If you were hurt in a large truck accident in Spring, TX, it is possible you could recover compensation for expenses such as lost income, medical bills, and pain and suffering. Similarly, if a loved one passed away because of this collision, you and other surviving family members might be entitled to file a claim against the liable party. A truck accident lawyer in Spring, TX at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help.
Call 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Compensation You Can Recover in a Truck Accident Claim
A truck accident lawyer in Spring, TX can determine whether you are entitled to pursue compensation for damages, including:
- Ambulance and emergency department services
- Doctor’s visits
- Tests and lab work
- Car repair, rental, or replacement
- Private property damage
- Lost income
- Ongoing treatment or therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Potential Liable Parties in a Spring Truck Accident
There are several potential liable parties in a truck accident. They might include:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- A manufacturer
- A maintenance company
- Another driver
Our team will investigate your accident to determine your liable party(s).
We Can Help You with Your Spring Truck Accident Case
In most truck accident cases, we begin recovery efforts with a claim against the truck driver’s insurance company. Most commercial trucking firms must keep insurance coverage in case there is an accident. Of course, the truck driver or company may deny responsibility for the accident. That is when our legal team and resources will protect your rights with steps that might include:
- Reviewing police reports, witness statements, and other evidence related to the accident.
- Analyzing photos from the accident site or taking photographs and/or video if needed.
- Requesting the truck driver’s safety, training, maintenance, and driving records.
- Talking to your healthcare provider about your injuries and prognosis.
Pursuing compensation for your expenses begins with a free case evaluation. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600. There is no cost or obligation.
Why You Should Not Represent Yourself in a Claim or Lawsuit
Hiring a truck accident lawyer to represent you to the insurance company or in a courtroom is your legal right. Most people do not have the legal knowledge or experience to handle an injury case. You could unknowingly jeopardize your right to recover compensation.
There are other benefits of having a truck accident lawyer in Spring, TX help you:
- You may not be feeling well enough to spend the time and energy necessary to navigate the claims process.
- Our firm does get any attorney fees unless you recover compensation.
- The truck company and/or the insurance company will probably have a lawyer representing them; you should, as well
- Texas limits the time to file a truck accident lawsuit to two years after the accident. Our attorneys will help you meet the necessary deadlines.
We invite you to call for a free case evaluation. Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped injured and disabled people after a serious accident or illness. We can help you, too. For a free case evaluation, please call 713-850-8600.
We Accept Most Truck Accident Cases
Commercial trucks are bigger and bulkier than a passenger car that weighs about 4,000 pounds. A car accident involving a heavy truck will have severe injuries and a higher risk of fatalities. Our team can handle any of the following types of truck accidents:
- Truck accidents involving 18-wheelers or semi-trucks
- Truck accidents involving motorcycles
- Truck accidents involving cars
- Truck accidents involving cyclists
- Truck accidents involving pedestrians
- Truck accidents involving intoxicated, distracted, or fatigued drivers
We Also Help Surviving Family Members Who Lost a Loved One in the Accident
The injury lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC also handle wrongful death claims if a loved one passed away because of the truck accident. These claims typically are filed on behalf of the surviving spouse, parent, or child. A truck accident lawyer from our firm can explain what is necessary to file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. Please call 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
What You Can Recover in a Wrongful Death Claim or Lawsuit Resulting from a Truck Accident
We understand that no amount of money can begin to cover your loss. However, the passing of your loved one can affect your ability to pay medical bills, rent, and other necessary living expenses. The amount of damages that you could receive are typically determined by expenses such as:
- Medical bills for your loved one until they passed away
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lost wages and benefits
- Property damage and related expenses
- Pain and suffering of your loved one
- Mental anguish
- Loss of your loved one’s companionship, care, experience, judgment, and protection
If the accident was caused by unlawful or malicious intent, criminal charges could be filed against the truck driver. You have the right to pursue compensation regardless of any criminal case or conviction.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a Free Case Evaluation
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a truck accident in Spring, TX, please call 713-850-8600 to see how a truck accident lawyer in Spring can help with your case.