Large trucks are common on the road, especially in busy areas like San Antonio, that serve as throughways for the transportation of goods around the United States. While we all rely on these types of vehicles for their function as an integral part of our national infrastructure, they can also be quite dangerous.
Trucks can cause particularly devastating accidents that can cause a great deal of loss and suffering and can even be fatal. If you were in a truck accident, you could be entitled to financial recovery. Our truck accident lawyer in San Antonio can help you determine your legal options.
Hiring a Lawyer in Your San Antonio Truck Accident Lawyer Case
If you are thinking about filing a claim, hiring a lawyer to represent you could make sense. Our lawyer could help in several ways. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist with filling out and filing important legal documents that can save you time and stress throughout the process of filing your claim
- Tracking important legal deadlines to help your case move through the pipeline in a timely manner
- Available to answer your questions about your claim
- Help you determine the possible outcomes of your case, including a potential award, allowing you to plan for the road ahead
- Offer general support and guidance, giving you peace of mind that a team of professionals is by your side
- Strengthen your case legally by putting together the details in a manner that proves third-party liability in the court of law
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®
When you are searching for a lawyer to represent you in your case, finding the right team can make or break your claim and could directly impact your future. Many truck accident victims are looking for a lawyer with experience in truck accident cases, a history of winning, a focus on each and every client, and availability when questions and needs come about.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, is dedicated to helping our clients. Our testimonials show that client satisfaction is important to us. We have recovered millions in damages for clients like you.
If you are looking for a legal team serving San Antonio consider the experienced team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®.
Possible Recovery After San Antonio Accident
A truck accident can completely change your life. You could be suffering emotionally, financially, and physically. Financial recovery is generally awarded as a means to compensate for the losses you are unfairly experiencing. Potential recovery in your case could come in one or more of the following forms:
- Reimbursement for medical expenses, including prescriptions, visits to your doctors or specialists, rehabilitation, surgical expenses, and more
- Reimbursement for legal fees
- Damages for emotional suffering or trauma you experienced that could result in needing professional help
- Recovery of lost income if your accident made you miss the opportunity to earn income
- Damage to your vehicle or other forms of lost property of value
- According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), nearly 40,000 people in the U.S. lost their lives in traffic accidents in 2020 alone. If you lost a loved one in a San Antonio truck accident, you could receive recovery in a wrongful death action.
If you are awarded recovery in a successful claim, you could have to decide how you would like to receive payments. Generally, there are two different types of payment structures, lump-sum payments and smaller installments over time.
Lump-sum payments are single sums of money you would receive at once, with no further scheduled payments. Sometimes, a lump-sum award is less in total than other payment structures. But the advantage is you would receive everything up front and right away. Smaller installments can exceed lump-sum payments in total, but they are made over the course of a pre-determined schedule. This can be beneficial if you are trying to budget over time.
There is no right or wrong way to receive financial awards. The structure for you could depend on your immediate financial needs and plans. It could be helpful to discuss your situation with a financial professional before deciding on the structure that makes the most sense for you and your loved ones.
Establishing Liability in a San Antonio Truck Accident
Establishing liability is important and could be an essential part of winning your case. Examples of liability could include driving under the influence of alcohol, speeding, reckless driving, distracted driving, improperly loaded cargo, driver fatigue, and much more.
A San Antonio truck accident lawyer can help you determine the strength of your claim based on the specifics of your accident and who may have been at fault.
Texas Statute of Limitations Govern Texas Truck Accident Injury Cases
While you could be mulling over your options and considering whether or not to file a claim, the reality is that you do not have forever to take action. The statute of limitations refers to the window you have to file a claim following your truck accident, and this varies by state law. In Texas, you have two years from the time of your accident to file a claim.
This may seem like a broad window, but the clock is ticking for your chance to pursue justice. It could be in your interest to speak with a San Antonio truck accident lawyer before it is too late.
Contact Our Team About a San Antonio Truck Accident Today
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® is available to help you determine your legal options. Contact us for your free consultation while you still have time to take action.
You deserve justice. Do not miss out on your chance to file a claim and put this difficult chapter in the rear-view mirror.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What If I’m Injured in A Rental Car Accident in Houston?
- Will My Health Insurance Cover Me In A Motorcycle Accidents?
- Can I Sue the Mechanic of an Auto Repair Shop for Negligence?
- Does Insurance Cover Car Accidents Caused By Icy Roads?
- How Can D. Miller and Associates, PLLC Help Me With My USC Sexual Abuse Lawsuit?