If you or a family member was recently involved in an 18-wheeler or semi truck accident, you could qualify for financial recovery.
One of our 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyers serving Tomball, TX, can help you pursue recovery while you focus on feeling better. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can support you through every step of your claim or lawsuit.
Forms Of Financial Recovery You Could Pursue in A Truck Accident Case
Accidents with semi trucks or 18-wheelers can be devastating, both physically and financially. We can help you recover the losses that you faced after the accident and that you may experience in the future as a result of your injuries.
Our personal injury lawyers could tell you if you are able to seek the following:
- Medical bills, including emergency care, hospitalization, surgeries, medications, visits to a doctor, medical devices, in-home care, rehabilitation, and more
- Lost income, if you missed paychecks as a result of your injury
- Reduced earning capacity, if your injury goes on to affect your ability to earn in the future
- Property losses, including those related to your vehicle and other personal property
- Pain and suffering, reflecting your physical pain and other hardships
- Mental anguish, reflecting your psychological suffering
- Reduced enjoyment of life, if you are unable to enjoy activities you previously pursued
- Disability, disfigurement, or loss of a bodily function
You should not have to pay for someone else’s mistake. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ will pursue recovery for your damages.
Our 18-wheeler And Semi Truck Accident Lawyers Handle All The Legal Details
Filing a claim on your own in Tomball can be confusing and difficult. You may not be feeling well enough to seek the financial recovery you could receive. We can handle every step of your case for you.
Our firm can:
- Evaluate your case to properly determine your injuries and damages
- Speak with the other party’s insurance adjuster
- Make sure your legal rights are protected
- Negotiate for a fair insurance settlement
- Prepare your case for trial, if in your best interest
- Keep your case on track to meet the statute of limitations deadline, per Texas law
It is common for our firm to negotiate an acceptable insurance settlement. If this does not happen, Texas’s statute of limitations gives you two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit.
How Our Lawyers Prepare Evidence For Your Insurance Claim Or Lawsuit
Our 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyers serving Tomball will work to build the strongest possible case for you. This depends on gathering strong evidence.
- Investigate the circumstances of your accident with evidence from police reports, witness statements, photos, videos, and your detailed account
- Compile evidence from your doctor about the extent of your injuries and prognosis
- Secure expert testimony about the other party’s liability
- Research the truck driver’s driving record, company safety and training, maintenance records, and other facts as required by the federal government for trucking companies
How Our Lawyers Can Prove Liability For A Truck Accident Case
Our lawyers can establish liability based on a few factors:
- The defendant(s) owed you a duty of care to drive safely and take common-sense measures to avoid the accident.
- This duty of care was breached for some reason (for example, driving while drowsy or under the influence).
- The defendant’s negligent actions caused your injury.
- You have damages in the form of medical bills, lost wages, and other losses.
It can be challenging to understand Texas liability and negligence laws. It is even more complicated if there is more than one liable party. For example, the truck driver, trucking company, distributor, and even the truck manufacturer may have contributed in some way to the accident.
We will pursue the appropriate liable party (or parties) and work to hold them accountable.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ Gives You Personalized Attention
While we will build as strong of a legal case as possible for you, our team also works hard to ensure that clients feel supported throughout the process.
We promise to:
- Meet you in your home or hospital, if you can’t travel to us
- Keep you regularly updated about your case
- Offer the assistance of our medical coordinators, who will help you seek care even if you lack health insurance
- Take your call anytime, 24/7, and provide a free consultation
What Our Clients Have Said About Their Experiences
You don’t have to accept our word about what it’s like to work with our firm. Some of our previous clients have told us the following about their experiences:
- “Natalie and her staff did an excellent job accommodating to my needs and walking me through each step as my case proceeded. Awesome job at communicating with your clients! Would definitely recommend!” -Diego R.
- “I have been represented by D. Miller for almost a year and I have nothing but positive things to say. The people there are always friendly and do their best to answer any questions to the best of their ability. I would strongly recommend this firm for any of your personal injury or any other claims you may have.” -Wayne P.
Our Lawyers Accept All Types of Truck And Motor Vehicle Accidents
Some injury lawyers may not be familiar with the extensive injuries, damages, and multiple defendants that can come with an 18-wheeler and semi truck accident case.
Miller & Associates, PLLC™ accepts all kinds of collisions, including those involving:
- Jack-knife accidents
- Spilled cargo
- Drowsy driving
- Distracted driving
- Drive-under accidents
- Blown tires
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI)
- Other vehicle accidents involving cars, bicycles, buses, trucks, mopeds, motorcycles, pedestrians, and rideshare vehicles
It takes time and resources to build a compelling case for an insurance claim or a lawsuit. Get a free case evaluation and learn how to start your case today.
Forms of Injuries You Could Be Facing After A Semi Truck Collision
We recommend calling our office as soon as you have received medical treatment. We can begin to put together a case based on your prognosis given by your doctor — and unfortunately, we know many truck accident injuries can be severe.
It is common to see these injuries after an 18-wheeler or semi truck accident:
- Broken, fractured, or crushed bones
- Internal bleeding and organ damage
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Spinal cord injury
- Crushed pelvis
- Torn, strained, or sprained soft tissue
Medical expenses add up quickly. These bills are in addition to your rent, groceries, and other necessary living expenses. If you cannot work and are unable to receive disability or sick leave benefits, you could find yourself in serious financial straits.
An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Tomball, TX, can decide who or what caused your injuries and seek financial recovery. The sooner you call, the quicker we can assess your case and help you get the recovery you deserve.
Steps To Take To Prepare An Injury Case After Your Accident in Tomball
We advise that you do the following after your collision:
- Get the medical care you need: If you didn’t already go to a doctor to document your injuries and connect them to the accident, do so now. If you’ve stopped your treatment for any reason, continue with your doctor’s orders. You don’t want an insurance company arguing that you made your own injuries worse.
- Gather all the evidence that you can: According to the City of Tomball, you can get a copy of your accident report in person or online. It’s important to have a copy for your records, and we can help if you are unable to get a report. Also, hold onto any receipts for out-of-pocket expenses related to your injuries, such as for medical devices.
- Don’t make a recorded statement: If an insurance company contacts you looking for information about the accident, keep your words to a minimum. Making a recorded statement could do more to hurt your case than help it. You can pass on communications with an insurer to us.
- Get a free consultation with our team: We can discuss your options moving forward.
Get A Free Consultation By Calling D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ Today
Each accident is different, and every client has individual needs. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ takes a hands-on approach to each case to protect and preserve your legal rights. It is our goal to get you the financial recovery you may be entitled to receive.
If you or a family member was injured in an 18-wheeler or semi truck accident, call for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Will The Trucking Company Be Doing to Prepare Their Case?
- My Loved One Was Injured Or Killed In A Bus Accident, Who Is Responsible?
- How Much Should You Expect in a Commercial Uber Accident Settlement In Texas?
- What Qualifies as a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
- How Can I Prove Negligence for a Truck Accident?