Tyler, TX, is home to many busy streets and highways. When drivers use these roads, they must drive with care and reasonable prudence. If a motorist acts carelessly and causes an accident, they can bear liability for any resulting damages.
When you partner with a Tyler car accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, they can pursue your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. You can also trust us to conduct a thorough investigation, compile and organize supporting evidence, build a strong case file, and negotiate on your behalf.
Damages You Can Recover from a Negligent Driver
According to Texas law, you can recover damages following a collision—as long as you didn’t cause more than 50% of it. With our guidance and direction, we can establish your role in the accident and how it entitles you to financial recovery.
Our car accident team will:
- Collect compelling evidence
- Assign proportionate responsibility
- Handle all case-related communications
- Negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurer
- Represent you in court, if necessary
Texas law establishes how long you have to pursue damages through the court system. You generally have two years from the date of your collision to file. If you lost a loved one, you have two years from the date of their passing to file your wrongful death lawsuit.
When we learn about your accident and injuries, we will start building your case as soon as possible. We will also file your case within all appropriate deadlines to ensure your right to recovery.
You Can Recover All Medical Bills Associated with Your Injuries
Your medical expenses can vary greatly and will depend on the severity of your injuries. The at-fault driver is responsible for your emergency, follow-up, and ongoing medical bills. These will include every treatment and recovery-related cost incurred by medications, assistive medical devices, and treatment-related travel.
Medical expenses also include mental health care to help you cope with the accident’s emotional and psychological aftermath.
We Will Pursue Your Employment-Related Losses
Even a minor or low-speed car accident can result in serious injuries—serious enough to prevent you from returning to work. We obtain copies of your paychecks, direct deposit receipts, tax records, and other financial data to prove the value of your lost wages from full and part-time employment.
Financial recovery can also account for lost freelance jobs, gig economy, and contract work. It also includes any full or partial business ownership income.
We Will Assess Your Situation and Pursue Pain and Suffering
You can recover damages for pain and suffering for the physical and mental discomfort imposed by your injuries. You can also recover these damages for the pain and angst involved in the recovery process itself.
Our personal injury lawyers will assess your injuries’ severity, necessary treatments, and financial losses to evaluate your pain and suffering.
Our Team Will Seek the Cost of Replacing or Repairing Your Vehicle
The at-fault party is responsible for restoring your damaged car to its pre-accident condition. If the cost of repairing your car exceeds its actual value, it may be declared a total loss, and you could be awarded its replacement value. If your car is replaced, but its resale value is greatly reduced, we can help you fight to recover its diminished value.
We Will Pursue Losses if You Lost a Close Loved One
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ advocates for families who have lost loved ones. Financial recovery can account for:
- Your loved one’s funeral and burial fees
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of parental guidance and household benefits
- End-of-life healthcare expenses, including life support and palliative care
- Your loved one’s lost income
After assessing your situation, we may find that you can pursue additional losses to those listed here.
Leave Your Case’s Heavy-Lifting to Us
The trauma of a car accident in Tyler can make it difficult to view your ensuing personal injury case objectively. At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, our car accident lawyers can take an objective view of your case and ensure it gets the attention it needs and deserves.
- Ensure you get the medical attention you need
- Apply local, state, and federal laws to your case
- Streamline the financial recovery process
- Handle the legal aspects of your case
We will handle the negotiation process from start to finish, ensure your case complies with the statute of limitations, and even represent you in court if an agreeable settlement offer is never made.
Listen to What Our Previous Clients Say
Our team helps injured clients just like you get much-needed financial recovery. When previous clients refer us to friends and family, they say the following:
- Consuelo Dominguez: I am so happy that I chose this law firm after my car accident. Odalis was assigned to my case, and she always provided me with updates on my medical treatment. I will recommend this law firm to my friends and family!
- Dakota Garcia: I was recently involved in a car accident and was referred to D. Miller & Associates. I was completely lost, and I had no idea what to do initially. The firm walked me through everything… I will recommend this firm to all my friends and family.
Reviews and testimonials from previous clients can help you make an informed decision and choose a law firm that will never stop advocating for you.
Start a Free Evaluation of Your Car Accident Case
Were you or someone you love injured in a car accident in Tyler? While you focus on recovering from the accident, our car accident lawyers will focus on your financial recovery. We will evaluate your case at no cost to you and aim for the best possible outcome.
Contact one of our case evaluation team members at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ by calling us today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the At-Fault Party’s Insurance Pay Your Car Accident Damages in Texas?
- Can I Sue for Lost Wages Resulting from a Truck Accident in Houston?
- Is It too Late to File an OSU Collegiate Sexual Assault Case?
- How Do You Know If You’ve Been Injured By a Defective Medical Device?
- What Should You Do If Your Uber or Lyft Driver Gets in an Accident in Texas?