A collision with an oversized truck often results in severe injuries or loss of life. In 2018, the Texas Department of Transportation reported over 35,000 crashes involving a commercial vehicle. The same report stated that there were over 8,000 injuries and 611 fatalities resulting from those crashes.
You could be entitled to financial recovery if a careless truck driver caused you bodily injury or caused a loved one to pass away.
A truck accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you pursue recovery so you can focus on feeling better. For a free case evaluation with a truck accident lawyer serving Texas City, TX, please call (713) 850-8600. A member of our team is happy to meet with you at any convenient location.
How a Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help After the Collision
Your priority after any motor vehicle accident is to make sure you are okay. Please see your doctor or healthcare provider as soon as possible after the accident. Some accident injuries take time to show symptoms, and only a medical professional can give you the reassurance you need.
Please follow your doctor’s instructions throughout the entirety of your recovery. This is for your best health and to support an insurance claim that you have suffered injuries and financial losses.
A truck accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is here to help you seek recovery from all responsible parties.
The Importance to Call a Truck Accident Lawyer Before You Speak to the Insurance Adjuster
As truck accident lawyers serving Texas City, it is our experience that some insurance companies make it difficult for accident victims to obtain recovery for their injuries and damages. It is also common for the driver who caused the accident to deny wrongdoing or liability.
That is why we strongly urge that you call a truck accident lawyer before you speak to the insurance adjuster or the defendant. A member of our team is happy to evaluate your case at no cost or obligation to you. Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has protected the rights of many injured and disabled clients. We want to help you obtain the financial recovery you deserve.
Our Suggestions If You Are Contacted by the Insurance Adjuster
If an insurance adjuster contacts you before you have the chance to meet with a member of our team, we recommend you do the following:
- Restrict the information you share to the bare facts about the accident: the make and model of your car, the date and location of the accident, and the name of your insurance carrier.
- Politely refuse to answer other questions or to make a statement without consulting a lawyer from our firm.
- Do not allow the insurance adjuster to talk you into releasing medical records.
- Tell the adjuster that you prefer to make a statement in writing, and only after you have exercised your right to meet with a truck accident lawyer.
Our truck accident lawyers serving Texas City, TX, are ready to help you. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
What We Pursue on Your Behalf
A truck accident lawyer will examine the facts of your case. If the truck driver is primarily responsible for the accident, you could be entitled to these types of damages:
- Medical treatment, including current and any necessary follow-up care
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning ability if unable to return to your job
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Any related out-of-pocket expenses (for example mileage going to and from your doctor’s office and pharmacy)
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death damages, if you lost a loved one
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can often successfully recover damages with an insurance settlement. In other cases, such as if the insurance company denies your claim, we could recommend litigation. Under Texas law, you have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit.
It is in your best interest to call a truck accident lawyer serving Texas City as soon as you can. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
Proving Liability in a Truck Accident Claim
Our firm has the resources and staff to fully investigate your case. We look for proof of liability that might be found in sources such as:
- Police and accident reports
- Witness statements
- Photos or videos of the accident site showing debris, skid marks, broken guard rails, and damaged vehicles
- Review of the driver’s motor vehicle information and driving history
We also evaluate your injuries with the input of your healthcare provider.
A truck accident lawyer serving Texas City, TX, with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will also ask you for a detailed account of what you remember about the accident.
Factors of Liability
You may be entitled to recovery if this evidence satisfies certain conditions of liability. These conditions are:
- The driver owed you a duty of care to drive safely and avoid an accident if possible.
- The driver breached this duty of care for some reason (for example, speeding or texting while driving).
- This negligence led to the accident and caused your injuries.
- You now have damages such as medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC to get started on pursuing recovery: (713) 850-8600.
Call Today for Help from a Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Texas City
If you or a family member was recently injured in this type of accident, a truck accident lawyer serving Texas City, TX, will protect your rights and help you pursue financial recovery. A reckless driver should be held accountable to prevent this type of injury from happening to other innocent victims.
Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for your free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Do You Have To File a Lawsuit To Recover Damages From an Auto Accident In Texas?
- What Are the Downsides of Not Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Case?
- Can You Change Lawyers In The Middle Of A Personal Injury Case?
- Is Pain and Suffering Separate from Medical Bills?
- When Do You Need to Involve the Police After an Auto Accident in Texas?