If your family member passed away because of another person’s intentional or careless behavior, you could recover compensation for lost income, funeral expenses, and other losses. A wrongful death lawyer in Spring, TX from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can file an insurance claim for you during this challenging time. Please call 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Understanding a Wrongful Death Claim
Losing a loved one due to someone’s negligent behavior is traumatic for surviving family members. It can also place a financial burden if your loved one contributed to your family’s income. We know that no settlement can replace a loved one’s presence, but there is also the reality of medical bills, burial costs, and loss of income. A wrongful death lawyer in Spring, TX at our firm will evaluate your case to determine if you qualify to recover damages.
We Handle Many Kinds of Wrongful Death Cases
A wrongful death in Texas is defined as any loss of life that is the result of “wrongful act, neglect, carelessness, unskillfulness, or default.” D. Miller & Associates, PLLC accepts many types of wrongful death cases including:
- Motor vehicle accidents including car, 18-wheeler, truck, bus, motorcycle, bicycle, and moped collisions
- Pedestrian accidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Medical malpractice
- Defective medical parts or prescription drugs
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bite and animal attacks
- Workplace accidents
- Uber & Lyft accidents
If a loved one passed away because of negligence by another person or party, you could be entitled to recover compensation. To learn more, please call 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Our Wrongful Death Lawyers Will Pursue Compensation on a Contingency Fee Basis
You should not have to deal with an insurance company adjuster right now. A wrongful death lawyer in Spring, TX from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will help you recover potential compensation. Our injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis – you pay no attorney fees unless and until we recover compensation. For a free, no-obligation consultation, call 713-850-8600.
Our first action is to determine if you are eligible for compensation for a loved one’s passing. A wrongful death lawyer will evaluate the circumstances around your loved one’s passing to show liability by:
- Establishing that the other party owed your loved one a duty of care, such as acting legally and responsibly to avoid the circumstances that led to a loss of life.
- Demonstrating that the other party breached this duty of care either through negligence, intent, or default.
- Proving that this negligence led to your loved one’s passing.
- Showing that you and other survivors now have physical, mental, and financial damages following your loved one’s passing.
Statute of Limitations and Other Important Information
Texas’ statute of limitations to file a wrongful death lawsuit is two years. Any attempt to recover compensation after this time will likely be thrown out. However, our firm has recovered compensation for clients through the at-fault party’s liability insurance.
Depending on the conditions of your loved one’s passing, a wrongful death lawyer in Spring may pursue compensation from:
- Premises liability insurance for both home and commercial properties
- Vehicle insurance for car, truck, motorcycle, and bus accidents
Who May File a Wrongful Death Claim
If you are the surviving spouse, child (either biological or legally adopted), or parent, you may file a wrongful death claim. An attorney from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can file a claim on behalf of you and other family members. To learn more, call 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Compensation Awarded in a Wrongful Death Claim
A wrongful death lawyer in Spring will fight for the recovery of your economic and noneconomic losses. There is no predetermined amount awarded in a wrongful death claim. Certain factors may influence the amount of recovered compensation. Our wrongful death lawyers in Spring will assess your situation and will send a claim for expenses such as:
- Medical bills prior to your loved one’s passing
- Funeral and burial costs
- Lost earning ability and inheritance including salary, benefits, and other annuities (if he or she had lived a normal expected lifetime)
- Loss of companionship, protection, guidance, maintenance, support, and counsel
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Each case is different. Contact a wrongful death lawyer in Spring for a free case evaluation: 713-850-8600.
Our Team Will Fight for the Best Outcome for You and Your Family
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped thousands of injured and disabled clients in Spring and throughout Texas. We have successfully recovered compensation in wrongful death claims and other types of personal injury cases. While past results do not guarantee future cases, we promise that we will vigorously pursue the best outcome for you and your family.
We realize that you are mourning and may be tempted to delay filing a claim. You should know that insurance claims may take a while to negotiate. You do not want to lose the choice of filing a lawsuit if we cannot reach an acceptable settlement.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- A Federal Court Has Already Approved a Federal Class Action Settlement, Can I Still Sue USC For Sexual Abuse?
- Does Texas Have a Statute Of Limitations For Personal Injury Claims?
- What If Your Spouse Can No Longer Have Children After a Car Accident?
- Can You Sue For Distracted Driving Accidents In Texas?
- What Will It Cost Me To Hire An Attorney In A Truck Accident Case?