Driving a tractor-trailer requires special training, certification, and licensure. If truckers do not practice responsible driving habits, serious and fatal injuries can occur.
Victims of truck accidents and their families can experience their physical, emotional, and financial effects on a long-term basis, but a tractor-trailer accident lawyer serving Tomball, TX, can help.
If you suffered injuries or have lost a loved one in a semi truck collision caused by someone else, contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ today to discuss your case with our legal team.
Financial Recovery in Texas Tractor-Trailer Accident Cases
The types of financial recovery you may receive in your tractor-trailer accident case vary depending on your circumstances. However, they may include awards for:
- Emergency medical care and other injury-related healthcare costs
- Lost wages if you missed time at work due to your injury
- Loss of future wages if your injury prevents you from returning to work or if you lost a loved one who provided you with financial support
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Funeral and burial expenses if you lost a loved one in the accident
Our injury lawyers cannot guarantee you a certain amount of financial recovery, but we can help you evaluate your damages and seek adequate awards.
A Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer Serving Tomball, TX, Can Build Your Case
We can handle every step of your case, including:
To establish fault in your case, you or an attorney must demonstrate that the driver’s actions meet all four legal criteria for negligence. They must have:
- Had a duty of care to keep you safe on the road
- Breached that duty of care through an intentional act or by failing to take action
- Caused your injuries by breaching their duty
- Caused the damages you incurred as a result of your injury or loss
One of the ways you can prove negligence in your tractor-trailer accident case is through evidence. Documentation, statements, and physical evidence that can strengthen your claim include:
- Photos of your injuries
- Photos or videos from the scene
- Police reports
- Medical records and bills
- Cell phone records
- Eyewitness testimony
- Black box information
One of our tractor-trailer accident lawyers serving Tomball, TX, can help you gather the information you need to pursue a fair settlement.
Protecting You Against Unfair Challenges to Your Case
In some cases, insurance companies will launch their own investigations to determine liability. If they discover that their policyholder holds fault, they may attempt to find ways to blame you for the accident.
A lawyer from our team can establish liability in your case.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ Supports Clients From Start to Finish
You have been harmed enough already by your injuries. Now, we want to support you through every step of your case.
In addition to handling all the legal details of your injury, we will also work to ensure that:
- You get the medical care you need, even if you don’t have health insurance.
- You get help scheduling appointments, if needed.
- One of our team members will travel to you if you can’t travel to us.
- You learn your legal options during a free, no-obligation consultation.
We Can Work to Prove That Driver Error Caused Your Tractor-Trailer Accident
In 2018, the Texas A&M Transportation Institute (TTI) released a study it conducted on the causes of at-fault tractor-trailer accidents in Texas. After examining data from almost 2,800 accidents across 20 Texas counties, it found that driver error played a significant role in most instances.
Some of the driver behaviors that led to truck collisions include:
- Failure to brake
- Failure to give the right of way
- Not staying in the correct lane
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
Driver fatigue also plays a role in many truck accidents. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) notes that driver fatigue may occur due to lack of sleep, extended work hours, strenuous activities, or a combination of these factors.
Vehicle-Related Problems That Can Lead to Tractor-Trailer Accidents
There are some precautions truck drivers can take to help prevent tractor-trailer accidents. However, sometimes, there are vehicle-related issues that can lead to collisions.
Some of these dangers could include:
- Tire blowouts
- Improperly loaded cargo
- Braking system defects or malfunctions
- And more
Passenger vehicle drivers have a responsibility to exercise caution around tractor-trailers, but trucking companies also have a responsibility to keep vehicles in proper working order.
If a cargo loading company, truck company, parts manufacturer, or other responsible party failed to keep a tractor-trailer in proper working order, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can help you hold them accountable for your damages.
Our Lawyers See Many Tractor-Trailer Accidents in Harris County
Harris County has more tractor-trailer accidents than any other county in Texas. This makes the Houston metropolitan area one of the most dangerous places in the state for truck collisions, and they can even affect residents of suburban cities like Tomball.
Between oilfield transportation and some of the worst traffic congestion in the nation, the risk of tractor-trailer accidents in the Houston area can increase significantly. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), in 2018, approximately 15% of the state’s 37,609 truck collisions took place in Harris County, accounting for nearly 1 in 20 fatalities statewide that year.
Get Started on Your Injury Case Sooner Rather Than Later
We know it can be challenging to begin the legal process. However, keep in mind that you may have limited time to seek a financial recovery.
According to Texas law, you have two years to file a lawsuit after an injury accident caused by negligence. If you fail to do so, we may be unable to help you seek damages — even if there is a compelling case of the tractor-trailer driver’s fault.
By beginning your case as soon as you can, you also give your legal team time to gather important evidence and build the strongest case possible.
Contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ Today to Get Started on Your Case
If you have suffered injuries or lost a loved one in a tractor-trailer accident in Tomball, TX, you do not have to deal with the legal system on your own. At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, our lawyers can investigate your case, establish liability, and pursue the financial recovery you deserve.
Reach out to us today at (713) 850-8600 to discuss your case evaluation with our legal team. The call is free, and there is no obligation. You can have one of our lawyers on your side now.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Can Pedestrians Be At Fault For Road Accidents In Texas?
- What Is a Deposition & How Do They Affect Personal Injury Cases?
- Are There Any Downsides To Having The Texas Minimum For Auto Insurance In An Accident?
- What If a Family Member Is Too Seriously Injured to Contact a Lawyer?
- What if I Am Partially at Fault for a Car Accident?