A pedestrian accident lawyer serving Tyler knows that your life may be forever changed because of a reckless driver. You may face a lengthy recuperation period and be unable to work. You might be forced to miss or postpone a life milestone, such as a wedding.
Your physical and emotional pain could have been avoided had it not been for someone else’s careless act or failure to act.
An attorney with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can protect your rights and seek financial recovery on your behalf. This gives you the time and peace of mind to focus on feeling better and your loved ones.
Why Injured People Call a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer for Help
If you or a loved one was hurt in a pedestrian accident, it is a wise decision to consult an attorney before you talk to the insurance adjuster.
Here is why.
Insurance Companies Rarely Make Life Easy for People Seeking Claims
You could try to pursue damages from the other party on your own, but we strongly advise that you have a lawyer help you. Insurance companies make money when they collect premiums, and they lose money when they pay claims. Therefore, few insurance companies make it easy or simple for you to file a claim.
You Must Show Proof of Liability By the Other Party
You should also know that the burden of proof is on you, the plaintiff. This means you must collect evidence to show that it is more likely than not that the other party is responsible for your injuries. While this burden of proof is less daunting than “beyond a reasonable doubt,” it nonetheless requires research and fact-finding.
Laws are Complex and Confusing
Texas has complex liability and negligence laws. If you are not fluent in “legalese,” you may have more questions than answers when you try to seek damages on your own.
You Deserve to Rest and Feel Better
The last thing you may want to do is talk to a pushy insurance adjuster or look up a statute for your case, particularly if you are still unwell from your injuries. This is a time when you should be able to rest and follow your healthcare provider’s instructions.
A Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Knows how to Help You
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ has helped countless people recover damages after accidents and injuries caused by another party’s negligence or wrongdoing.
A pedestrian accident lawyer serving Tyler can help you understand your legal rights and pursue damages from all liable parties.
We take over your post-accident to-do list, including:
- Collecting evidence, such as photos, videos, police reports, and witness statements.
- Obtaining documentation of your injuries with medical tests and a diagnosis from your healthcare provider.
- Valuating your damages for expenses you have accrued to date and anticipated expenses for the future (like physical therapy or reduced earning potential).
- Filing and managing your insurance claim.
- Negotiating on your behalf for an acceptable settlement.
If an attorney with our firm cannot reach an acceptable settlement with the other party, we can take your case to court.
You Have a Limited Time to Act
Many pedestrian accident cases are successfully settled out of court. However, sometimes it is in your best interest to file a personal injury lawsuit.
Texas law has a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits. If you wait too long and miss this deadline, you could forfeit your opportunity to pursue financial recovery.
Our legal team has the resources to help recover damages that you and your loved ones need to pay for medical bills and other expenses.
We Help You Recover Damages
A pedestrian accident attorney will evaluate your situation, taking your injuries and damages into consideration. Typically, damages that are awarded from this type of accident may include:
- Medical bills (including ambulance, hospitalization, doctors and specialists, rehabilitative care, and prescriptions)
- Lost wages because of injury
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced earning capacity
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium or companionship
You deserve a strong legal advocate to guide you through these challenging times. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ will be by your side throughout your case.
Negligence is a Common Cause of Pedestrian Accidents
We know that negligence is often at the heart of this type of personal injury.
Our firm is ready to help after a pedestrian accident that is caused by:
- Driving while distracted (texting while driving, adjusting the radio, etc.)
- Driving while fatigued
- Driving while drunk or high
- Failing to yield right of way
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Hit and run accident
There is no excuse for a reckless driver who causes you or a family member harm. You have the right to seek financial recovery and justice.
Call Today for a Free Case Evaluation
Get a free case evaluation from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ today. Call the office of a pedestrian accident lawyer serving Tyler.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- My Loved One Was Injured Or Killed In A Bus Accident, Who Is Responsible?
- Why Do Traumatic Brain Injury Claims Have Such Large Verdicts & Settlements?
- How Is Fault Determined in a Truck Accident?
- What Are the Downsides of Not Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Case?
- What Should You Do If You Were Injured in A Hit and Run Accident in Texas?