Are you suffering from injuries that occurred on someone’s property? Property owners must keep their guests and visitors safe at their home or business. Premises liability lawyers in Spring, TX can help people injured by a careless or negligent property owner.
We Accept Many Kinds of Premises Liability Cases
Premises liability is the legal term for a property owner’s responsibility to keep his premises safe from hazardous conditions. This liability also includes property defects and insufficient security.D. Miller & Associates, PLLC accepts all types of premises liability cases, including:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites and other animal attacks
- Falling objects
- Burns or electric shock
How Reasonable Care Is a Factor in a Premises Liability Case
Texas requires that property owners and occupants take reasonable care when they invite or allow visitors to their home or business. If a property owner is made aware of a potential hazard but does not remedy the situation, he or she can be liable for your injuries. A premises liability lawyer in Spring, TX will show how the property owner was negligent and did not exercise reasonable care.
Here a few examples of negligence by a property owner:
- A store owner knows about a loose handrail but does not repair it.
- A landlord does not notify renters about a potential fire hazard.
- A dog is not kept securely within a backyard and bites someone.
- A strip mall does not replace burned out security lights in the parking lot.
You may be eligible for compensation if a property owner did not keep a safe environment for you to live, shop, or visit. Many times, our premises liability lawyers can recover for your injuries and damages through the property owner’s insurance. If a resolution that is fair to you can’t be reached, we could file a lawsuit.
Please keep in mind that Texas has a two-year statute of limitations for premises liability lawsuits. That is why you should contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation. Call (713) 850-8600 to find out if you qualify for compensation.
Our Premises Liability Lawyers in Spring Determine Who Is Liable
Premises liability cases can be complex. That is why you should contact a lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC. We can evaluate your case to see if you could recover for your injuries and damages. For your claim, a premises liability lawyer from our firm will show:
- The property owner should have known about the hazard or acted within a reasonable time to repair it.
- You were injured.
- You now have medical bills, lost wages, and other financial damages.
Our personal injury law firm has the resources to investigate a premises liability injury. Our goal is to present a detailed claim to the property owner’s insurance company to maximize your recovery. A lawyer from our firm will:
- Get pictures of the accident site, your injuries, damaged property, and other evidence of negligence.
- Make copies of your medical bills and talk to your doctor.
- Talk to witnesses.
- Review relevant building codes, statutes, and other documents for violation.
You Are Entitled to a Safe Environment
A property owner has the legal obligation to make the premises safe from dangerous and hazardous conditions. This protection applies to people whom the property owner invites or allows. Most people who can be on the property owner’s land or in a home or business are licensees or invitees. Here is an example of each:
- A licensee is usually someone who is there for his or her own purpose, such as a landscaper or meter reader.
- An invitee is a person invited by the property owner, such as a party guest or a shopper entering a store.
- A trespasser is an unlawful or uninvited person, such as a burglar.
- Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you recover compensation if you qualify. For a free case evaluation, please call (713) 850-8600.
Once Liability Is Established, We Seek Compensation for Damages
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC have recovered for our clients’ injuries/damages. While past results do not guarantee your outcome, we will vigorously pursue compensation that you could be entitled to receive. We believe that you should not have to suffer twice for a property owner’s negligence. Our lawyers will look to:
- Medical bills
- Ongoing treatment or lifecare expenses due to the accident
- Lost pay
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Wrongful death
If you are recuperating from injuries at home or in the hospital, you should be able to concentrate on feeling better. Let us help you with the insurance company. You pay no attorney fees unless and unless we are successful. For a free case evaluation from premises liability lawyers in Spring, TX, call (713) 850-8600.
Special Consideration for Children Injured by Property Owner Negligence
There is an important exception for liability when it comes to children. This is known as an “attractive nuisance” doctrine. The property owner is liable for accidents that occur from swimming pools and other features that catch the eye of a passing youngster. Children of a tender age are too young to understand the risk and legality of trespassing. If your young child was injured under these circumstances, please contact our firm.
If You Want to Know Your Legal Options, Call Us
A premises liability lawyer in Spring, TX can find out if you qualify for compensation for injuries caused by a property owner’s negligence. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.