If a drunk driver caused your collision and injuries, you may be able to build a case against them and secure a financial recovery for the expenses and losses you endured.
A drunk driving (DWI) accident lawyer serving Tyler from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ may be able to help you hold them responsible. You can reach out to our team about your Tyler, Texas, driving while intoxicated (DWI) accident today.
Recovery of the Expenses and Losses You Incurred may be Possible
It may be possible for you to recover a settlement or court award in your Tyler drunk driving accident case. If an intoxicated driver caused your collision, you may be able to hold them responsible and secure a financial recovery through:
- A claim based on their car insurance liability policy; or
- Suing the drunk driver in a Smith County civil court
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, our team represents accident victims in Tyler through this process, including litigating the case, if necessary. Our goal is to seek and secure an appropriate financial recovery for our clients.
This could include damages such as:
- Current and future medical needs related to accident injuries
- Lost income, including wages and benefits
- Long-term or permanent diminished ability to earn a living
- Property damages and car repairs
- Rental car costs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Our Attorneys Provide Compassionate, Accessible Representation
A drunk driving (DWI) accident lawyer serving Tyler from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ may be able to deal with the at-fault motorist’s insurance company so you can focus on healing. Since 2002, we have worked with accident victims to ensure they have the legal representation and support they need during this difficult and stressful time.
We strive to be accessible to our clients at all times and answer their questions promptly. We want you to be able to focus on your physical recovery while we work toward a financial one.
You can count on our team to:
- Protect your right to recovery and represent your best interests
- Handle all communications with the at-fault driver’s insurance company
- Secure and analyze the evidence and develop an argument to support your claim
- Manage all claims paperwork and negotiate for an appropriate settlement
- Sue the drunk driver if their insurance company refuses to work with us in good faith
- Prepare all court documents and trial arguments
- Represent you to the judge and jury
Our team also represents families who lost a loved one to their traffic accident injuries. We may be able to help your family with your wrongful death claim.
The Civil Case Against a Drunk Driver
The civil case is the claim or lawsuit you will file to hold the driver responsible for their bad behavior and seek a financial recovery. While a conviction in a criminal case may be satisfying for you, it will not help you pay your medical bills or cover your time away from work. This is only possible through a civil claim or suit.
To pursue recovery in a civil case against the driver who caused your accident, you will need to prove they:
- Acted carelessly or recklessly
- Caused your accident and injuries as a result
- Caused you to experience financial losses and expenses, including other harms
To learn more, retain D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™. We can explain how these cases work during your free case evaluation.
You have only a Limited Time to Start on Your Tyler DWI Accident Case
Under Texas law, you generally have two years to sue the driver who caused your car accident. If we do not begin a civil case in a Smith County court by the second anniversary of the collision, you may lose the right to sue. This makes the deadline key in protecting your right to pursue financial recovery.
You may believe two years is more than enough time to pursue compensation for your Tyler DWI accident case, but the sooner you take legal action, the better. Remember, it takes time to investigate an accident, calculate fair compensation, and file the necessary paperwork for an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
Speak to a Member of Our Drunk Driving Accident Team Serving Tyler Today
A drunk driving (DWI) accident lawyer serving Tyler from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can help you seek and secure a recovery following your collision. Our team is here to help you understand your case and your legal options following an accident. We offer complimentary case evaluations.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ today. We want to discuss your case with you and learn as much as we can about the circumstances surrounding your accident. This will allow us to better understand your legal options for seeking recovery and determine how our team can help. You focus on recovering from your injuries and spending time with your loved ones. Leave the legal hassle to us.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What is ‘Loss of Future Earning Capacity’ & How Does it Apply to Injury Cases?
- How Long Do You Have to File A Claim for A Slip and Fall Injury in Texas?
- How Do Bicycle Laws Affect Personal Injury Cases in Texas?
- What Types of Injury Cases Fall Under Premises Liability Law In Texas?
- If A Car Accident Is Not My Fault, What Do I Do?