A lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ may be able to help you seek financial recovery following a San Antonio motorcycle collision. We can use evidence to show another driver caused your accident. A recovery of your damages—including medical bills and lost wages—may be possible.
You can talk with a team member serving San Antonio about your rights today. We offer free case evaluations for those hurt in motorcycle accidents.
Pursuing Damages After a San Antonio Motorcycle Collision
Many motorcycle accident claims settle without a lawsuit. If we represent you, we may be able to negotiate a settlement agreement with the other driver’s insurer. A settlement could provide you with an appropriate financial recovery. This award would be based on the damages you endured.
These damages could include:
- Medical treatment and related costs
- Ongoing care expenses
- Future medical needs
- Lost wages
- Future loss of income, if you cannot return to your job
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering
It might be not possible to reach a fair settlement without going to trial. We may recommend filing a lawsuit to try to hold the at-fault driver accountable for their actions. Our trial lawyers represent our clients to judges and juries all the time.
What Can I Do if My Family Member Passed Away From Their Accident Injuries?
Under Texas law, certain family members have a right to pursue a wrongful death claim or civil action against the at-fault driver. The team from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ handles these cases as well. We may be able to help your family seek recovery based on your loved one’s San Antonio motorcycle accident.
How Does D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ Help Motorcycle Accident Victims?
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, our team believes that every accident victim deserves representation. If we work together on your case, you can trust that you will have someone by your side. Our team will fight for your best interests throughout this process.
Since 2002, we have helped injured people file insurance claims and go to trial to secure a financial recovery. You do not have to try to navigate this process on your own. We will handle your legal case so you can focus on healing from your injuries.
When we represent an injured motorcyclist, we:
- Communicate with the insurance company and other involved parties, so our client does not have to
- Protect their right to seek a recovery based on their damages
- Gather evidence to build a case that supports their claim
- Prepare a strong argument for a fair financial recovery
- File the appropriate paperwork with the insurer or in court
- Represent their best interests during settlement negotiations or at trial
We generally file an insurance claim and attempt to reach a settlement with the insurer for every client. This is usually the least expensive and least time-consuming option for seeking your financial recovery.
However, we will file a motorcycle accident lawsuit in civil court on our client’s behalf if necessary. This allows us to present our argument to a judge and jury at a civil trial. Cases sometimes settle outside of court even after filing a civil action, though.
How Do Motorcycle Accident Cases Differ From Other Traffic Accident Claims?
Like other types of traffic accident claims, motorcycle collision injury cases require us to prove that the other driver acted negligently. This could include making a careless mistake and violating a traffic law, or driving recklessly. We could that show their actions caused your accident and link your injuries and damages to the collision. If we do this, we could likely secure financial recovery in your case.
Our team knows how to gather and analyze the evidence necessary to develop an argument to support your claim. This could include:
- Obtaining documents, police reports, and medical records
- Interviewing witnesses
- Surveying the scene
- Obtaining security or traffic camera video of the collision
- Hiring accident reconstruction specialists
- Identifying expert witnesses if necessary
- Documenting your expenses and losses
The biggest difference between motorcycle accident cases and other traffic accidents is the severity of injuries. Motorcyclists are much more likely to have devastating, life-altering injuries. At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, we understand the financial and emotional costs associated with injuries such as:
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Lost limbs
- Burns and scarring
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
To learn more about our services based on the specific details of your accident, connect with us today for your complimentary case evaluation.
When Should I Call a Lawyer About My Motorcycle Accident?
There are deadlines you must meet to file a lawsuit against the driver who caused your collision. In general, Texas law gives motorcycle accident victims up to two years to begin their civil case against the at-fault driver.
Note that this deadline applies to filing the initial paperwork to begin a lawsuit. This means that we would need to take several steps before the timeline expires. This includes:
- Investigating the collision
- Identifying the liable party or parties
- Filing an insurance claim
- Seeking a negotiated settlement
- Preparing paperwork to begin a lawsuit, if necessary
Each of these steps takes time. We recommend that you get started on your motorcycle accident case as quickly as possible. Reach out to connect with our team for a complimentary evaluation as soon as your injuries allow.
If your loved one has catastrophic injuries and cannot contact us on their own, we will discuss your family’s legal options with you during this time.
Speak to a Team Member Serving San Antonio About Your Motorcycle Accident
The motorcycle accident lawyers from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ may be able to help. Our team offers free case evaluations for victims of these collisions. If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, you may have a case against the other driver.
Let our team evaluate your case for free today. Call (713) 850-8600 to speak with us about your case now.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What if You Have Trouble Paying Medical Bills After a Serious Car Accident?
- Can I Sue for Pregnancy Complications Following a Car Accident?
- What Is the Average Time to Settle a Personal Injury Case in Texas?
- How Can I Prove Negligence for a Truck Accident?
- Should I Take An Ambulance After A Car Accident In Houston?