If you or a family member were injured in a car accident, you could receive financial recovery from the liable party. This financial recovery may include damages for medical bills, car repairs, and other expenses. To find out if you qualify, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC. A car accident lawyer serving Arlington is ready to help you with your claim.
Why It Is Not A Good Idea For You To Deal With The Insurance Adjuster On Your Own
Texas law requires all licensed drivers with a vehicle to have automobile insurance. If you exchanged insurance information with the other driver at the scene, you may think all you need to do is add up your expenses and send a claim.
Unfortunately, it is rarely ever that simple. First, you may be recovering from your injuries and not feeling your best. You might be upset, which is understandable. You may not be able to accurately assess your physical, emotional, and financial damages.
There are other reasons why it might be more difficult, namely that you will need to deal with the insurance adjuster. This can be detrimental to your case for several reasons:
- Unless you have legal experience, you may not fully understand the ins and outs of Texas liability laws or understand your rights.
- You could unintentionally say or do something that the insurance adjuster could use to deny your claim or underpay your settlement.
- You may feel pressured or intimidated into accepting a hasty, lowball settlement. We can protect you from taking an unfair offer.
We recommend that you do not speak to the adjuster. Instead, direct them to speak with us.
What Can Our Accident Lawyers Do For You?
A Car Accident Lawyer Serving Arlington Stands Up To The Insurance Company
Some insurance adjusters will make it difficult for you. They might pressure you into making a statement and then use innocent inconsistencies to deny your claim. Another tactic is to delay your claim so that you run out of time if you want to file a personal injury lawsuit. Texas has a two-year statute of limitations on filing a personal injury lawsuit. If you attempt to file after this time, the statute will likely bar your lawsuit.
Our personal injury lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC know how to deal with insurance adjusters who try to delay or minimize your claim. We build a strong claim using evidence of your injuries and damages to get you the maximum recovery you may be entitled to receive. You may qualify for recovery. Please call our firm request a free case evaluation.
We Collect Evidence and Consult With Experts
To secure financial recovery, you must prove the party who caused your crash acted negligently, resulting in your injuries and damages. We can gather evidence to support your case, including:
- Surveillance or dashcam footage
- Official accident reports
- Eyewitness testimony
- Medical bills and records
- Photographs of your injuries and vehicle damages
- Bills, receipts, and pay stubs
We can also consult with various experts about your accident and injuries and how they affect your life. For example, we may enlist the help of economists, doctors, mental health professionals, and crash reconstruction specialists, among others.
We Identify the Liable Parties
We will determine what caused your wreck and who is liable. Responsible parties may include:
- A negligent driver
- The driver’s employer (if the accident occurred while they were on the job)
- A manufacturer of a defective vehicle or auto part
- A government entity or private owner in charge of the roadway (if negligent road conditions caused your accident)
We Take Care of the Details of Your Case
Our legal team will handle phone calls, emails, paperwork, deadlines, and negotiations so you do not have to. We worry about your case while you concentrate on getting better.
Our Car Accident Lawyers Seek Recovery While You Focus On Healing
As car accident lawyers serving Arlington, we cannot stress enough the importance of following your healthcare provider’s recommendations. This is for your best health. You also could jeopardize your claim if you do not follow through with prescribed treatment, therapy, or prescriptions. The defendant’s insurance adjuster may use this against you in a settlement.
You have the right to pursue financial recovery if you qualify. We must prove the following for you to qualify:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care to avoid the accident.
- The defendant breached this duty of care either by intent, neglect, or omission.
- This breach caused the accident and injuries.
- The plaintiff has damages in the form of medical bills, lost wages, and other losses.
A car accident lawyer serving Arlington will seek recovery of these damages from the defendant by filing a claim against their automobile insurance coverage. If you were injured in an Uber or Lyft accident, you could pursue recovery from the driver, the rideshare company, or both.
Common Injuries From A Car Accident In Arlington
As one of Texas’s most populated cities, Arlington hosts thousands of residents, commuters, and tourists on its roadways every day. With so many people traveling, traffic accidents are bound to happen. In fact, according to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), there were nearly 27,500 wrecks in Tarrant County in 2020. These accidents caused more than 900 suspected severe injuries.
The injuries from a car accident range from minor to life-threatening and can include:
- Broken, fractured, or crushed bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Facial or dental lacerations
- Cracked or broken ribs
- Loss of a limb
- Spinal injuries
- Back and shoulder injuries
- Loss of sight or hearing
Your first action after any kind of motor vehicle accident is to get medical attention. Then call an injury lawyer serving Arlington to protect your rights. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLCfor a free case evaluation.
Our Firm Handles Many Types Of Car Accidents
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC accepts many kinds of car accident cases, including:
- Truck, bus, 18-wheeler and semi truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, and bicycle accidents
- Head-on, rear-end, or sideswipe accidents
- Drunk driving accident injuries
- Hit and run
- Accidents caused by defective parts or repairs
- Rollover collisions and single-vehicle accidents
You deserve a legal advocate who will fight for recovery on your behalf if you qualify. For a free case evaluation, please call our firm anytime..
Financial Recovery In A Car Accident Claim
It is important that you keep all medical bills and other accident-related expenses. Remember other documents, such as mileage between your home, doctor, and pharmacy. Your car accident lawyer serving Arlington will need this as proof of your financial damages.
A car accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will talk with your doctor or healthcare provider (with your permission) to assess your injuries, ability to return to work and daily life, and expected prognosis. Your lawyer will then send this information, along with your medical bills, pay stubs, police report, and other documents to the defendant’s insurance company.
You could be entitled to the financial recovery of such damages as:
- Medical expenses. This includes the cost of hospital stays, emergency treatment, long-term care services, medications, therapy, rehabilitation, and more. We can also seek awards for your future and ongoing treatment.
- Lost wages. Lost income encompasses your back pay, benefits, tips, other earnings, and retirement income. You may also qualify for awards for the loss of your earning ability if your injuries prevent you from returning to work.
- Pain and suffering. These awards, also called noneconomic damages, include financial recovery for your physical pain, scarring and disfigurement, mental anguish, emotional suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Car repair, replacement, or rental. In addition to losses related to your vehicle, you can also seek damages for any other damaged personal property, including laptops, stereos, or jewelry. You may also qualify for reimbursement for other miscellaneous expenses, such as household services.
- Wrongful death. You may qualify for wrongful death awards if your spouse, parent, or child suffered a fatal car accident injury. This may include awards for medical bills, lost inheritance, and loss of your loved one’s support, companionship, or consortium.
The sooner you call, the faster you could find out if you qualify for financial recovery. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a complimentary case evaluation.
Contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™
Since 2002, our team has focused on serving clients across Texas. Contact us for a risk-free consultation to learn more about working with our car accident lawyers in Arlington, TX.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Happens If You Were Breaking a Texas Bicycle Law During Your Accident Injury?
- Is Pain and Suffering Separate from Medical Bills?
- How Long Do You Have to File A Claim for A Slip and Fall Injury in Texas?
- Is it Always Your Fault When You Rear end Someone in Texas?
- What Are Some Questions to Ask a Houston Personal Injury Lawyer?