Buses can weigh up to 44,000 pounds. That is why bus accident injuries can have disastrous consequences. If you were hurt in a bus accident by the negligent actions of another, you can seek recovery for your losses.
Nothing can remove the trauma of the collision, but a bus accident lawyer in Spring, TX can seek damages for your medical bills and pain and suffering. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
If You Were Hurt in a Bus Accident, We Can Help
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), 35,000 people were injured in bus accidents in 2016. Our bus accident lawyers in Spring represent any injured person including:
- Bus driver and passengers
- Motorists (both driver and passenger)
We Can Determine if You Have a Case
Texas allows injured people to seek recovery for damages if someone’s negligence caused their injuries. Even if you played a small role in the collision, you could still make a claimfor expenses such as medical bills and property damage. The easiest way to find out if you can recover damages is to talk to a bus accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC. For a free, no-obligation case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
Understanding What Kind of Expenses You Could Recover
Who pays your medical bills? How do you replace a wrecked car? We know that you have questions. We also know that you might be recuperating from your injuries. A bus accident lawyer in Spring, TX can answer these questions and protect your rights. If we prove that someone else is to blame for the accident, you can seek a recovery for your losses.
Economic and Noneconomic Damages
You can pursue compensation for both economic and noneconomic damages. Economic damages include medical bills, car replacement, and similar expenses. Pain and suffering, loss of companionship, and mental anguish are types of noneconomic damages.
Because seeking compensation is a civil action, the burden of proof is on you, the plaintiff, to show how you have been hurt. This can seem overwhelmingly to most people.
Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation. Our attorneys have recovered compensation for many injured and disabled clients for damages including:
- Medical bills (ambulance, emergency room, hospitalization, doctor visits, and other related losses)
- Lost pay
- Property damage
- Car rental or reimbursement for transportation
- Ongoing treatment
- Lifecare services for catastrophic injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Loss of companionship or consortium
Our Bus Accident LawyersHandle Your Case While You Heal
You might still be in the hospital or at home healing from your injuries. A bus accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will take care of the details so you can concentrate on feeling better. It is also important to avoid talking to the other party’s insurance adjuster because any statement you make could delay or jeopardize your claim.
Sometimes, people have misconceptions about hiring a lawyer. Here is what you can expect from our firm:
- It is affordable because we only work on a contingency fee basis. You do not pay attorney fees unless and until we are successful.
- You will be kept informed about your case by an attorney with experience in these matters.
- All communication between you and your lawyer is confidential and secure.
You deserve to know if you qualify for compensation. Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC have recovered compensation for clients so that they can move past the accident. We will work hard for you, too. For a free case evaluation with bus accident lawyers in Spring, please call (713) 850-8600.
How Our Recovery Process Works
A bus accident lawyerunderstands the complexities of liability and negligence laws. For example, there may be more than one liable party. If your accident involved a commercial bus, we will determine if the bus company can be held accountable along with the bus driver.
We Determine Liability Based Upon the People Involved
The person at-fault is called the defendant; as the injured person filing a claim, you are the plaintiff.
- Direct liability is a direct claim against the defendant for causing bodily injury and property damage to the plaintiff.
- Vicarious liability and respondeat superiorassigns liability to an individual (or group) who did not cause theinjury or damage first-hand, but who has a superior relationship with the defendant.
Our process to seek compensation includes a thorough review and evaluation of:
- Police and accident reports
- Witness statements
- Medical treatments and prognosis
- Photographs of the accident and involved vehicles
- Closed-circuit or traffic light footage if available
- Driver’s history and bus company safety and maintenance records (if applicable)
To find out if you have a case, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation. Call (713) 850-8600.
You Have a Limited Amount of Time to File a Claim or Lawsuit
Texas has a statute of limitations of two years from the accident in which you can file an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit. We pursue the at-fault party’s insurance coverage before considering a lawsuit. You typically receive an insurance settlement faster than a verdict. There are also other considerations such as court costs and the stress of a trial. However, we have been successful incourt.
According to the FMCSA, there were 16,000 bus accidents with injuries in 2016. If you were recently injured in a bus accident, call our bus accident lawyers in Spring, TX at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do I Get A Police Report For A Car Accident In Houston?
- What Can You Recover for a Wrongful Death From a Truck Accident in Texas?
- How Long Do I Have to Report a Car Accident to Insurance in Texas?
- How do You Respond to a Low Personal Injury Settlement Offer?
- What Happens If You Were Breaking a Texas Bicycle Law During Your Accident Injury?