Slip and fall accidents can leave you with a few bumps and bruises. They can also leave you with a head injury and unable to do the activities you used to enjoy. It is essential that you see a doctor or other medical professional after a slip and fall accident. You could be seriously injured. How will you cover these unexpected medical costs, especially if you must take time off from work?
You may feel overwhelmed after a slip and fall accident. Fortunately, you have a trusted legal advocate who is ready to help you right away. A slip and fall lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC serving Brookshire will protect your rights and seek the recovery you may be entitled to receive.
For a free case evaluation, please call (713) 850-8600.
We Handle All Types of Slip and Falls, No Matter How They Happened
Slip and fall accidents can happen anywhere at any time. Most accidents are not caused by malicious intent. It is more likely that a slip and fall accident is the result of careless actions or lack of attention to safety and maintenance, such as:
- Torn carpet or tread on a stair, walkway, or entrance
- Slick floor from spilled liquids or leaks
- Unprotected cables or power cords
- Unmarked steps
- Insufficient lighting in a parking garage or sidewalk
- Debris or other hazards in an aisle or walkway
We recommend you call an injury lawyer no matter how your injuries occurred. It is our experience that most people do not know their legal options. This includes their right to pursue financial recovery for things like medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
There is no charge to speak with a member of our firm about your case. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation. We work on a contingency basis.
A Slip and Fall Lawyer Can Pursue Financial Recovery for You
Property owners and landlords whose negligence caused your slip and fall should be held accountable if they did not take proper precautions to prevent your fall.
You could be entitled to financial recovery for damages such as:
- Medical bills including ambulance transport, medical tests, prescriptions, and other related expenses
- Lost wages for the time you could not work because of injuries
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Significant injuries mean higher medical bills. If you suffered a catastrophic injury, you may need extensive rehabilitation. Some injuries are so severe that a slip and fall victim needs lifelong care. Most families are unable to shoulder this financial burden alone. A slip and fall lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will pursue the recovery you deserve.
Proving Liability in Your Brookshire Slip and Fall Case
There is a reason our slip and fall lawyers encourage you to take pictures (if possible) of the accident scene and what caused your accident. Some unscrupulous property owners may quickly remove, replace, or repair the hazard that caused you to be injured.
However, there are other ways that a lawyer can show liability and get you the recovery you may be entitled to receive:
- Establishing that the property owner owed you a duty of care to keep the store, home, or business free of hazards and safe for you to enter.
- Showing that the property owner breached this duty of care in some way, such as a failure to warn about a slick floor or a cable that was stretched across a walkway.
- Demonstrating that this breach caused you physical and emotional injuries, which caused financial losses in the form of doctor’s bills, medical aids such as crutches, or pain and suffering.
Our team is ready to start working on your case right away. Please call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Do Not Delay Filing a Claim or Lawsuit
Here is why we recommend that you do not delay seeking recovery after a slip and fall accident:
- If you delay contacting an attorney and seeking recovery, an insurance adjuster could question the time gap as proof that your claim is not valid.
- Your lawyer can help you document work absences so that you may claim workers’ compensation or other benefits if you were hurt on the job.
- You can begin to get your life back to normal sooner.
You have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit under Texas Civil Code Chapter 16. If you fail to file within this time, you will likely be unable to obtain any recovery.
We Are Dedicated to Helping Injured People
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has been helping people who were injured by someone’s negligence. In addition to slip and fall injuries we also represent people who were injured as a result of the carelessness of others in:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Sexual assault
- Medical malpractice
- Premises liability
- Wrongful death
Please call D. Miller & Associates at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.