Some of the most serious traffic accidents involve commercial vehicles, particularly if it is a truck, van, or another oversized vehicle. The greater size and weight of certain commercial vehicles usually means an increased risk of severe injury or loss of life.
If you or a loved one sustained injuries in a commercial vehicle accident, or if you’ve lost a loved one in this type of collision, you may be entitled to recover damages.
However, you have a limited time to take legal action. We invite you to call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today for a free case evaluation. Our lawyers serving Channelview, Texas, may be able to help you recover medical bills, lost pay, and other losses.
Call (713) 850-8600 to speak with a team member now.
What You Can Do if You Are Injured
The most critically important action after any kind of motor vehicle accident is to seek medical care. You cannot judge the extent of your injuries based on the condition of your vehicle. You might be injured even if your car sustained little damage.
If you have not done so already, see your doctor or another medical professional. Our lawyers recommend these additional steps after a commercial vehicle accident:
- Do not speak to the insurance adjuster until you have a chance to consult with an attorney.
- Keep all medical bills, car repairs, and other proof of expenses.
- Follow your healthcare professional’s guidance for surgery, prescription medicine, rest, and other post-accident medical instructions.
- Avoid posting photos and comments about the accident or the other driver on social media.
It is your right to consult a lawyer and, if you choose, to hire a lawyer to help you recover damages. Even though hiring a lawyer does not guarantee the outcome of your case, having a legal advocate by your side will protect and preserve your rights.
What a Commercial Accident Lawyer May Do for You
Texas has specific statutes for liability and negligence. Our lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC know and understand these statutes. We can help you navigate the legal maze to pursue financial recovery from all liable parties.
Each case is different, but our typical recovery process includes:
- Explaining your legal options during a free case evaluation so you can make an informed decision
- Conducting a thorough examination to uncover the cause, timeline, events, and parties that caused the accident and your injuries
- Assigning a value for your damages
- Seeking recovery from the responsible party’s insurance carrier
- Taking your case to trial if the other side refuses to negotiate in good faith
It would be our privilege to help you and your family recover damages from a negligent driver. Call (713) 850-8600 today for your free case evaluation.
We Take Care of the Details While You Focus on Feeling Better
Your injuries may have forced you to stay home and rest. You might have significant rehabilitation or other recuperative treatment. Whatever your health situation, you do not need the additional stress of dealing with the insurance adjuster or the defendant’s lawyer.
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC takes care of the many details to help you recover damages, including:
- Getting copies of the police and accident reports
- Talking to your medical provider about your injuries and prognosis
- Obtaining expert testimony, when needed
- Interviewing witnesses
- Securing evidence from the accident scene, including photos or videos
- Filing and managing your insurance claim
It is important that you contact us as soon as possible. Evidence can erode or be removed, and it is our goal to build as strong a claim as possible.
What Type of Damages You Might Recover
Typically, the more severe your injuries, the more expenses you incur from medical care and lost pay. There are other damages that you may not think about, such as the time away from your loved ones while you are in the hospital or being unable to participate in daily activities.
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can objectively assess the extent of your losses and will seek damages that could include:
- Medical treatment
- Lifecare expenses
- Lost pay
- Diminished earning ability due to disability or condition related to the accident
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Property damage
We may be able to obtain financial recovery through an insurance settlement. This settlement saves you the emotional and financial stress of going to court. You should know that under Texas Civil Code §16.003 you have just two years to file a personal injury lawsuit.
You deserve to keep all your legal options open, so call today for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
We Accept Many Kinds of Commercial Vehicle Accidents
Our law firm has a wide practice area that includes many kinds of commercial vehicle accidents. You should call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC if you or a loved one suffered injuries in an accident caused by:
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Drunk driving (DWI)
- Speeding, failure to yield, and other reckless driving
- Defective tires, parts, or repairs
- Hit and run
- Head-on collision
- Rear-end accidents
- Left turns
- Road rage
- And more
Our lawyers can help if you suffered injuries as a motorist, motorcycle rider, bicyclist, or pedestrian.
Commercial Accidents Are a Growing Problem
In 2018, there were 37,515 accidents involving commercial vehicles, according to the Texas Department of Transportation (TDOT) crash statistics. Unfortunately, this statistic will probably grow as Channelview attracts more and more residents.
We Represent You Every Step of the Way
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped countless clients recover damages from negligent drivers. We believe that you should not suffer twice from negligence and will help you all we can to obtain the recovery you deserve.
For a free case evaluation, call a commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Channelview today at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- I Was Injured While Riding As A Passenger On A Bus, Who Can I Sue?
- What is ‘Loss of Future Earning Capacity’ & How Does it Apply to Injury Cases?
- How Do You Afford a Lifetime of Medical Bills After a Spinal Cord Injury In An Accident?
- Will My Health Insurance Cover Me In A Motorcycle Accidents?
- What Types of Injury Cases Fall Under Premises Liability Law In Texas?