A slip and fall accident can happen at any time, and to anyone, anywhere. If you suffered injuries in a slip and fall accident, someone’s negligence was likely the cause. You could be entitled to compensation for your injuries and damages.
We Handle Many Types of Slip and Fall Cases
Our slip and fall lawyers in Spring can help you. The location of your fall does not matter the most common we see occur in:
- The workplace
- Stores, restaurants, and other businesses open to the public
- Private homes and businesses
When to Call a Slip and Fall Lawyer in Spring
It is important to contact a slip and fall lawyer in Spring, TX as soon as possible for several reasons. These include:
- The statute of limitations limits your time.
- Accident sites can be altered or repaired.
- Witnesses may be unavailable.
- You need to pay medical bills and other expenses.
- D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is a plaintiffs’ firm. This means that we limit our practice to help injured and disabled people. Our injury lawyers will work to recover compensation if you are eligible. Please call our firm at 713-850-8600 for your free case evaluation.
We Get to Work Right Away on Your Claim
Texas has a two-year statute of limitations on slip and fall claims. This means the clock starts the moment that you fell. It is our experience that the at-fault’s insurance company may try to delay paying your claim. We have the resources and experience necessary for these cases.
Common Injuries of Slip and Fall Accidents
Your first action after a slip, trip, or fall is to see a healthcare professional. You will want to document injuries or conditions that affect your physical, mental, or financial well-being. Fall-related injuries can range from a broken leg to traumatic brain injury, disability, and even loss of life. Here are some typical injuries from a slip and fall accident:
- Neck and back pain including broken or slipped discs in the lower neck and spine.
- Fractured and broken bones in arms, wrists, hands, legs, or feet from bracing against the fall.
- Torn tendons and ligaments.
- Cracked or broken pelvis or hip.
- Concussions from mild to traumatic brain injuries
Learn if you could recover damages from these and other fall-related injuries. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation at 713-850-8600.
Avoid Speaking with the Insurance Company
We understand that you have been through an ordeal. It can be even more stressful if you need to deal with the at-fault party’s insurance adjuster, too. It may also jeopardize your chances for recovery if you make a statement about the accident. That is why we recommend that you let us handle all communications.
Our Slip and Fall Lawyers in Spring Will Pursue Compensation for Damages
Damages in a slip and fall insurance claim or lawsuit refer to physical, mental, and financial losses. There are two kinds of damages that a qualified plaintiff (the injured person) commonly recovers:
- Compensatory damages are tangible expenses that include medical bills, property repair or replacement, and lost income.
- General damages are less specific and can include pain and suffering, loss of companionship, and reduced earning ability because of the accident.
You could qualify to recover compensatory or general damages or both. To find out how a slip and fall lawyer in Spring can help, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free, no-obligation case evaluation at 713-850-8600.
Our First Action Is Determining What Happened
We need to find out what happened to you before, during, and after your slip and fall accident. This is critical information to decide who caused your accident. In some cases, there could be more than one person or party. That is why we recommend the following steps for your free case evaluation:
- Write a detailed account of the slip and fall accident. Be sure to include details such as what made you slip – for example, a garden hose, wet floor, or broken step – and what you were doing at the time.
- Bring copies of your medical bills and any diagnosis or doctor notes.
- Bring any communication you have from the insurance company.
- If you have witness statements, or their names and phone numbers, be sure to bring them.
We usually try to recover compensation from the insurance company before filing a lawsuit. Often, an insurance settlement that is acceptable to both parties is the best outcome. You usually receive compensation faster, and the at-fault party avoids a lawsuit. Each situation is different, so call 713-850-8600 for your free case evaluation.
Our Team Can Help You If You Were Hurt on the Job, Too
Slip and falls are all common in the workplace. Our slip and fall lawyers understand workplace safety and liability issues. We can help you recover compensation for lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses if you qualify.