If you were in a car accident caused by a drunk driver, you may be able to make a claim for the recovery of expenses such as medical bills and lost wages. A drunk driving (DWI) accident and injury lawyer in Spring, TX from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will help you on a contingency fee basis. For a free case evaluation, call 713-850-8600 today.
When to Call a Drunk Driving Accident and Injury Lawyer in Spring
You may have been taken by ambulance to the hospital after your accident. If not, you should see a healthcare professional right away. Even if you feel fine, only a medical professional can accurately assess your condition. In many cases, the adrenaline you feel after an accident can hide the symptoms of your injuries.
Not all injuries are not physical. There is often mental trauma associated with drunk driving accidents. Both physical and psychological injuries need to be documented and treated.
Do Not Let the Clock Run Out on Potential Compensation
After you have seen a doctor or other healthcare provider, call a car accident attorney who accepts drunk driving accident and injury cases. Texas limits the time to file an insurance claim and a lawsuit. You have two years from the date of the accident to pursue a claim. Most drunk driving accident lawsuits involve an insurance claim. It takes time and expertise to communicate the insurance adjuster. That is why you should call us today at 713-850-8600.
Injuries Can Be Severe in a Drunk Driving Accident
- Miller & Associates, PLLC limits our practice to injured and disabled people who were hurt because of someone else’s negligence. That is why we vigorously protect your rights as a drunk driving accident victim. We have seen the tragic results of these kinds of collisions, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken, fractured, or splintered bones
- Spinal injuries
- Partial or total disability
In some cases, injuries can be fatal.
You might find your injuries in this list, or you could have been spared a catastrophic injury. Even minor injuries, however, can cost you thousands of dollars in medical bills, lost pay. We believe that you should pursue a claim for these damages. Our team of drunk driving accident and injury lawyers, investigators, and other legal professionals are here to help.
You Should Not Have to Pay for The Other Driver’s Negligence
If you suffered injuries because a drunk driver got behind the wheel, a DWI accident and injury lawyers in Spring, TX, we will protect your rights. An injury lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will:
- Conduct a thorough review of your accident
- Review police reports and witness statements
- Gather all expenses including medical bills, lost wages, and property damage
- Submit a detailed demand
- Negotiate with the insurance adjuster
- Take your case to court if we cannot reach a fair settlement
How to Determine Who Is Liable in a Drunk Driving Accident
Four key aspects determine if you are eligible for compensation:
- Duty of care means the defendant (the drunk driver) had a duty of care to avoid harm to the plaintiff (you).
- Negligence exists because the defendant breached this duty of care.
- Causation means that the defendant’s negligence caused injuries to the plaintiff.
- Damages are the physical, mental, and financial costs from accident-related injuries.
Proving negligence in a drunk driving accident case can be easy. Driving under the influence is negligence per se in Texas. Negligence per se means that the defendant violated a law “meant to protect the public” (e.g., a law that prohibits drivers from operating a vehicle under the influence).
Once we have established negligence per se, we must prove that the accident and your injuries occurred because of the other driver’s intoxication. We will investigate your accident and will gather the necessaryevidence.
Our Drunk Driving Accident and Injury Lawyers Will Negotiate for You
Typically, an attorney from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will file a claim against the drunk driver’s insurance company. One thing to remember is that the insurance company does not have your best interest in mind. We do. For your free case evaluation, please call 713-850-8600.
We Are Drunk Driving Accident and Injury Lawyers Who Get Results
Since 2002, injured people in Spring and throughout Texas have turned to our lawyers for help. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is committed to providing compassionate legal services with personal attention to each client.
No Recovery, No Fee
There is no cost for a case evaluation. If you were injured in a drunk driving accident in Spring, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation with a DWI accident and injury lawyer in Spring, TX.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Texas Have a Statute Of Limitations For Personal Injury Claims?
- What Do I Do If I Was a Victim of Sexual Assault While in College?
- What Is The Average Settlement For A Car Accident?
- Can I Sue My Employer If I Am Injured at Work?
- What Are the Downsides of Not Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Case?