A traumatic brain injury is a serious wound that requires immediate medical care. If you or a loved one have suffered from traumatic brain injury under someone else’s responsibility, you could be entitled to financial recovery. A traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Brookshire, TX can help.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 to get started.
Signs and Symptoms of a Traumatic Brain Injury
A concussion is a mild form of traumatic brain injury. You should seek medical care for any significant bump, blow, or jolt to the head. An untreated brain injury may quickly become a life-threatening event if there is swelling of the brain or if a piece of the skull has penetrated brain tissue.
However, some people with a traumatic brain injury may feel fine for a day or so after being injured. That is why all head injuries should be seen at once.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, some symptoms of a traumatic brain injury include:
- Difficulty concentrating
- Difficulty remembering new information
- Fuzzy or blurry vision
- Nausea or vomiting
- Dramatic changes in sleeping patterns
- More emotional responses
If you or a loved one exhibit these symptoms, consult a physician. There may be no time to waste because traumatic brain injuries can lead to brain damage, coma, or loss of life.
Negligence Often Plays a Part in Traumatic Brain Injury
The most common causes of a traumatic brain injury are:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Falls or objects falling on the head
- Sports, particularly contact sports
- Acts of violence
Negligence is often involved in these events. For example, a pedestrian suffers a traumatic brain injury after slipping on a patch of ice. Consult a traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Brookshire, TX to find out if you are entitled to financial recovery due to negligence.
Our legal and professional team is ready to help you. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Proving Negligence in a Traumatic Brain Injury Case
Traumatic brain injuries are devastating to your family’s physical, emotional, and financial well-being. The medical bills alone can be overwhelming. It is your proper and legal right to seek financial recovery from those responsible. A lawyer with our firm will aggressively pursue this recovery on your behalf.
Financial recovery begins with proving negligence. A traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Brookshire, TX with our firm will examine your case to determine liability. This examination will determine if:
- The defendant owed you, the plaintiff, a duty of care to take reasonable steps to prevent the injury. An example of care is the expectation that all licensed drivers follow the rules of the road.
- The defendant breached this duty of care for some reason, such as a driver who got behind the wheel despite being intoxicated.
- This breach caused your injury.
- You now have financial damages in the form of lost wages, medical expenses, mental anguish, and other losses.
Our firm has successfully recovered damages for many other clients. We would be honored to help your family obtain the financial recovery you deserve. Please contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
Traumatic Brain Injuries Are Incredibly Expensive
Sometimes a brain injury is so severe that the victim can no longer perform daily activities, such as eating, dressing, and using the bathroom. When this happens, a family must either pay for a home health aide or other healthcare professionals, or else the burden of care falls onto family members.
Our brain injury lawyers believe that the responsible party should be held accountable for your damages. These may include:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lifecare costs
- Medical equipment and adaptive devices
- Physical, speech, respiratory, or occupational therapy
- Mental health care
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning ability for family members who become caregivers
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of companionship
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
hen a Traumatic Brain Injury Takes the Life of a Loved One
If you lost a loved one from a brain injury due to someone’s negligence, please accept our sympathies.
When someone passes away from another’s negligence, it is called a wrongful death or survival claim. Texas allows certain family members to seek recovery that may include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lost income for a normal life expectancy, including bonuses, benefits, and other financial assets
- Medical bills until your loved one’s demise
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of companionship, consortium, protection, or support
A traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Brookshire, TX with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can file a wrongful death or survival lawsuit for a surviving parent, spouse, or child. For more information and free case evaluation, please call (713) 850-8600.
Please Contact a Brain Injury Lawyer Serving Brookshire, TX
As a valued client, you will be treated with care and consideration. All communication between you and your lawyer is privileged.
If you or a loved one suffered a traumatic brain injury caused by someone’s negligence, you could be entitled to financial recovery. A brain injury lawyer will pursue recovery for medical bills, pain and suffering, wrongful death, and other damages. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC works on a contingency basis.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Should I Take An Ambulance After A Car Accident In Houston?
- How Do You Afford a Lifetime of Medical Bills After a Spinal Cord Injury In An Accident?
- Does the At-Fault Party’s Insurance Pay Your Car Accident Damages in Texas?
- What Is The OSU Collegiate Sexual Assault Settlement?
- How Do I Get a Police Report for a Car Accident In Houston?