If you were injured in an accident involving an 18-wheeler or semi truck, please call for a free case evaluation. You could be entitled to financial recovery for medical care, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Texas liability laws are complex, and you only have two years from the date of the accident to take legal action. That is why we invite you to talk to someone who understands these cases and can help you pursue the recovery you deserve. An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Texas City, TX, will be your strong legal advocate.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
We Handle 18-Wheeler and Other Motor Vehicle Accidents
You deserve to feel comfortable and confident with the lawyer you choose. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC accepts many kinds of 18-wheeler and semi truck accident claims, including:
- Bicycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Car accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Left-turn accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Rear-end collision accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Taxicab, Uber, and Lyft accidents
- Uninsured motorist accidents
- Whiplash injuries
- Wrongful death
We Uncover the Facts and Determine Who Is Liable
An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Texas City, TX, will analyze the circumstances about your accident to figure out who is responsible for your injuries and damages. In some accidents, there might be multiple liable parties.
The factors that we must establish to seek recovery include:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care to take reasonable measures to prevent the accident.
- The defendant breached this duty of care by not acting or acting in an unsafe manner.
- These negligent actions caused your injuries.
- You suffered damages such as medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
We Gather Evidence to Support Liability
Rarely will an at-fault driver admit liability and make it easy for a plaintiff to seek recovery. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will gather evidence of this liability, which may include:
- Police reports
- Videos or photos of the accident, damaged vehicles, debris, skid marks, and other evidence
- Witness statements
- Truck driver’s rest logs and truck’s computer
- Data from the truck’s computer
- Test results from mandatory drug and alcohol screening
- Truck maintenance log
- Earlier accidents or violations
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can also pursue recovery if the accident was caused by a defective part or other manufacturer error.
An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer will take care of all these many details so you can focus on feeling better. We are ready to help you. Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
We File the Insurance Claim for You
An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Texas City will first pursue recovery from the trucking company’s insurance coverage. Some insurance companies use certain tactics to delay or undervalue your claim. Our lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC recognize these maneuvers and will negotiate for the best possible outcome.
In addition to taking care of the many documents and procedures in filing an insurance claim, a lawyer will serve as your legal advocate, so you do not have to deal with the insurance adjuster. You should have this time to recover from your injuries. Having a lawyer on your side also helps you to avoid:
- Making a rushed decision to accept an inadequate settlement.
- Inadvertently jeopardizing your claim in some way.
- Becoming agitated if the insurance adjuster tries to pressure you.
The trucking company and the insurance company have their own lawyers. It is important that you have a strong legal advocate to protect your rights and fight for the financial recovery you deserve.
We Pursue Recovery on Your Behalf
An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer will pursue recovery for both economic and noneconomic losses. Our legal team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will carefully evaluate your injuries and current damages to seek financial recovery that may include:
- Ambulance and emergency room costs
- Hospital stays
- Other medical treatment both current and future
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning potential due to injuries
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Property damage
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accident Injuries Are Significant
The sheer mass of an 18-wheeler and semi truck make significant injuries all too common. One of the most devastating injuries is a traumatic brain injury. There are other common injuries from 18-wheeler and semi truck accidents, such as:
- Facial and dental lacerations
- Crushed, broken, or fractured bones
- Internal bleeding that leads to organ failure
- Twisted, sprained, or torn ligaments
- Nerve damage
- Spinal injuries
- Lacerations from broken glass, road rash, and debris
The Causes of an 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accidents
Accidents involving 18-wheeler and semi trucks are usually caused by negligence. Common causes of many collisions include:
- Drowsy driving
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Inadequate training
- Driving under the influence of prescription or illicit drugs
- Overloaded or improperly balanced cargo
- Worn-out tires
- Not yielding
An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer is ready to help you seek recovery.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a Free Case Evaluation
Our lawyers work on a contingency basis. Let one of our 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Texas City, TX, help you get the financial recovery you deserve for your injuries and damages.
For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do You Go About Getting Compensated For A Car Accident Injury In Texas?
- How Do You Prove A Property Owner Was Negligent in A Premises Liability Case?
- What Is The OSU Collegiate Sexual Assault Settlement?
- What Is the Deadline to File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit from an Auto Accident in Texas?
- How Do Bicycle Laws Affect Personal Injury Cases in Texas?