San Antonio has the fastest-growing population in the country, according to data the San Antonio Current highlights. With increased people comes increased traffic, and with increased traffic comes increased traffic accidents. Unfortunately, motorcyclists are at greater risk of serious injuries. If you suffered a wreck in the Alamo City, you need extra help.
A lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, can help you seek financial recovery following a San Antonio motorcycle collision. We can use evidence to show another driver caused your accident. A recovery of your losses—including medical bills and lost income—is possible. You can talk with a motorcycle accident lawyer in San Antonio about your rights today. We offer free case evaluations for those hurt in motorcycle wrecks.
Pursuing Damages After a San Antonio Motorcycle Collision
Many motorcycle accident claims settle without a lawsuit. If our personal injury lawyers represent you, we may be able to negotiate a settlement agreement with the other driver’s insurer. A settlement could provide you with an appropriate financial recovery.
This award is based on the losses you endured, including:
- Medical treatment and related costs
- Ongoing care expenses
- Future medical needs
- Lost income
- Future loss of income if you cannot return to your job
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering
Sometimes it is not possible to reach a fair settlement without going to trial. We may recommend filing a lawsuit to try to hold the at-fault driver accountable for their actions. Our motorcycle crash lawyers represent our clients to judges and juries all the time.
What Can I Do If My Family Member Passed Away from Motorcycle Accident Injuries in San Antonio?
Under Texas law, certain family members have a right to pursue a wrongful death action or civil action against the at-fault driver. The team from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® handles these cases as well. We can help your family seek recovery based on your loved one’s San Antonio motorcycle accident.
Howdoes a Motorcycle Injury Lawyer Help San Antonio Accident Victims?
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, our team believes every accident victim deserves representation. If we work together on your case, you can trust that you will have someone by your side. Our team serving San Antonio will fight for your best interests throughout this process.
Since 2002, we have helped injured people file insurance claims and go to trial to secure a financial recovery. You do not have to try to navigate this process on your own. We will handle your legal case so that you can focus on healing from your injuries.
When we represent injured motorcyclists, we:
- Communicate with the insurance company and other involved parties so you do not have to
- Protect your right to seek recovery based on your losses
- Gather evidence to build a case that supports your claim
- Prepare a strong argument for a fair financial recovery
- Work to ensure your claim is not unfairly denied or dragged out and does not require jumping through unnecessary hoops
- File the appropriate paperwork with the insurer or in court
- Decipher insurance policy terms, settlement offers, legal requirements, and other jargon so that you understand what is happening in your case
- Represent your best interests during settlement negotiations or at trial
All the while, we stay in touch. You can call us, email us, or come to our office. We are even accessible via Facebook. If your injuries or lifestyle make it difficult to come to our office, we can visit you.
We Can Determine When to Go to Court After a San Antonio Motorcycle Accident
We generally file an insurance claim and attempt to reach a settlement with the insurer for every client. This is usually the least expensive and least time-consuming option for seeking your financial recovery.
However, we will file a motorcycle injury lawsuit in civil court on your behalf if necessary. This allows us to present our argument to a judge and jury at a civil trial. Cases sometimes settle outside of court even after filing a civil action.
How do Motorcycle Wreck Cases Differ from Other Traffic Accident Claims?
Like other types of traffic accident claims, motorcycle collision injury cases require us to prove that the other driver acted negligently. This could include:
- Making a careless mistake
- Violating a traffic law like speeding
- Ignoring signs, signals, or traffic lights
- Failing to yield
- Improper turns or lane changes
- Driving recklessly or aggressively
- Driving while impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Driving while distracted
We could show their actions caused your accident and link your injuries and damages to the collision. If we do this, we could potentiallysecure financial recovery in your case.
Compiling Evidence and Crafting a Strategy
Our injury team knows how to gather and analyze the evidence necessary to develop an argument to support your claim. This could include:
- Obtaining documents, police reports, and medical records
- Interviewing witnesses and obtaining their video or photo evidence
- Surveying the scene, including road conditions and debris
- Obtaining security or traffic camera video of the collision
- Hiring accident reconstruction specialists to analyze the wreck
- Identifying expert witnesses, if necessary, including doctors and financial experts
- Documenting your expenses and losses, including out-of-pocket costs
This information has a twofold purpose: tying negligence to your injuries and helping identify areas for financial recovery.
Major Motorcycle Injuries and Their Consequences
The biggest difference between motorcycle accident cases and other traffic accidents is the severity of injuries. Motorcyclists are much more likely to have devastating, life-altering injuries, especially older riders, according to the Insurance Information Institute (III).
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, our motorcycle accident attorneys in San Antonio understand the financial and emotional costs associated with injuries such as:
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs), including paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Lost limbs
- Burns and scarring
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
- Disfigurement and disability
Because personal and financial losses are often much higher in these types of crashes, we work to make sure the liable parties acknowledge the reality of what you suffered. We may fight for them to consider long-term expenses or provide vital mental health support as you cope with your injuries.
To learn more about our services based on the specific details of your accident, connect with us today for your complimentary case evaluation.
When Should I Call a Motorcycle Lawyer about My San Antonio Accident?
You must meet deadlines to file a lawsuit against the driver who caused your collision. In general, Texas law gives motorcycle injury victims up to two years to begin their civil case against the at-fault driver.
Note that this deadline applies to filing the initial paperwork to begin a lawsuit. This means that we would need to take several steps before the timeline expires. This includes:
- Investigating the collision
- Identifying the liable party or parties
- Allowing you to reach your maximum medical improvement (MMI)
- Filing an insurance claim
- Seeking a negotiated settlement
- Preparing paperwork to begin a lawsuit, if necessary
Each of these steps takes time. We recommend that you get started on your motorcycle accident case as quickly as possible. Reach out to connect with our team for a complimentary evaluation as soon as your injuries allow.
If your loved one has catastrophic injuries and cannot contact us on their own, we will discuss your family’s legal options with you during this time.
Speak to a Team Member Serving San Antonio about Your Motorcycle Accident
The motorcycle wreck lawyers in San Antonio from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, can help. Our team offers free case evaluations for victims of these collisions. If you were hurt in a motorcycle accident, you may have a case against the other driver.
Let our team evaluate your case for free today. Call to speak with us about your case now.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Should You Do If Your Uber or Lyft Driver Gets in an Accident in Texas?
- The Woodlands Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer
- Do Insurance Companies Pay For Pain And Suffering?
- Do You Need a Car Accident Attorney to Recover Money for Property Damage?
- What Is the Value of a Spinal Cord Injury Case in Texas?