If you or a family member were injured in a car accident, you could receive financial recovery from the liable party. This financial recovery may include damages for medical bills, car repairs, and other expenses. To find out if you qualify, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600. A car accident lawyer serving Arlington is ready to help you with your claim.
Why It Is Not a Good Idea for You to Deal With the Insurance Adjuster on Your Own
Texas law requires all licensed drivers with a vehicle to have automobile insurance. If you exchanged insurance information with the other driver at the scene, you may think all you need to do is add up your expenses and send a claim.
Unfortunately, it is rarely ever that simple. First, you may be recovering from your injuries and not feeling your best. You might be upset, which is understandable. You may not be able to accurately assess your physical, emotional, and financial damages.
There are other reasons why it might be more difficult, namely that you will need to deal with the insurance adjuster. This can be detrimental to your case for several reasons:
- You might not have a working knowledge of liability laws to fully protect your rights.
- You may inadvertently jeopardize your claim if you make a written or recorded statement while you are ill.
- You might feel pressured by the insurance adjuster and accept a lowball offer.
We recommend that you do not speak to the adjuster. Instead, direct them to speak with us.
A Car Accident Lawyer Serving Arlington Stands Up to the Insurance Company
Some insurance adjusters will make it difficult for you. They might pressure you into making a statement and then use innocent inconsistencies to deny your claim. Another tactic is to delay your claim so that you run out of time if you want to file a personal injury lawsuit. Texas has a two-year statute of limitations on filing a personal injury lawsuit. If you attempt to file after this time, the statute will likely bar your lawsuit.
Our personal injury lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC know how to deal with insurance adjusters who try to delay or minimize your claim. We build a strong claim using evidence of your injuries and damages to get you the maximum recovery you may be entitled to receive. You may qualify for recovery. Please call our firm at (713) 850-8600 to request a free case evaluation.
Our Car Accident Lawyers Seek Recovery While You Focus on Recovery
As car accident lawyers serving Arlington, we cannot stress enough the importance of following your healthcare provider’s recommendations. This is for your best health. You also could jeopardize your claim if you do not follow through with prescribed treatment, therapy, or prescriptions. The defendant’s insurance adjuster may use this against you in a settlement.
You have the right to pursue financial recovery if you qualify. We must prove the following for you to qualify:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care to avoid the accident.
- The defendant breached this duty of care either by intent, neglect, or omission.
- This breach caused the accident and injuries.
- The plaintiff has damages in the form of medical bills, lost wages, and other losses.
A car accident lawyer serving Arlington will seek recovery of these damages from the defendant by filing a claim against their automobile insurance coverage. If you were injured in an Uber or Lyft accident, you could pursue recovery from the driver, the rideshare company, or both.
Common Injuries from a Car Accident in Arlington
The injuries from a car accident range from minor to life-threatening and can include:
- Broken, fractured, or crushed bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Facial or dental lacerations
- Cracked or broken ribs
Your first action after any kind of motor vehicle accident is to get medical attention. Then call an injury lawyer serving Arlington to protect your rights. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Our Firm Handles Many Types of Car Accidents
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC accepts many kinds of car accident cases, including:
- Truck, bus, 18-wheeler and semi-truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, and bicycle accidents
- Head-on, rear-end, or sideswipe accidents
- Drunk driving accident injuries
- Hit and run
- Accidents caused by defective parts or repairs
You deserve a legal advocate who will fight for recovery on your behalf if you qualify. For a free case evaluation, please call our firm anytime at (713) 850-8600.
Financial Recovery in a Car Accident Claim
It is important that you keep all medical bills and other accident-related expenses. Remember other documents such as mileage between your home, doctor, and pharmacy. Your car accident lawyer serving Arlington will need this as proof of your financial damages.
A car accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will talk with your doctor or healthcare provider (with your permission) to assess your injuries, ability to return to work and daily life, and expected prognosis. Your lawyer will then send this information, along with your medical bills, pay stubs, police report, and other documents to the defendant’s insurance company.
You could be entitled to the financial recovery of such damages as:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lifecare costs
- Reduced earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Mental anguish
- Car repair, replacement, or rental
- Therapy and prescriptions
The sooner you call, the faster you could find out if you qualify for financial recovery. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a complimentary case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Do You Have A Motorcycle Injury Case If A Pothole Caused Your Accident in Texas?
- What Are Damages and Why Do Personal Injury Lawyers Fight to Recover Them?
- How Much Do You Get For Pain And Suffering After A Car Accident In Texas?
- Are Slip And Fall Cases Hard To Win?
- What Is the Average Time to Settle a Personal Injury Case in Texas?