Unexpected injuries can result in significant and costly injuries or in the loss of a loved one’s life. If an unexpected injury was the result of negligence on the part of another person or entity, our personal injury lawyer serving Copperas can help you hold the at-fault party financially responsible for your injuries and the losses that stem from them.
Our client-focused law firm, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, can work with you to build a strong case for financial recovery. We handle evidence collection, case-related communication, and the negotiation process for you. We even take your case to court if needed. While we take care of the details of your case, you can focus on getting better or on helping a family member through their recovery.
Our Personal Injury Lawyer Serving Copperas Can Handle Your Case
Building a solid personal injury case is a time-sensitive undertaking in many ways. The sooner you get our team involved in your case, the more time we have to investigate your case and comply with the state’s filing deadline.
Early intervention means we can talk to witnesses while their memories are fresh and canvass the accident scene and surrounding area for dashcam, surveillance, and security photos and videos.
To bolster and support your case, our team members can:
- Document the at-fault party’s negligence
- Compile a compelling evidence file
- Handle all case-related communication
- Obtain, complete, and submit claim forms
- Negotiate a favorable monetary settlement
If a fair and appropriate settlement is not forthcoming, we will not hesitate to take your case to court and keep fighting for the financial recovery you are entitled to receive.
Personal Injury Practice Areas
Our legal team is passionate about helping clients injured in negligence-based accidents. In Copperas, our personal injury practice areas include:
- Wrongful death cases
- Slip and fall accidents
- Defective product cases
- Swimming pool accidents
- Medical malpractice cases
- Dog bite or dog attack cases
- Car, truck, and bus accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Industrial and workplace injuries
- Bicycle and motorcycle accidents
We will review your case, explain the state and local laws that support your fight for financial recovery, and build a strong case file on your behalf.
Recoverable Economic and Non-Economic Losses in Copperas
An accidental injury can result in a plethora of unexpected financial expenses and losses. At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, our personal injury lawyer helps clients in Copperas fight for financial recovery.
Recoverable economic losses may include:
- Past, current, and future medical bills
- Past, current, and future lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
Recoverable non-economic losses may include:
- Ongoing pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional angst
- Disabilities and disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
If you are the parent, spouse, or child of a fatally injured accident victim, Texas law allows you to collect a variety of wrongful death damages. We can seek recovery for your loved one’s funeral and burial expenses and their financial and household contributions to your family.
What You Need to Know About Statutory Filing Deadlines
In Copperas, the filing of your lawsuit is limited by Texas law. If you or someone you love was injured in an accident, you generally have two years to file your lawsuit. The statutory clock starts running on the day the accident occurs. In some cases, such as medical malpractice, it may start running on the day you become aware of your injuries.
If your family lost a loved one in an accident, you also generally have two years to file your wrongful death lawsuit. The statutory clock starts running on the date of your loved one’s demise, even if it differs from the date of the accident.
Complying with the statute of limitations is mandatory but can be difficult because the applicable date can fluctuate for a variety of reasons. The best way to ensure your case is filed on time is to let our personal injury law firm take care of this and other important legal details of your case.
Get Client-focused Legal Care From Our Personal Injury Lawyers Serving Copperas
When our law firm handles your case, we make sure you get the outstanding client support you deserve. We will schedule doctor appointments to ensure you get the health care support you need. We also explain what you can expect from the financial recovery process and fight hard for every dollar you are entitled to receive.
We also make sure you are never left in the dark about the details and progress of your case. We make a point of providing you with timely updates on any progress or developments in your case. We also promptly return your phone calls and emails and address your questions or returns.
Read What Previous Clients Say About Our Personal Injury Lawyer
Our law firm works hard to ensure every client we represent gets the attention and support they need. When previous clients talk about our compassionate, supportive team, they say the following:
- Samantha Tapia: “After being involved in an accident I was unsure of what to do or what to expect but, Malory, my case manager was amazing… If you need someone you can trust to take care of you after your accident, call this firm… You will not be disappointed!”
- Matt Watson: “Kept me up to date with what was required of me and provided timelines so I wouldn’t be guessing. They were quick-moving, attentive, and made my concerns their own… this [is] a great team that I would recommend to others who require their services. Thank you!!”
Our law firm takes your pursuit of recoverable damages seriously. We will make sure you get the individualized attention you need to create a compelling case for financial recovery.
Our Personal Injury Attorneys Serving Copperas Are Here for You
If you or a loved one was injured or a loved one was fatally injured, our personal injury lawyer representing clients in Copperas can help you build a case for financial recovery. Our law firm can handle the details of your case from start to finish.
Contact one of our D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ team members to start building your case today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- The Woodlands Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer
- What Should You Do If You Were Injured in A Hit and Run Accident in Texas?
- What Kind of Lawyer Do You Need for A Dog Bite Injury in Texas?
- How Much Is Your Dog Bite Injury Case Worth In Texas?
- Who Is Legally Responsible for Your Injuries in an Accident with a Bus in Texas?