There are many unknowns after you are injured or lost a loved one in an accident. You do not have to guess about your legal rights or deal with an insurance company alone. A personal injury lawyer serving Brazoria County, TX with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can:
- Explain your legal rights
- Communicate with your healthcare provider to assess your injuries
- Investigate the details of the accident and who is liable
- File a claim and negotiate a settlement with the insurance carrier
- Represent you in court if necessary
There is no cost or obligation for you to meet with a member of our team, and our personal injury lawyers work on a contingency basis only. To learn more, call (713) 850-8600.
A Personal Injury Lawyer Works for You, not the Insurance Company
The law is complex. Many people who were hurt by others may not fully understand the extent of their legal rights. This can jeopardize your opportunity to pursue financial recovery and hold the liable party accountable.
A personal injury lawyer serving Brazoria County, TX is familiar with Texas civil law concerning liability, negligence, and statutes of limitations. This can help optimize your pursuit of recovery for damages like medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, and others.
Of course, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC cannot guarantee the outcome of your case. However, we have successfully recovered damages for many clients.
We Take Care of the Legal Issues While You Focus on Feeling Better
It takes considerable time and energy to pursue recovery from an insurance company. Some insurance carriers make it extremely difficult for an injured person with a legitimate claim. This process is even more unpleasant for you if you are recovering from your injuries, preparing for surgery, or mourning the passing of a loved one.
A personal injury law firm takes care of many functions, including:
- Examining the circumstances of your accident for a correct picture of your injuries and losses
- Figuring out who is primarily responsible
- Assessing a correct valuation of damages
- Communicating with the insurance company and/or the defendant’s lawyer
- Negotiating for the best settlement
- Protecting and preserving your rights
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
Why You Should Call Sooner Rather Than Later
Texas has a statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits under TX § 16. You generally have two years from the date of the incident to seek recovery in court. If you lost a loved one due to someone’s error, you have two years from the date your loved one passed to file a wrongful death lawsuit under TX § 71. It takes time to build a strong claim or prepare for trial.
In addition to the statute of limitations, there are other reasons for you to call a personal injury lawyer right after your accident:
- Evidence of someone’s negligence can be washed away, removed, or repaired
- Witnesses may forget key details
- Medical bills and other expenses may be due or past due
- You want to move on from this stressful experience
Our lawyers and team members understand how disruptive and frustrating a personal injury case can be. We will do all we can to resolve your case with the best outcome for you and your loved ones.
Types of Cases Our Personal Injury Lawyers Accept
If someone’s negligence caused you or a family member to suffer physical or emotional injuries, a personal injury lawyer serving Brazoria County, TX can help. Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped clients with cases that include:
- Motor vehicle accidents (auto, truck, 18-wheeler and semi-truck, bus, motorcycle, pedestrian, moped, bicycle, and scooter)
- Sexual abuse and assault (including the USC and OSU cases)
- Human trafficking victims
- Medical malpractice
- Defective medical devices and drugs
- Dog bites
- Premises liability (including drowning and inadequate security)
- Slip and fall accidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Wrongful death
You deserve to know your legal options. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
Financial Recovery You May Be Entitled to Receive
Depending on the severity of your injuries, you could recover damages for:
- Medical expenses (current and future)
- Lost wages
- Reduced earnings if you cannot return to your job
- Lifecare costs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium or companionship
Why Liability Is Important in a Personal Injury Case
Liability is the factor that decides who may be held financially accountable in a personal injury case. The typical sources of recovery include:
- Insurance coverage (auto, property, personal injury protection, or medical malpractice)
- Government or municipal entity
- Private or corporate funds
Most personal injury cases do not involve someone’s personal finances. For example, if your car was rear-ended, a lawyer would file a claim against the other driver’s auto insurance, with a minor impact on the person’s finances.
Someone’s careless act or omission may have caused your injuries. A personal injury lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will evaluate the accident to determine the following:
- Did the defendant owe a duty of care to you, the plaintiff?
- Was this duty of care breached in some way?
- Did this cause your injuries?
- Do you have damages in the form of medical bills and other expenses?
The term “duty of care” refers to a person’s expected behavior. For example, a truck driver owes other motorists a duty of care to drive safely and to take care to avoid a collision. If the truck driver runs a stop sign or in some other way does not deliver this care, they may be liable for your injuries and damages.
Call a Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Brazoria County Today
If someone caused your injuries and expenses, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation. A personal injury lawyer can help you seek recovery. Call (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Does Maximum Medical Improvement Apply to My Injury Case?
- What is the Average Settlement for a Wrongful Death Claim in Texas?
- Can I Sue for Lost Wages Resulting from a Truck Accident in Houston?
- My Loved One Was Killed In A Truck Accident, Am I Able To Sue?
- Can I Sue the Mechanic of an Auto Repair Shop for Negligence?