Were you or someone you love victimized by sexual abuse? Our sexual abuse lawyer in The Woodlands will help you build an effective case for financial recovery. We will identify the abuser and other liable parties. We will also collect evidence and consult experts who may benefit your case.
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, we handle every aspect of your sexual abuse case. We will review its details at no cost. We also negotiate with the insurance company, collect documents and evidence, and create an organized case file. Our sexual abuse victim lawyer will work hard to steer your case toward a settlement but will not hesitate to go to court on your behalf.
Financial Recovery for Sexual Abuse Survivors
You are entitled to hold the abuser and other negligent parties financially liable for their actions. Financial recovery our personal injury lawyer fights to recover for you includes:
- Current and future medical costs
- Current and future loss of income
- Ongoing pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
- Impairments and disfigurement
Our goal is to ensure you have access to the resources you need to obtain the ongoing support your recovery requires. We work hard to ensure your damages are accurately detailed and assessed.
What You Need to Know About the Statute of Limitations in The Woodlands
Every civil lawsuit has a filing deadline that must be met. Failure to file your lawsuit on time could mean you will not be allowed to file it at all. If filed, it will be dismissed without ever being heard. Either outcome could leave you with no legal avenue to compel the liable party or parties to compensate you.
Our sexual abuse attorneys are familiar with the statute of limitations imposed by the state of Texas. We are also sensitive to your needs, so we get to work on your case right away while you continue with your recovery. We offer 360-degree client support through every aspect of your case.
Our legal team will carefully evaluate the details of your case and identify any factors that could alter the statute of limitations. We will also ensure your potential lawsuit is filed on time and avoid the costly penalties of an expired statute of limitations.
Our Sexual Abuse Attorney Will Help You Build the Strongest Possible Case
When our law firm goes to work on your sexual abuse case, we make sure you get the ongoing support you deserve. We also make sure your case gets the individual attention it deserves. To strengthen and support your request for financial recovery, our sexual abuse lawyer in The Woodlands will:
- Read and review your medical records
- Speak to any available witnesses
- Compile evidence that supports your case
- Ensure the relevant filing deadline is met
- Negotiate with one or multiple insurers
- Represent you at trial, if necessary
- Listen to your story with compassion
- Consult subject matter expert witnesses
Building an effective case is an involved process that requires focus and attention to detail. Focus on your recovery. Leave everything else to our team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®. We will never stop fighting to obtain the best possible outcome for you.
How We Define Liability and Potentially Liable Parties
Financial liability in sexual abuse cases can be assigned to the abuser and to other parties who were in a position to have owed you a duty of care. Our investigation will uncover all potentially liable parties. Based on your case, that can include:
- Public and private school and daycare teachers and administrators
- Faith-based organizations and their members, clergy, and leaders
- Acquaintances, colleagues, associates, and family members
- Property owners who failed to provide adequate security
Our sexual abuse lawyer in The Woodlands, TX, will take on this aspect of your case. We will do the difficult and complex legal work, prove financial liability, and deal with the insurance company so you do not have to.
Sexual Abuse Cases Our Law Firm Represents
Investigating sexual abuse is a complex undertaking. On your own, it can also be emotionally challenging. You do not have to fight for financial recovery alone. When our sexual abuse lawyers handle your case, we will:
- Handle the difficult aspects for you
- Maintain your privacy and anonymity
- Handle all case-related communication
- Clarify your legal and financial options
Once you become a D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® client, our law firm never stops working for you. We also host Facebook live streams to answer any questions and address any concerns from our clients. Our team members provide you with ongoing updates on any progress or developments in your case. We also make sure you are aware of every action we take on your behalf.
Recent Five-Star Reviews for Our Client-Focused Law Firm
Founded in 2002, we are diligent about being readily accessible to the clients who turn to us for legal care. When previous clients review our law firm, they say the following:
- Kiana Skyy: “Great firm and they follow up on everything and they make sure you are comfortable and that everything is correct with your claim. I would highly recommend.”
- Sherry Creech: “What an exceptional experience. A genuine concern and care for their clients. Recommend D. MILLER and ASSOCIATES PLLC to all that need a hardworking dedicated team of professionals when in need of rebuilding their own lives.”
Our sexual abuse attorney in The Woodlands, TX, will advocate for you. Read additional reviews from satisfied clients on our testimonials page and see why you can trust our legal team to fight for you.
Contact Our Sexual Abuse Team Anytime
If you or someone you love is a sexual abuse survivor, you could be entitled to financial recovery. We will help you pursue all negligent parties. Our sexual abuse lawyer is committed to fighting for the civil rights of sexual abuse survivors in The Woodlands, TX.
Contact one of our team members at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® to get a free evaluation of your case and to find out how hard we fight for you.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Is the Free Consultation with a Personal Injury Attorney Like?
- Will My Health Insurance Cover Me In A Motorcycle Accidents?
- What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Texas
- Do You Have to File a Lawsuit to Recover Damages From an Auto Accident in Texas?
- What Are the Three Types of Human Trafficking?