FM 160 is one of the most congested roads near Spring and in all of Texas. So, it is not surprising if a truck accident occurs there. However, that doesn’t mean that it is acceptable.
Were you injured in an 18-wheeler or semi truck accident? A Spring 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can help you seek financial recovery. You may be able to hold the responsible party accountable for your damages.
Possible Negligent Parties in A Spring, Texas Truck Collision
It may appear that the truck driver was at fault for the semi truck accident. If that is the case, their employer will be responsible for your damages due to a principle called vicarious liability. Still, other parties might have been negligent.
- The truck driver’s employer: If they were negligent in their hiring, training, safety practices
- The parts manufacturer: If they designed, produced, and/or manufactured a defective part for the truck
- A mechanic: If they installed a part improperly or failed to detect a mechanical issue with the vehicle
- The cargo company: If they loaded too much cargo or failed to load it properly onto the truck
- A city government agency: If they poorly designed the road or did not promptly address a road hazard
To prove their negligence, we would need to apply the following four tenets:
- Duty of care: The other party was to abide by all the road rules to keep you safe.
- Breach of duty: They failed to live up to this standard (e.g., drunk driving, not enforcing Hours of Service regulations, etc.).
- Causation: This carelessness led to an accident.
- Damages: You suffered the financial and non-financial consequences of this accident.
Recovering Damages in An 18-wheeler And Semi Truck Accident
Different factors influence the financial recovery you could receive in your claim or lawsuit. Some of which might be:
- The trucking company that was involved
- Their insurance policy
- How serious your injuries are
- How long you are expected to recover from your injuries
- The effect the accident has had on your quality of life and work
- Your overall financial state
If you qualify to file a case, you could be awarded both economic and non-economic damages, including:
- Past and expected medical costs: For emergency services, pain medications, physical therapy, blood and other lab work, doctor’s appointments, etc.
- Property damage: If your vehicle sustained damage or was destroyed in the accident
- Lost income: If your injuries impede your ability to go to work
- Reduced earning ability: If you must resort to taking a job that has lower pay or can’t go back to work at all
- Pain and suffering: For the pain and discomfort your injuries have caused
- Mental anguish: For any anxiety, insomnia, or other mental health issues that have stemmed from the accident
Our Lawyers Serving Spring Will Get To Work For You After A Truck Accident
Don’t feel like you have to manage your injury case on your own. Our team has a process for pursuing your 18-wheeler and semi truck claim. It involves:
- Collecting all expenses, including medical bills, property loss, car repair or rental costs, and other related losses
- Gathering evidence regarding the accident from police reports, witness statements, available photographs or videos, and your personal notes about the accident
- Conducting a background check on the truck driver and trucking company, including truck and rig maintenance records, driver’s logs, and the company’s safety and training procedures
- Dealing with communications with the parties involved, whether that be via phone call, email, or letters
- Negotiating with the insurance company until we can agree on a settlement that covers your losses
The truck company and their insurance provider will do all they can to avoid accountability. Do not discuss the accident with anyone except your attorney. Abstaining from talking about it includes social media as well. Any statements you make about the accident, your potential role, or other aspects could jeopardize your claim.
How Long You Have To Take Legal Action After An 18-wheeler Or Semi Truck Accident
If the insurance company doesn’t offer you a sufficient financial recovery, we will file a lawsuit. Usually, the case doesn’t make it to court, because that’s the last thing insurance companies want to do. Either way, your lawyer must act quickly.
Per Texas law, those filing for personal injury and wrongful death generally have two years to sue. If our firm can’t make the deadline, the Texas court will likely throw out your case. Should that happen, the liable party will no longer be responsible for paying your damages.
If you let our lawyers know about your case soon enough, we can see which deadline applies to you and abide by it.
What It’s Like To Team Up With with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™
Our truck accident attorneys are committed to getting you the recovery you need to get better physically, emotionally, and financially. Any time you have a question about the legal process or a concern about your case, we want to hear from you right away. Our team prides itself on being hands-on with our clients.
Past clients have appreciated this approach. This is what they said about working with us:
- “Great firm. [T]hey follow up on everything and they make sure you are comfortable and that everything is correct with your claim. I would highly recommend.” – Kiana S.
- “They took the time to talk to me and get all of the details regarding my case. Very friendly and super attentive!” – Keith J.
- “5 out 5 very great communication and very helpful.” -Johnathan T.
Our Spring team is ready to hear what happened to you so we can get to work.
Connect With D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ Today for A Case Evaluation
Contact our team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™. Call (713) 850-8600 to learn more about how an 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer at our firm serving Spring, TX, can help with your case.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I Sue for Pregnancy Complications Following a Car Accident?
- How Do Personal Injury Lawyers Get Their Attorneys’ Fees in Texas?
- What Happens If Your Personal Injury Case Settles?
- What Do I Do If I Was a Victim of George Tyndall at USC?
- How Can D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Help Me With My UCLA Sexual Abuse Lawsuit?