Locals in Spring using I-45 and the Hardy Toll Road know that traffic in the Houston area can lead to dangerous accidents, including truck accidents. If you were hurt or lost a loved one in a large truck accident in Spring, TX, it is possible you could recover losses such as lost income, medical bills, and pain and suffering.
One of our truck accident lawyers serving Spring at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, can help you file a claim or lawsuit to seek the settlement or award you deserve. Our injury lawyers know the Harris County area and will put our knowledge and experience to work for your accident case.
Forms Of Financial Recovery in A Texas Truck Accident Claim
After a collision with a semi-truck or other large commercial truck, you could be facing devastating injuries and other losses.
One of our truck accident lawyers can determine whether you are entitled to pursue a recovery for damages, including:
Past, Present, And Future Medical Bills
Your injuries might have called for you to undergo:
- Ambulance and emergency department services
- Doctor’s visits
- Tests and lab work
- Medical devices
- Ongoing treatment or therapy
Your property loss might have included:
- Car repair, rental, or replacement
- Private property damage
The aftermath of a truck accident can impact your work ability, as well. For example, you might have:
- Lost income for missed paychecks
- Reduced earning capacity, if you’re unable to work as you did before the accident
Truck accidents can take a toll on your physically and emotionally, so you may be able to recover awards for:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
We Also Help Surviving Family Members Who Lost A Loved One in The Accident
The injury lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, also handle wrongful death claims if a loved one passed away because of the truck accident. These claims typically are filed on behalf of the surviving spouse, parent, or child. A truck accident lawyer from our firm can explain what is necessary to file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit.
What You Can Recover in A Wrongful Death Claim Or Lawsuit After A Truck Accident
We understand that no financial amount can begin to cover your loss. However, the passing of your loved one can affect your ability to pay medical bills, rent, and other necessary living expenses. The amount of damages that you could receive is typically determined by expenses such as:
- Medical bills for your loved one until they passed away
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lost wages and benefits
- Property damage and related expenses
- Pain and suffering of your loved one
- Mental anguish
- Loss of your loved one’s companionship, care, experience, judgment, and protection
If the accident was caused by unlawful or malicious intent, criminal charges could be filed against the truck driver. You have the right to pursue financial recovery regardless of any criminal case or conviction.
Our Attorneys Can Help You With Your Spring Truck Accident Case
In most truck accident cases, we begin recovery efforts with a claim against the truck driver’s insurance company. Most commercial trucking firms must keep insurance coverage in case there is an accident. Of course, the truck driver or company may deny responsibility for the accident.
That is when our legal team will protect your rights with steps that might include:
- Reviewing police reports, witness statements, and other evidence related to the accident
- Analyzing photos from the accident site or taking photographs and/or video if needed
- Requesting the truck driver’s safety, training, maintenance, and driving records
- Talking to your healthcare provider about your injuries and prognosis
- Negotiating for a full and fair settlement on your behalf
- Litigating your case at trial, if we cannot reach a fair settlement
Why Work With D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™?
When you make the choice to work with a law firm, you want to know you’re going to be supported throughout the process of your entire case. When you work with our team, we promise to do that and more.
- Our team can help you get the medical care you need, if you require assistance.
- We promise to get your questions answered promptly and clearly.
- If you can’t travel to us, we will meet you in the hospital, at home, or another location.
Our Team’s Recognitions
Take a look at some of our accomplishments:
- We are proud to be among the nation’s Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
- We have been recognized for our team’s experience and talents by Super Lawyers and the American Board of Trial Advocates.
- We were featured in TheNew York Times, the Los Angeles Times, The Washington Post, and other major media.
Past Client Testimonials
Awards may signal what other lawyers see in our firm, but we work hard to produce results where it matters: with our clients.
Some of our past clients in Hidalgo County and elsewhere across Texas have had these comments to offer about their experience:
- “Highly satisfied with my experience. Natalie and staff are professional and do everything in their hands to accommodate to everyone’s needs. They genuinely care about their clients. I certainly don’t hesitate to recommend her to anyone I know. Thank you for all you do!” -Norma G.
- “I have been represented by D. Miller for almost a year and I have nothing but positive things to say. The people there are always friendly and do their best to answer any questions to the best of their ability. I would strongly recommend this firm for any of your personal injury or any other claims you may have.” -Wayne P.
Why It Can Be Challenging To Represent Yourself in A Claim Or Lawsuit
Hiring a truck accident lawyer to represent you to the insurance company or in a courtroom is your legal right. Most people do not have the legal knowledge or experience to handle an injury case. You could unknowingly jeopardize your right to recover damages.
There are other benefits of having a truck accident lawyer help you:
- You may not be feeling well enough to spend the time and energy necessary to navigate the claims process.
- The truck company and/or the insurance company will probably have a lawyer representing them; you should, as well.
- Texas limits the time to file a truck accident lawsuit to two years after the accident, per Texas law. Our attorneys will help you meet the necessary deadlines.
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, has helped injured and disabled people after a serious accident or illness. We can help you, too.
Our Injury Lawyers Accept Most Truck Accident Cases
Commercial trucks are bigger and bulkier than a passenger car that weighs about 4,000 pounds. A car accident involving a heavy truck will have severe injuries and a higher risk of fatalities.
Our team can handle any of the following types of truck accidents:
- Truck accidents involving 18-wheelers or semi-trucks
- Truck accidents involving motorcycles
- Truck accidents involving cars
- Truck accidents involving cyclists
- Truck accidents involving pedestrians
- Truck accidents involving intoxicated, distracted, or fatigued drivers
Potentially Liable Parties in Your Truck Accident Include The Trucking Company
Liability is one of the most complicated aspects of any truck accident case, as there are typically several potentially liable parties. They might include:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- A manufacturer
- A maintenance company
- Another driver
Our team will investigate your accident to determine the liable party or parties. We will be sure to pursue the appropriate entity and hold them responsible for your damages.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, for A Case Evaluation Today
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a truck accident in Spring, TX, call (713) 850-8600 to see how one of our truck accident lawyers can help with your case.