Some of the most serious kinds of traffic accidents involve buses. Bus accident victims often face significant injuries or disabilities in such a collision.
A bus accident lawyer serving Brookshire, TX helps all types of bus accident victims including:
- Bus passengers
- Pedestrians waiting at a bus stop or crossing the street
- Riders of mopeds, bicycles, motorcycles, or scooters
It is your right to hire a bus accident lawyer to file an insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit on your behalf. For a free case evaluation with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, please call (713) 850-8600.
We Handle Many Types of Bus Accident Cases
Our bus accident lawyers can help you get financial recovery for different bus accident scenarios, such as:
- Public transportation (buses run by a city or municipality)
- Private buses, such as charter buses and motor coaches
- Interstate and intrastate buses
- Church buses
- School buses
Bus accident claims are more complex because they typically involve more than one liable party and often, more than one plaintiff. If you were injured on a city bus, you may be entitled to financial recovery, but the process is more challenging because you are dealing with a government entity. That is why your first call—after getting medical care—should be to a bus accident lawyer serving Brookshire, TX with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC. We have a deep understanding of Texas liability and negligence laws to help you get the financial recovery you may deserve.
You May Be Entitled to Financial Recovery
Bus drivers in Texas are held to the highest standards of training, skill, and safety. Whether a bus driver is operating a school bus or a city bus, all drivers must pass the necessary tests given by the Texas Department of Public Safety for a commercial driver’s license.
Bus companies and drivers must also adhere to federal safety standards imposed by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration that restrict how many hours a bus driver may drive in a given period. Buses themselves are expected to be properly maintained and kept in safe working order.
A Bus Accident Lawyer Digs Deep into the Cause to Determine Liability
A bus accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will conduct a thorough investigation into the circumstances of your accident. It is important to have a complete valuation of your injuries and damages to seek proper financial recovery.
This process will include an evaluation of evidence such as:
- Bus driver’s log and record book
- Bus maintenance and repair logs
- Safety and training procedures
- Police reports
- Witness statements
- Photos, scans, and medical notes about your accident-related injuries
- Projected health prognosis
- Videos and photos of the accident scenes and damaged vehicles
- Copies of your damages such as medical bills, lost pay, and other losses
It takes time to compile a strong insurance claim and if necessary, to take your case to trial. Texas Civil Code Chapter 16 limits the time you have to file a personal injury claim for your bus accident injuries and damages within two years of the date of the collision. Let us get started on your case right away. Please call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Establishing Who Is Responsible for Your Injuries and Damages
Bus accidents have many causes. Many are caused by negligence, such as a bus driver looking down at a cell phone instead of the road. Others are caused by a mechanical failure or a defective part. Whatever caused your bus accident, you may rest assured that a bus accident lawyer serving Brookshire, TX from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will do everything possible to get you the financial recovery you may deserve.
Proving liability and negligence in a bus accident depends on our ability to do the following:
- Establish that the driver owed a duty of care to passengers, motorists, and pedestrians to obey traffic laws and avoid an accident whenever possible.
- Show that the driver did not uphold this duty for some reason (such as texting while driving or exceeding the limits of safe driving).
- This breach caused your injuries.
- You now have medical bills, pain and suffering, and other damages because of your injuries.
In some bus accidents, there is more than one liable party. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will name those responsible and hold them accountable for their negligence.
Types of Damages That May Be Recovered in a Bus Accident
Your specific damages will depend on the severity of your injuries, the length of time it will take you to recuperate, and if you are expected to make a full return to your job, family, and daily activities. In general, many bus accident victims seek recovery for:
- Medical expenses including emergency care, hospital stays, and other costs
- Lost wages
- Temporary or permanent disability and associated medical and domestic costs
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death if a loved one passed away due to bus accident injuries
Our bus accident lawyers, associates, and other team members are committed to helping you and your family get the recovery you deserve. Our lawyers work on a contingency basis only. There is no cost or obligation when you call to find out how we can help. Please contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Do You Get For Pain And Suffering After A Car Accident In Texas?
- What Do I and My Lawyer Need to File Against UCLA for Sexual Abuse?
- What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Texas
- Can You Hire Our Personal Injury Lawyers with No Money?
- Can You File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit if Someone Dies in a Fatal Motorcycle Accident in Texas?