Most people are not aware of what to do after a bicycle accident. That is why you should call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation. A bicycle accident lawyer with our firm is a reliable, confidential source of legal knowledge. You deserve to know your legal options and if you are entitled to financial recovery from the liable party. Call your bicycle lawyer today at (713) 850-8600.
First Get Medical Care
Our bicycle accident lawyers are here to protect your rights and help you pursue financial recovery. However, your very first action after an accident is to get medical care if you did not receive it at the scene.
Some bicycle accidents result in extensive injuries that may include:
- Broken, fractured, or crushed bones
- Traumatic brain injury
- Torn ligaments, tendons, or muscle
- Internal bleeding that leads to organ damage or loss of a bodily system function
- Spine and nerve injuries
Please follow your healthcare provider’s recommendations and then call a bicycle accident lawyer serving Brookshire, TX about potential recovery.
Why You Should Call a Bicycle Accident Lawyer Right Away
You should not delay obtaining medical attention or legal counsel after a bicycle accident. We recommend calling our firm as soon as you can after the collision for the following reasons:
- The clock starts ticking on the statute of limitations to file a personal injury lawsuit (you have two years under Texas law).
- The other driver’s insurance adjuster or lawyer may contact you and try to pressure you into a quick settlement.
- Your medical bills and other accident-related expenses can quickly pile up.
- It is important to talk to witnesses while their memories are fresh and more accurate.
- You do not want to risk losing key evidence.
Many personal injury lawsuits begin as insurance claims. A bicycle accident lawyer serving Brookshire, TX needs time to prepare a convincing case for trial if the insurance company will not offer a fair settlement. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation so we may begin working on your behalf right away.
Our Firm Seeks Financial Recovery for Bicycle Accident Victims
Our bicycle accident lawyers have helped many clients who were injured or disabled while riding. We seek financial recovery for losses that may include:
- Medical expenses including urgent or emergency care, surgery, hospitalization, therapy, prescription drugs, and other treatments
- Lost wages
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Reduced income potential from disability or injury
- Loss of consortium or companionship
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
Our Process for Financial Recovery
One of the most important benefits of having bicycle accident lawyers on your side is that they can objectively assess your injuries, damages, and potential for future losses. In our experience, some bicycle accident victims tend to minimize the damages they obtain, simply because they are unfamiliar or intimidated by the insurance claim process.
Our bicycle accident lawyers are familiar with the tactics that an insurance carrier may use to deny or delay your claim. Our professionals can effectively respond to a lowball offer by providing a full valuation of your injuries and damages.
Our Process Is Careful and Confidential
Our bicycle accident lawyers follow a thorough process in which we may:
- Read police reports
- Review witness statements and if necessary, conduct follow-up interviews
- Obtain a full medical record of your accident injuries and prognosis, including when (or if) you can return to work
- Calculate expected medical expenses
- Get a full valuation of your damages
- View photos or videos of the accident scene, your damaged property, and any other photographic evidence
- Communicate with the insurance adjuster and/or the defendant’s lawyer
- Request a copy of the motorist’s driving history
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will do all we can to get the financial recovery you may be entitled to receive. The sooner you call, the faster we can get to work for you. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
Liability in a Bicycle Accident Case
Whether we are filing an insurance claim against the other driver’s insurance or a personal injury lawsuit, our lawyers will build a compelling case that meets the burden of proof in a civil case.
You may be entitled to financial recovery if we prove the following:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care to be a safe driver and to obey the rules of the road.
- The defendant breached this duty of care in some way, such as driving while intoxicated or running a red light.
- This negligent action caused your injury.
- These injuries resulted in damages in the form of pain and suffering, medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses.
Sometimes there is more than one liable party. If this applies in your case, a bicycle accident lawyer serving Brookshire, TX with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will pursue recovery from both directly and vicariously liable parties.
We Offer Free Case Evaluations
Contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation. Our bicycle accident lawyers work on a contingency basis only. It is our goal to get you the financial recovery you deserve after a bicycle accident in Brookshire, TX.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- After An Accident With A Commercial Truck, Do I Sue The Company Or The Driver?
- What Can You Recover for a Wrongful Death From a Truck Accident in Texas?
- What’s The Average Wrongful Death Settlement In Texas?
- What Is The Average Settlement For A Car Accident?
- My Child Was Injured At School – Can I Sue?