Few people are familiar with the process involved with recovering damages after a traffic accident. If the collision involved a commercial vehicle, pursuing recovery can prove even more challenging.
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving San Antonio, TX, with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may help you recover damages on a contingency basis. We take care of the numerous details and actions when we take on a client’s case. This gives you the time you need to rest and recuperate from your injuries or to take care of an injured loved one.
We invite you to call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation to learn more about our services.
What Our Firm Can Do for You
Our commercial vehicle accident lawyers may help you apply the nuances of Texas liability and negligence laws. We are often able to obtain financial recovery for our clients through a careful process that may include:
- Obtaining evidence of liability from accident reports, police reports, witness statements, safety inspections, and on-board vehicle data
- Conducting follow-up interviews with police and witnesses, if necessary
- Securing relevant information about the liable party, including driving and safety records, drug and alcohol test results, and previous violations
- Gathering physical evidence and photos from the accident scene
- Consulting your healthcare provider to gain a clear understanding of your injuries and anticipated prognosis
- Compiling a detailed claim to send to the other party’s insurance company
- Negotiating an acceptable settlement on your behalf
Sometimes, negotiations do not result in fair compensation, so we may then bring your case to trial. A lawyer at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may explain your legal options so you can make the decision that is appropriate for you.
Types of Recovery that You May Be Entitled to Receive
We have helped many clients obtain financial recovery for their medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages. It is our goal to help you recover damages for your physical and emotional pain.
Some of the types of recovery that we may recover include:
- Medical tests, scans, and emergency room services
- Specialists and doctor’s visits
- Prescription medicine
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Domestic costs (such as childcare if your injuries prevent you from taking care of young children)
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Wrongful death if you lost a loved one to injuries sustained in the accident
No two cases are the same, and it is important that we have time to fully exert your legal rights. According to Texas law, there is a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
When to Call a Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer
In addition to the state’s deadline for taking legal action, there are other reasons why you may call a lawyer about financial recovery as soon as possible:
- If you wait to seek financial recovery, the other party may use that as proof that your injuries and damages are not valid or significant.
- You likely have substantial medical expenses and other damages that require payment.
- Following up with medical treatments may help prove your losses are real and accident-related.
Call a commercial vehicle lawyer serving San Antonio with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation as soon as you feel well enough. Keep in mind that injuries sustained from car accidents may worsen as time passes, especially if left untreated.
Our Firm Handles Many Kinds of Accidents
Texas roadways are filled with all types of commercial vehicles, and Bexar County has more than its share of accidents involving these vehicles.
You can call our firm after any type of commercial vehicle accident, including:
- Head-on collisions with injuries
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI)
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Left-turn accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Accidents caused by cargo (e.g., improperly secured cargo that falls into the road)
- Defective tire thread accidents
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may also be able to help if you lost a family member to injuries from a commercial vehicle accident. Please accept our condolences if you and your family suffered this tragic event. Rest assured that our lawyers may help you recover damages and justice for your family.
To learn more, please call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
What to Expect as a Valued Client
We know that you have a choice when it comes to pursuing recovery. While you do not have to hire a lawyer, an attorney may protect your legal rights and speak on your behalf while you are recovering from your injuries.
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has passionately fought for injured and disabled people who suffered because of someone’s careless or negligent act.
We know that this is a confusing and emotional time for you and your family. As your legal advocates, we may:
- Assign your case to an attorney, not an associate
- Keep you informed about your case progress
- Stand up to insurance adjusters who may try to deny, downplay, or delay your claim
- Preserve your legal rights throughout the process
Everything you say to your lawyer remains privileged information, so you can feel comfortable and confident discussing your case, injuries, and damages.
Call Our Attorneys Today for a Free Case Evaluation
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving San Antonio may help you recover damages from those responsible. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC invites you to call for a free, no-obligation case evaluation today.
You have limited time to pursue financial recovery since a statute of limitations applies for personal injury lawsuits. If you exceed the deadline, you may lose your right to take any legal action at all. We would be honored to help.
Call (713) 850-8600 to begin understanding your rights after an accident with a commercial vehicle in San Antonio.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Kind of Lawyer Do You Need for A Dog Bite Injury in Texas?
- Do I Need an Attorney to Pursue a Truck Accident Claim?
- What is ‘Loss of Future Earning Capacity’ & How Does it Apply to Injury Cases?
- How Can D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Help Me With My UCLA Sexual Abuse Lawsuit?
- How Much Is Your Dog Bite Injury Case Worth In Texas?