There are two people who are trained to help you after a car accident. The first person is your healthcare provider. The second person is a car accident lawyer who will protect your rights and help you seek financial recovery for your medical bills, lost wages, and other losses.
A car accident can leave you injured and frustrated. Please get medical attention if you have not already, and then call us for a free case evaluation. A car accident lawyer serving Brookshire, TX, from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will take care of seeking recovery so you can focus on recovery.
Let a Car Accident Lawyer Deal with the Insurance Adjuster
A car accident lawyer serving Brookshire understands Texas liability laws. The lawyer is also familiar with how insurance companies may try to lowball a plaintiff’s claim. That is why we recommend against speaking with an insurance adjuster until you have discussed your case with a car accident lawyer.
There are a few reasons why it is best to leave communication and negotiation with an insurance adjuster to a car accident lawyer:
- You deserve rest to recuperate from your injuries.
- You may inadvertently jeopardize your claim if you make a written or recorded statement while you are recuperating or taking pain medicine for your injuries.
- You might feel pressured to accept a lowball offer from the insurance company.
Remember, it is your legal right to have a car accident lawyer represent you. This includes your right to have a lawyer pursue potential recovery on your behalf. Our lawyers work on a contingency basis only.
How a Car Accident Lawyer Can Help You Obtain Financial Recovery
A car accident lawyer must show that it is more likely than not that the defendant’s negligence caused your injuries and damages. To prove liability, a lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will carefully review the circumstances of your accident, including:
- Police and accident reports
- Witness statements
- Your account of what happened before, during, and after the accident
- Photos and/or videos of the accident scene including road debris, skid marks, bent guard rails, and your damaged vehicle
- Medical report of your accident-related injuries
- Relevant traffic laws
- Defendant’s driving history
A car accident lawyer will objectively assess your injuries and damages for a correct evaluation. You do not want to accept an insurance settlement that is inadequate for your current or expected medical needs or ability to return to your job.
If you were recently injured in a car accident, get in touch with a car accident lawyer before you speak with the insurance adjuster.
Financial Recovery After a Car Accident
There are two kinds of damages that you may be entitled to recover: special damages and general damages. Special damages are items with a proven cost, such as a bill for an MRI. General damages, like pain and suffering, are equally important but less tangible.
You could be entitled to financial recovery for damages such as:
- Medical expenses (past and expected)
- Lost wages
- Lifecare costs
- Reduced earning ability because of injury
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium or companionship
- Mental anguish
- Disability (temporary or permanent)
If you lost a family member in a car accident, a car accident lawyer in Brookshire, TX can help you seek justice and the financial recovery you and your family need for support during this difficult time. This may include damages like funeral expenses, pain and suffering, loss of income, and loss of companionship.
We Accept Many Kinds of Motor Vehicle Accident Cases
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped many injured clients in similar situations to your own. We understand that you might be upset about these unexpected events and challenges. Our car accident lawyers in Brookshire, TX, are familiar with many types of motor vehicle accidents:
- Car accidents
- Hit and run
- Rear-end and head-on collisions
- 18-wheeler and semi-truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Moped and scooter accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Drunk driving with injuries
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Bus accidents (including school, charter, and city buses)
- Defective parts and repairs
There is no charge for you to discuss your case with a member of our firm. If you are not feeling well enough to come to our office, we can meet with you at any location. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
You Have a Limited Time to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
Under Texas Civil Code Chapter 16, a person has two years from the date of the accident in which to file a personal injury lawsuit. It takes time to gather the necessary materials and it is also important to talk to witnesses before memories fade. Please do not delay in seeking potential recovery for your injuries and damages.
Recommendations from a Car Accident Lawyer
In our experience, here are suggestions to help make your life easier after a car accident in Brookshire, TX:
- Follow your healthcare provider’s recommendations for treatment, which may include post-surgical care, therapy, and prescription medicine.
- Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation before you speak with the insurance company.
- Keep copies of all your medical bills, car repairs, pay stubs, and other proof of your financial damages.
- Stay silent about your accident on social media to avoid jeopardizing your case.
- Discuss your case only with your lawyer.
Call Us Today to Get Started
If you were injured in a car accident, you deserve to know your legal options including potential recovery. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Happens If You Get In An Accident In An Uber In Texas?
- Can You Sue For Distracted Driving Accidents In Texas?
- What Are Your Legal Rights If Your Child Was Injured or Killed Riding A Bicycle in Texas?
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Car Accident?
- How Do You Document Evidence at The Scene of a Car Accident?