recovery or your rights. For a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today: (713) 850-8600.
You Have a Limited Time to Take Legal Action
Texas has a two-year statute of limitations on filing a personal injury lawsuit. That is why we suggest that you call us as soon as possible. You want to make sure that you have time to exercise all available legal options.
Call an 18-Wheeler and Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer in San Antonio Today
We invite you to find out if you are entitled to recover damages after an 18-wheeler truck accident. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Happens If Your Personal Injury Case Settles?
- What Will It Cost Me To Hire An Attorney In A Truck Accident Case?
- My Loved One Was Killed In A Truck Accident, Am I Able To Sue?
- Who Do You Sue If Your Car Accident Was Caused By A Tire Blowout in Texas?
- What Are Slip and Fall Injury Cases Worth in Texas?