An 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer serving Brazoria County, TX will protect your rights and seek financial recovery for damages. You should know your legal options, including your right to pursue recovery from the liable party.
The D. Miller & Associates, PLLC team is ready to help you after an accident with services that include:
- Free case evaluation
- Filing and managing your insurance claim
- Dealing with the insurance adjuster and/or the defendant’s attorney
- Negotiating the best settlement for you and your family
- Representing you at trial if necessary
Our lawyers work on a contingency basis only. Call (713) 850-8600 to learn how our attorneys can help after an 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident in Brazoria County.
Why 18-Wheeler and Semi-Truck Accidents Are So Serious
A fully loaded 18-wheeler truck can weigh ten times more than the average automobile. It is easy to see why this massive weight difference can lead to serious injuries such as:
- Ruptured organs and internal bleeding
- Multiple broken, fractured, or crushed bones
- Torn ligaments, muscles, and tendons
- Spinal cord injuries that may lead to paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Loss of bodily function
- Loss of life
Get Immediate Medical Care if You Have Not Already
Unless you were taken to the nearest hospital with life-threatening injuries, you may not have been examined by a healthcare professional. Our lawyers urge you to do so because we know that some injuries take a few days before symptoms appear. This is particularly true for whiplash and concussions.
Please see your healthcare professional or visit a walk-in clinic. It is essential you get treatment right away and document your injuries for an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
An 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer serving Brazoria County, TX with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will explain your legal options and fight to get you the financial recovery you deserve. We can meet with you at our office or anywhere most convenient. Call (713) 850-8600 to learn more during a free case evaluation.
How You Benefit from an 18-Wheeler and Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer
Texas has complex liability and negligence laws that are daunting for most people. It is difficult to understand the process to fully protect your rights and seek potential recovery.
One of the most crucial factors in recovering damages is the correct valuation of your injuries and damages. Believe it or not, many people tend to undervalue their own expenses. This can lead to an inadequate insurance settlement that does not cover your losses.
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will:
- Make a thorough and objective evaluation of your injuries and losses
- Talk with experts about your prognosis and lifecare costs, if appropriate
- Take a careful inventory of your damaged property, including the replacement value of your vehicle and any valuables or private property
- Review police reports and witness statements
- Secure testimony and other evidence to prove liability against the other driver
These actions take time and a law firm with a staff dedicated to helping clients with personalized service. The sooner you call for a free case evaluation, the faster we can start working for you. Please call (713) 850-8600.
Seeking Recovery from the Insurance Company
In many personal injury cases, our lawyers can negotiate a fair settlement with the defendant’s insurance carrier. This saves you the financial and emotional stress of going to trial. Most defendants in an 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident prefer to settle quietly out of court, where the details of the case are confidential.
Your 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer serving Brazoria County, TX will seek financial recovery for losses such as:
- Emergency care services
- Hospital bills
- Doctor’s visits
- Other medical expenses (prescriptions, medical equipment, home health visits, etc.)
- Lost wages
- Reduced earnings if you are disabled or in some way unable to work at your previous job
- Property damage
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Wrongful death damages if you lost a family member in the collision
If your case cannot be settled to your satisfaction, Texas generally allows you two years from the date of the accident to file an injury lawsuit. Any legal action after that time will be dismissed. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC to begin the recovery process as soon as possible. Please call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
How a Lawyer Finds a Truck Driver Liable
Both truck drivers and their employers must abide by the guidelines of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). These are specific rules about safety, training, and daily operations, such as:
- Cargo weight limits and required stops at designated weigh stations
- Driver training
- Mandatory rest and sleeping breaks within a 24-hour period
- Zero tolerance for alcohol and drug use
- Regular maintenance that includes tire inspection to avoid blowouts
Many trucking companies and drivers follow these rules. Others do not, and the consequences are devastating accidents that cause catastrophic injuries or loss of life.
How We Determine Liability
Personal injury law requires a few conditions be met before you may seek recovery:
- The truck driver, or defendant, must have owed you, the plaintiff, a duty of care to take reasonable measures to prevent or avoid the collision.
- The defendant must have breached this duty (such as driving while intoxicated), causing your injuries and damages.
An 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer serving Brazoria County, TX with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will build a strong claim and hold the liable parties accountable.
You Deserve a Strong Legal Advocate
We believe that a reckless driver should be held responsible. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will protect your rights and assert a detailed claim for financial recovery.
For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Do You Need to Pay a Retainer For Our Personal Injury Lawyers?
- Can You Hire Our Personal Injury Lawyers with No Money?
- What Should You Do If Your Uber Or Lyft Driver Gets In An Accident In Texas?
- Why Do Traumatic Brain Injury Claims Have Such Large Verdicts & Settlements?
- Who Is The Best Personal Injury Lawyer in Houston, TX?