Were you or a loved one were injured in a car accident? What do you do now? Please do not guess about your legal rights. A car accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will:
- Inform you of your legal rights
- Assess your injuries and losses
- Investigate the cause of the accident and decide who may be held accountable for your injuries and damages
- File, track, and manage a detailed claim with the other driver’s insurance carrier
- Negotiate for financial recovery
- Represent you at trial if necessary
For a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
A Car Accident Lawyer Serving Brazoria County, TX Will Preserve Your Rights
Serious car accident injuries often result in medical bills. These are unexpected costs that you may not be able to cover. If the accident was the result of another party’s negligence, you should not have to pay. Personal injury cases are complex. That is why you are invited to call our firm for a free, no-obligation case evaluation so that you may understand what recovery you may be entitled to receive.
You Have a Limited Time to Pursue Recovery
Texas statutes limit the time you have to file a personal injury lawsuit. This time limit is two years from the date of the accident. However, many car accidents in Brazoria County are settled without going to trial. A car accident lawyer serving Brazoria, TX with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will pursue recovery first from the defendant’s insurance coverage. Naturally, we cannot guarantee the outcome of your case. However, we have successfully recovered damages for many clients who were injured by someone’s careless driving.
How Our Lawyers Can Help You
If you have ever been on hold with a question for your insurance company, you know that it takes time and patience. When you are trying to get the other driver’s insurance company to consider financial recovery, it takes even more preparation and energy.
Car accident injuries can be catastrophic. You may be recovering at home or you may be in the hospital. If a loved one passed away in the accident, you are mourning. In any of these situations, it is in your best interest to let a car accident lawyer be your legal advocate. This gives you time to feel better and be with your loved ones.
A car accident lawyer serving Brazoria County, TX helps with many essential functions, including:
- Evaluate your injuries based on photos, medical records, and a conversation with your healthcare provider about your prognosis.
- Figure out who is primarily responsible for the collision, your injuries, and your losses.
- Make a correct valuation of damages for both current and projected losses.
- Deal with the insurance adjuster in all matters related to your claim.
- Keep you informed about the progress of your case.
- Protect your rights under Texas law.
A member of our team is waiting to speak with you. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
Typical Financial Recovery for a Car Accident
Each accident is unique, and much depends on the extent and severity of your injuries, if the defendant was charged with a crime, or if there was a loss of life.
Typically, there are two types of damages from a car accident: special and general. Special damages are expenses such as a bill from your doctor or the mechanic. General damages are losses such as emotional trauma. You probably have both types of damages, and could seek recovery for:
- Current and projected medical and lifecare costs
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning ability if injuries prevent you from returning to your prior job
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Disability (temporary or permanent)
- Disfigurement (and reconstructive or rehabilitative treatment)
Financial Recovery for Wrongful Death from a Car Accident
If you lost a loved one due to someone’s error, you have two years from the date of passing to file a wrongful death lawsuit under Texas law. A car accident lawyer serving Brazoria County, TX with our firm can pursue financial recovery for family members which may include:
- Your loved one’s medical bills until passing
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering
- Final expenses (funeral and burial costs)
- Your pain and suffering and mental anguish
- Loss of income had your loved one lived a normal lifetime
- Loss of consortium, companionship, protection, and guidance
Please accept our sympathies if you lost a loved one in a car accident. Our lawyers can help you and your family during this tragic event. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 to learn more.
The Sooner You Call, the Sooner We Can Get to Work for You
We know that life after a car accident is stressful. You are not feeling well and there may be increasing bills because of another driver’s negligence. That is why we invite you to reach out to a car accident lawyer from our firm as soon as you can. Filing a robust claim is rarely a quick process. You want to be sure that you have the choice of filing a personal injury lawsuit within the statute of limitations.
Services that a car accident lawyer may perform to help get you financial recovery:
- Review evidence such as photos, videos, medical records, and the defendant’s driving history
- Read police reports
- Examine witness statements and if necessary, ask additional questions
- Speak with your healthcare provider about your injuries
- Ensure that a correct valuation of your losses is complete and up to date
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped clients pursue financial recovery. We are ready to stand up for you.
Call a Car Accident Lawyer to Learn More
If a careless driver caused you physical and emotional injuries, you deserve a legal advocate who will pursue recovery on your behalf. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Does Not Wearing A Helmet Affect Your Motorcycle Accident Injury Case In Texas?
- How Do Personal Injury Lawyers Get Their Attorneys’ Fees in Texas?
- Are There Any Downsides To Having The Texas Minimum For Auto Insurance In An Accident?
- What Happens If You Were Breaking a Texas Bicycle Law During Your Accident Injury?
- What if You Have Trouble Paying Medical Bills After a Serious Car Accident?