Motorcycles have an advantage over cars when it comes to fuel economy, easy maneuvering, and the other features unique to motorcycles. However, motorcycle riders and passengers are at a disadvantage when it comes to collisions.
If you were hurt in a motorcycle collision, a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Brookshire, TX with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you pursue financial recovery. This recovery may be for damages such as emergency care, doctor’s visits, lost pay, and other losses.
For a free case evaluation, please call (713) 850-8600.
Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Seek Financial Recovery for You
Motorcycle accidents are a personal injury that allows the plaintiff to seek recovery from the liable party. Even if you played a small part in the accident, you could still be entitled to financial recovery. Texas liability laws are complex. That is why you should not hesitate to call a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Brookshire, TX.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will vigorously pursue recovery for damages such as:
- Property damage including motorcycle repairs or replacement if it cannot be fixed
- Medical bills such as ambulance, doctor’s appointments, prescriptions, and other related costs
- Lost wages while you were recuperating at home or in the hospital
- Reduced earning ability if your injuries keep you from returning to your pre-accident job
- Loss of consortium or companionship
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
A lawyer with our firm will help you get the recovery you deserve.
Careless Drivers Should Be Held Accountable
Many circumstances can lead to a motorcycle accident. Most collisions are caused by another driver’s negligence. You can seek financial recovery for their reckless or neglectful actions.
As motorcycle accident lawyers, we have seen all the ways motorcycle accidents occur. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, some of the most common include:
- Motorists who do not see the motorcycle and change lanes or turn in their path.
- Driving too fast for the speed limit, weather conditions, or traffic.
- Motorists who force motorcycles off the road and into a fixed object, such as a guardrail, mailbox, or tree.
- One or more parties are driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Distracted driving, such as texting or using a cell phone.
- Motorists who run a red light or stop sign, or do not yield when they should.
Of course, some motorcycle accidents are caused by road debris or a defective part. Our motorcycle accident lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you in these situations and many others. All you have to do is call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation and we can get started on your case.
Many Cases Are Settled Through Insurance Claims
You may have exchanged insurance and contact information with the other driver. Give that information to a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Brookshire, TX. We will take care of the many details involved in filing a claim against the liable party’s insurance. You should not have to deal with an insurance carrier while you are still injured or recuperating.
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will make sure that your losses are properly valued before seeking financial recovery. This careful process includes:
- Evaluating your injuries and expected prognosis with the help of your healthcare provider
- Getting an exact property damage report
- Securing evidence to prove the other party’s liability
- Assessing your current and future medical bills, lifecare costs, and other potential losses
What Your Lawyer May Need from You
While a motorcycle accident lawyer serving Brookshire will help you pursue recovery, there are a few things that your lawyer may ask you to do:
- Keep all medical bills, receipts, expenses, canceled checks, and credit card statements related to the accident.
- Remember to include a pay stub as proof of lost wages.
- Politely decline to speak to the insurance adjuster and refer all questions to your attorney.
- Refrain from discussing the accident or posting photos on social media.
- Sign an authorization allowing your lawyer to talk with your healthcare provider and to speak on your behalf to the defendant’s insurance adjuster or lawyer.
Texas Has a Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Lawsuits
Our motorcycle accident lawyers are negotiators who recognize the potential delay tactics of some insurance companies. We commonly counter their first offer, especially when it concerns general damages such as pain and suffering.
If we cannot reach an acceptable insurance settlement, our lawyers are well-equipped to take your case to court. Texas has a statute of limitations of two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit, so we must act quickly.
It takes time to build a successful claim or case. Let us get started today.
We Are Here to Help
Please do not take chances with your legal rights or potential financial recovery for your injuries and damages. A motorcycle accident lawyer serving Brookshire, TX from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will seek recovery for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. We work on a contingency basis.
We offer a complimentary consultation for you to speak with a member of our firm. We want to help you get the recovery you may deserve. Please call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Seven Things to Know Before Speaking With an Insurance Adjuster
- What Injuries Can You Get from a Fall?
- Do You Need To Hire A Lawyer To Recover Money For A Slip And Fall Injury?
- When Do You Need to Involve the Police After an Auto Accident in Texas?
- What If I Didn’t Realize I Was Injured Until Weeks After My Accident?