If you or someone you love was involved in a truck accident, you could be seriously injured, unable to return to work, and face a long recovery period. At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, our Tyler truck accident lawyers can determine who bears liability for your accident and resulting injuries.
With our guidance and support, you can request monetary recovery of your medical bills, lost wages, damaged or destroyed vehicle, and pain and suffering. Our personal injury law firm can evaluate the merits of your case, identify the at-fault party, and handle all case-related communications.
Damages You Can Recover for a Truck Accident
When we represent you or a loved one after a collision in Tyler, we fight to recover:
- Ongoing medical bills
- Ongoing income losses
- Ongoing pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
- Disabilities and disfigurements
The loss of a loved one in a fatal truck accident could entitle your family to recover wrongful death-related damages. These can include funeral and burial costs, as well as reimbursement for your loved one’s financial contributions.
Start Building Your Case Without Delay
Your truck accident case in Tyler is governed by Texas law, which imposes a statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits. In general, you have up to two years to file your lawsuit against the at-fault party.
The statute of limitations can change according to:
- The accident’s outcome
- The injured party’s age
- Whether you were involved in a hit-and-run accident
Interpreting and complying with the statute of limitations can be confusing on your own. For instance, if a government or municipal vehicle was involved in your accident, the filing deadline could change. Government entities must be sent a Tort Claims Act letter within a relatively short amount of time. It varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
Our personal injury team can ensure your filing deadline is understood and met. Doing so will minimize your risk of having your lawsuit immediately dismissed. It will also prevent you from losing the right to pursue damages at all.
Our Team Can Prove That Negligence Caused Your Truck Accident
Negligence is at the root of your truck accident if the at-fault party did something — or failed to do something — that caused the collision. For example, a truck driver who failed to stop at a red light was negligent, and you could be entitled to damages. To help you receive them, we prove the following four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care. This means that another party had a moral and civil obligation to ensure others’ safety.
- Breach of duty. Another party failed to act with reasonable prudence or caution.
- Injuries’ cause. The other party primarily caused your accident and injuries.
- Your injuries caused financial, emotional, and physical losses.
Founded in 2002, our law firm is vehement about helping injured clients pursue financial recovery. We will conduct a thorough investigation into your truck accident and gather the evidence that proves the at-fault party’s negligence. From there, we seek the damages you deserve.
We Will Assign Liability to the Appropriate Party
After a truck accident, it can be difficult to know who to pursue for monetary recovery. When our lawyers represent you, we help you figure out who bears financial liability. It could fall to:
- The truck driver if his actions caused the accident. Negligence can include driving while distracted, fatigued, or intoxicated. It can also include driving more than their allowable hours or disregarding traffic signs and signals.
- The trucking company if it encouraged the driver to violate allowable hours or failed to properly train or vet its driver. The company might also be liable if cargo was improperly loaded, or the truck was poorly serviced and maintained.
The manufacturer of the truck or its parts can also bear liability for the accident. If a design or manufacturing flaw or defect caused the collision, our team can access the truck’s maintenance records to establish what happened.
Trust Our Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Tyler with Your Case
When you are ready to pursue the negligent party for damages, we are ready to help. Our truck accident team will:
- Identify the at-fault party
- Build a solid evidence file
- Submit required forms
- Document your injuries
- Assess your damages
- Negotiate on your behalf
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, we pride ourselves on being readily available to the clients we represent. We even host Facebook livestreams to give clients easy-to-access opportunities to have their questions answered.
Reviews from Previous Truck Accident Clients
Our truck accident team works hard to make sure every injured client we represent gets ongoing support. When they recommend our personal injury law firm, they say:
- Maria Moreno: I called D. Miller after an 18-wheeler hit me. Martha was very kind, and I loved talking to her…Andy was very nice, too. He told me not to worry…I am so glad I called them they were great, and I definitely would recommend them!!!
- Adam Gardner: I was hit by a truck. Marta has been helping with my case from day one. She has helped me get what I need medically. If she is busy, she still finds time to get in touch with me when I have concerns. I appreciate her hard work.
We fight hard for the best possible outcome for you and to ensure the at-fault party is held accountable for their negligence.
Contact One of Our Team Members Today
Were you or someone you love injured in a collision with a large truck? Did you perhaps lose a loved one in a truck accident?
If so, our truck accident lawyers serving injured clients in Tyler will help you build a solid case for recoverable damages. Find out how hard our law firm will fight for you by getting your free case evaluation.
Call one of our D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ team members today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Pain And Suffering Include Medical Bills?
- What You Should Do After A Dog Bite In Houston?
- Should You Ever Accept the Insurance Company’s First Offer After an Accident?
- Do You Need a Car Accident Attorney to Recover Money for Property Damage?
- Can You Hire Our Personal Injury Lawyers with No Money?