You cannot prepare for suffering critical and life-threatening injuries in an accident. However, when your life has been turned upside down, the steps you take afterward could have a significant impact on your future.
With help from a personal injury lawyer serving Bacliff at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, you can bring the liable party to justice and recover the financial recovery that you deserve. Contact our office for a free consultation today and learn more about what’s next for your case.
Common Types of Injuries to Sue For in Bacliff
Many personal injury victims are under the impression that their injuries must be life-threatening to have grounds for a claim. However, this is not the case. In fact, as long as your injuries have had a substantial impact on your life in some way, you may have grounds for a personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit in Bacliff.
The following are just some examples of the types of injuries we often see in personal injury cases:
- Traumatic brain damage
- Spinal cord injuries
- Third-degree burns
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
These are only a few of the more common types of injuries we see in Bacliff personal injury claims. If you are interested in finding out more about which legal options may be available to you, be sure to contact us to discuss your case going forward.
Do You Have Grounds For a Bacliff Personal Injury Claim?
As previously mentioned, the type of injury you were diagnosed with will not necessarily determine whether you have a valid case. However, there are some factors that will be taken into account.
First, you should consider how impactful your injuries have been. If your injuries have affected your life financially, psychologically, or physically, you may have the right to financial recovery.
However, you must also be able to show that someone else is responsible for causing your accident. It may not always be clear whether another party is at fault for your injuries.
For this reason, it is essential to get a personal injury lawyer serving Bacliff on your side who will be able to carefully examine the evidence in your case and conduct a thorough investigation to prove and establish liability.
How to Build a Personal Injury Case in Bacliff
To win a personal injury case in Bacliff, your attorney will need to prove liability based on a preponderance of the evidence. This is much different than the burden of proof in criminal court, which is beyond a reasonable doubt.
Here, your attorney will need to show the evidence in your case clearly supports the defendant being liable for your damages. Some of the more common types of evidence that could be used to prove fault in a Bacliff personal injury case include:
- Accident reconstructionist reports
- Injury reconstructionist reports
- Chemical blood alcohol test results
- Forensic evidence
- Photos of your injuries
- Witness statements
- Expert testimony
- Video footage of the accident
- Dashcam footage
- Bodycam footage
- Safety inspection reports
- Police and accident reports
What to Expect From Your Bacliff Personal Injury Case
The personal injury claims process in Bacliff can often be complex. In fact, many injury victims are so intimidated by pursuing personal injury insurance or civil claims that they hesitate to move forward with their case at all.
However, if you had a better idea of what to expect from your case, you may feel more confident in your decision to move forward. With that in mind, here is a general idea of what you can expect from your Bacliff personal injury claim:
- After you hire a personal injury lawyer to take on your case, we will begin investigating the cause of your injuries
- Throughout the course of the investigation, we will be gathering evidence needed to prove liability in your case
- Concurrently, we will need to calculate the value of your personal injury claim
- Once we know how much your claim is worth and who is responsible for causing your injuries, we may have the opportunity to file a claim with the insurance company
- Next, we will need to negotiate with the insurance company to secure a reasonable settlement
- If the insurance company is unwilling or unable to settle your claim for every loss, we will need to prepare to bring your case to trial
- In court, we will advocate for maximum financial recovery for your damages
Recoverable Damages for Personal Injury Claims in Bacliff
You have the right to be repaid for every way your life has been affected by your injuries. This includes economic and non-economic damages. Some of the more common types of losses covered in personal injury claims include:
- Skin scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of income
- Loss of future potential earnings
- Physical pain and suffering
- Medical expenses and equipment fees
- Property damages
- Emotional distress
- Reputational Damages
- Loss of household services
You may also be able to recover punitive damages in your case if the court finds the defendant’s actions reprehensible, grossly negligent, or egregious. Punitive damages are a way for the court system to punish the defendant beyond the compensatory damages you are owed.
Reach Out to a Personal Injury Attorney Serving Bacliff for Help Today
The personal injury claims process can be intense and overwhelming. With everything you have been through, it is easy to see why you may be hesitant to move forward with your case. However, with the right legal advocate by your side, you can maximize your financial recovery and make the at-fault party pay.
Get help from a personal injury lawyer serving Bacliff at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™. Our firm proudly offers no-cost, risk-free case evaluations to injury victims across Bacliff and nearby cities. Take advantage of this opportunity by calling our office to get started on your case as soon as today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- If I Have Been Injured In A Truck Accident Can I Sue The Trucking Company?
- How Do You Document Evidence at The Scene of a Car Accident?
- What Is the Deadline to File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit from an Auto Accident in Texas?
- Does Pain And Suffering Include Medical Bills?
- What Can I Recover After a Car Accident in Texas?