What are the most common causes of cerebral palsy?
What Causes Cerebral Palsy? Below are some reasons in which your child may have developed cerebral palsy:
- An emergency C-section was performed after hours of trying vaginally. This causes the baby to be overly distressed in the birth canal
- Unsuccessfully trying to induce labor for hours, then performing a C-section, causing fetal distress.
- The medical staff failed to determine if the water broke in a reasonable amount of time
- The mother was informed she was of high risk and was improperly notified of her proper recommendations
- The doctor failed to determine the risk of the baby being stuck and deprived the fetus of oxygen
- The baby sustained head injuries
- The nursing staff failed to monitor the fetal heart rate
- The doctor failed to determine the umbilical cord was wrapped around the baby’s neck causing lack of oxygen
What Are Some Symptoms of Cerebral Palsy?
Symptoms in a child or infant with cerebral palsy will undoubtedly be based on the severity of the brain injury. Some of the more serious symptoms can include:
- Constant shaking of extremities
- Uncontrollable movement
- Difficulty with eating and speaking
In some cases, these symptoms could be confined to one part of the body. If your child has not been officially diagnosed there are many centers around the country who will be able to give a proper diagnosis.
- Reaching or grabbing for objects
- Rolling over
What You Should Do Now?
If you find yourself in a situation where you believe your child’s cerebral palsy may have been prevented, we encourage you to contact the legal team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC. We are providing free consultations for any parent who is interested in learning more as compensation may be available to you. Each state has their own deadlines in which you can file the suit, so we encourage you to act quickly. A cerebral palsy legal team member will investigate your case and obtain medical records on your be half to start building a cerebral palsy lawsuit. There are never any fees unless we recover a compensation for you. Please call 1-800-515-9181 or use the form on this page to contact us immediately.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Happens If Your Car Accident Was Caused By A Defect Or Repair Mistake In Texas?
- Can You File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit if Someone Dies in a Fatal Motorcycle Accident in Texas?
- How Do You Know If You Have a Good Personal Injury Case?
- Is Lane Splitting Legal In Texas In 2019?
- If I Have Been Injured In A Truck Accident Can I Sue The Trucking Company?