According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, truck accidents are among the worst motor vehicle accidents. An oversized truck can easily demolish a standard car and cause severe injuries to occupants. The injuries are even more serious for a motorcycle rider, bicyclist, or pedestrian.
You might be entitled to financial recovery for injury and damages if a truck accident lawyer serving Brazoria County, TX proves that the other party is primarily responsible for the accident. To learn more, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
We Help You and Your Family Seek Financial Recovery
A truck accident disrupts your entire life. Not only are you injured, but you also have unexpected medical bills and other losses. If you cannot work and are not being paid, you become more stressed about how you will cover these added costs.
You have a legal right to speak with an attorney and to seek recovery for damages.
Our process for financial recovery may include:
- Analysis of the conditions and circumstances of the accident.
- Reading police reports and witness statements.
- Reviewing other driver’s version of events, driving history, and if there were charges from the accident.
- Talking to your healthcare provider (with your permission) about your injuries and whether you will be able to return to your job and lifestyle prior to the accident.
- Calculating your damages including future medical and lifecare costs.
A truck accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will file an insurance claim with the defendant’s carrier. They can also represent you at trial if necessary. Our lawyers work on a contingency basis only.
For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
Why You Should Consult a Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accidents can be complex. In many cases, they involve several liable parties. There are also several rules and regulations that might affect your case of which you might not be aware of.
Most people lack the legal knowledge or experience about Texas liability and negligence laws. The defendant’s insurance company, however, may have a team of lawyers that can readily counter your claim. You have one opportunity to seek recovery and you do not want to unknowingly jeopardize the outcome.
There are other benefits for you when a truck accident lawyer serving Brazoria County, TX represents you:
- Many people actually undervalue their damages, but a lawyer can objectively evaluate your current and future losses and seek appropriate recovery.
- You may be recovering from severe injuries and not feeling well enough to spend the necessary time and energy on your own.
- Truck accidents can often be settled out of court with a lawyer who has experience with the negotiation process.
- You have a limited amount of time to file a personal injury lawsuit if for some reason the case cannot be settled. TX § 16 limits the time you have to file a truck accident lawsuit to two years after the accident.
If a careless driver injured you, you deserve to know your legal options. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Financial Recovery for Your Losses
You may be entitled to financial recovery for lost income, medical bills, and car repairs. If you lost a family member in the accident, you and other surviving loved ones may be entitled to damages with a wrongful death insurance claim or lawsuit.
Some accident-related losses that we have recovered for other clients include:
- Ambulance and emergency department services
- Physical therapy and other rehabilitation for physical and emotional injuries
- Lab work and prescription drugs
- Car repair, rental, or replacement
- Property damage
- Lost income and/or reduced earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Financial Recovery for Wrongful Death
If you are grieving the loss of a loved one from the accident, the last thing you may be thinking about is financial recovery. However, the reality is that if your family member was a key source of income, their passing affects your ability to pay medical bills, your mortgage, and other necessary expenses.
A truck accident lawyer serving Brazoria County, TX with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will seek recovery for expenses such as:
- Medical bills for your loved one until they passed away
- Final expenses
- Lost wages and benefits had your loved one lived a normal life expectancy
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium or companionship
Allow us to be your strong legal advocate to get the recovery you deserve. For a free case evaluation at our office, your home, or anywhere most convenient, call (713) 850-8600.
Proving Liability and Seeking Recovery
A truck accident lawyer will establish the following to prove the other party is liable:
- The truck driver owed you a duty of care to avoid the collision if possible.
- The truck driver breached this duty in some way, e.g., speeding.
- This caused your injuries.
- You suffered damages in the form of medical bills, lost wages, and mental anguish.
Once we determine the liable party (or parties, if there is more than one defendant), we have options for potential recovery:
- We file a claim against the defendant’s insurance coverage.
- We file a personal injury lawsuit against the defendant.
- If the truck driver was uninsured, we pursue recovery from your uninsured motorist insurance.
We Pursue the Financial Recovery You Deserve
You should not have to suffer financially because of a negligent driver. A truck accident lawyer serving Brazoria County, TX will defend your rights and seek financial recovery. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC: (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Can Pedestrians Be At Fault For Road Accidents In Texas?
- What Happens If Your Car Accident Was Caused By A Defect Or Repair Mistake In Texas?
- What Should You Do If You Are Injured In Bicycle Accident In Texas?
- How Do You Prove A Property Owner Was Negligent in A Premises Liability Case?
- What Do I Do If I Was a Victim of George Tyndall at USC?