Do you know who you would call if you or a family member are hurt in an accident? What if the accident is someone else’s fault?
These are questions that you do not think about until you are injured. If you or a loved one is hurting now, a personal injury lawyer in Channelview , TX can help. You deserve to know your legal rights. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today for a free case evaluation. Please call (713) 850-8600.
Where to Find Help When You or a Loved One Is Injured
Accidents are often preventable. When you or a loved one is suffering because of someone’s intentional or reckless actions, you have the right to a recovery.
You should select a personal injury lawyer who is best suited to help you. The law firm of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC focuses on helping injured people recover after a personal injury.
It is essential to choose a personal injury lawyer in Channelview, TX who accepts similar cases to your own. Our firm has a wide practice area that includes:
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Medical malpractice
- Motor vehicle accidents including car, motorcycle, moped, truck, 18-wheeler and semi-truck, bus, bicycle, and pedestrian collisions
- Defective products and medical equipment
- Catastrophic injuries
- Workplace and workers’ compensation accidents
- Sexual assault and violence
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bite and animal attacks
- Wrongful death
We Value Client Service and Satisfaction
Our lawyers understand the unique challenges of personal injury law. Our Channelview, TX personal injury lawyers understand that you might be recuperating from severe injuries. You might be mourning the loss of a loved one. A personal injury lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is your safe and confidential advocate during this challenging time.
Here is what you may expect as our client:
- Prompt, personal contact from an attorney, not an associate
- Case updates via phone or email
- Protection of your rights
- Skilled negotiation with the insurance adjuster
- Board certified trial lawyers if your case goes to court
- Contingency-based services
We look forward to determining if you qualify for compensation. Please call our personal injury lawyers in Channelview at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
We Have Helped Thousands of Clients Recover Damages
Our Channelview personal injury attorneys are often successful in seeking recovery through insurance settlements with the responsible party. You should know your legal options before you accept anything. It is important to avoid discussing your case with anyone except your attorney. Please do not post about your accident on social media.
What Types of Damages May Be Recovered in a Personal Injury Case
A personal injury lawyer in Channelview, TX will fight for everything you deserve.
- Ambulance and emergency department services
- Hospital bills
- Doctor visits, tests, scans, and lab work
- Prescription drugs
- Lost pay
- Property damage
- Other costs associated with the accident
Damages that are less tangible include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of companionship, consortium, protection, or guidance
What Are The Necessary Steps You Need To Prove Liability?
There are four steps to show liability:
- The other person, or defendant, had a duty of care to avoid the accident.
- The defendant was negligent in not upholding this duty of care.
- The defendant’s negligence caused the accident and injuries to you, the plaintiff.
- The plaintiff has damages in the form of medical bills, lost pay, pain and suffering, and other losses.
During your free case evaluation, a personal injury lawyer from our firm will need certain information from you. This will help your lawyer prove liability and begin the process to recover compensation that might be available to you. This information may include:
- Your detailed account of the accident
- Any photos or videos you may have
- Correspondence from the liable party’s insurance company
- All medical bills and other expenses to date
- Photo ID
You will be asked to sign an authorization that gives a personal injury lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC permission to speak with your healthcare provider. Our personal injury law firm also may need more information or request a written analysis of your injuries and expected outcomes.
Please call our personal injury lawyers in Channelview for your free case evaluation. Call our firm at (713) 850-8600.
We Could Identify More Than One Liable Party
In some personal injury cases, there might be more than one responsible party. Here are a few examples of when this might occur:
- The brakes on your moped fail so that you cannot stop for a driver running a red light.
- Your grandmother shows signs of nursing home abuse or neglect.
We Protect Your Rights in a Wrongful Death Action
Our personal injury lawyers in Channelview handle wrongful death claims and lawsuits. If you lost a loved one because of someone’s intentional or negligent actions, our Channelview injury attorneys can pursue compensation on your behalf.
Texas has a statute of limitations of two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
Please Call for a Free Case Evaluation
A personal injury lawyer in Channelview is ready to help you. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.