If you’ve been involved in a car accident in or around Corpus Christi, a car accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLCTM may be able to pursue financial recovery on your behalf. We can recover evidence and build a compelling case against the negligent driver. We offer free case evaluations.
Recovery Following a Motor Vehicle Accident in Corpus Christi
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), most motor vehicle accidents that occur in urban areas in Texas are caused by drivers who are:
- Going too fast
- Not paying attention to the road
- Changing lanes when it is not safe to do so
- Not staying in their lane
- Disobeying traffic signs, including stoplights, stop signs, and yield signs
Texas law requires motorists to carry automobile insurance and operates under a fault-based system. If we can provide evidence to support your claim, we may be able to hold the negligent driver liable for your accident and injuries. This allows us to pursue financial recovery through an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Our car accident attorneys serving Corpus Christi may be able to help you if you suffered injuries in a motor vehicle accident in Corpus Christi or the surrounding area of:
- Nueces County
- Aransas County
- Kleberg County
- San Patricio County
- Elsewhere in South Texas or the Gulf Coast region
Motor vehicle accidents occur in many ways. We will evaluate almost any type of car accident, including:
- 18-wheeler and semi truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Bus accidents
- Car accidents
- Defective tire accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Head-on collision accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Truck and van accidents
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLCTM today for your free case evaluation with a member of our car accident legal team serving Corpus Christi. We want to discuss the facts of your case so we can help you understand your rights and legal options.
A Car Accident Lawyer Serving Corpus Christi Can Help You Understand Your Options
Our team can evaluate the facts of your case and explain how the process works to pursue a financial recovery after a car accident. A car accident lawyer serving Corpus Christi from our team can represent you throughout this process and will strive to:
- Identify all potentially liable parties
- Secure the evidence necessary to support your claim
- Learn as much as possible about the facts of your accident and build a compelling case
- Handle all communication with the insurance company
- File a lawsuit and take your case to trial if the insurer will not negotiate a fair settlement
Our team prides itself on our accessibility. We have someone available to answer clients’ questions or address their concerns about their cases. We even hold Facebook live streams called Talk 2 Me Tuesday to answer general, frequently asked questions. If a car accident lawyer serving Corpus Christi is representing you in your car accident case, you can feel confident that we are here to help you.
Since 2002, the personal injury lawyers from D. Miller & Associates, PLLCTM have helped Texas car accident victims understand their rights and pursue financial recovery for the damages they suffered during a motor vehicle accident. We can help you navigate the insurance claims process or represent you in a Texas civil court.
Seeking Financial Recovery After a Corpus Christi Car Accident
Following a Corpus Christi car accident, we may be able to pursue financial recovery on your behalf. If we can prove negligence and liability, you could recover damages. We can take care of this process for you so you can focus on healing from your injuries.
Whether we seek your recovery through an insurance claim or if we take your case to trial in civil court, your financial recovery could include damages such as:
- Lost wages and related benefits
- Diminished earning capacity related to your injuries
- Medical treatment and care costs
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Mental anguish
- Wrongful death damages, if your family member passed away as a result of their accident injuries or related complications
Getting Recovery from the Right Party
Although careless drivers cause most accidents, some are caused by another factor or another factor in conjunction with a careless driver. Other liable parties could include:
- A pet owner, if an animal caused the accident
- A mechanic, if your or the other driver’s car was improperly maintained
- A government entity, if the road you were on was improperly maintained
- A manufacturer, if your or the other driver’s car malfunctioned due to a faulty car part
You have the right to pursue financial recovery from as many parties as we can find evidence against. For example, if your airbags failed to deploy after another driver hit you, we may be able to hold both the driver and the company that manufactured the airbags accountable. In this way, you hold all liable parties responsible, and you get the financial recovery you deserve.
Holding more than one party liable can complicate your case. But you don’t have to pursue this on your own. Our team would be happy to handle all aspects of your case from start to finish so you can focus on healing. We can discuss your options during your free case evaluation.
Act Quickly Before Time Runs Out to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Corpus Christi
Texas law generally gives the victims of motor vehicle accidents in the state two years from the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit against the negligent driver who caused their injuries. There may be exceptions to this law that extend or shorten the time you have to take action based on the facts of your case.
Failure to file a lawsuit before the relevant deadline arrives could result in you losing the right to file a lawsuit and seek financial recovery in civil court. We encourage you to reach out to our team for your complimentary case evaluation as soon as possible. We like to get started as early in the process as possible before evidence disappears.
Evidence Is a Critical Part of Building a Car Accident Case
What does it take to convince an insurance company or a jury to grant you the recovery you need? That depends on the case. If the case is very straightforward and obvious, and if the insurance company is willing to offer a fair settlement immediately, you may need less evidence than if the accident is complex or if the insurer resists settling.
As part of our services to clients, we carefully investigate each accident. We want to know everything about:
- Who is at fault
- How many at-fault parties there are
- When and where your accident happened
- Who witnessed the accident, if anyone
- What you remember about the accident
- The injuries you have suffered as a result of the accident
To put together the clearest possible picture of your accident, we can pursue documents and statements from resources such as:
- Police reports
- Medical records
- Insurance records
- Experts with relevant expertise (e.g., economists or medical doctors)
- Video footage
- Receipts and bills
- Paystubs and tax information
Some of these forms of evidence, like medical records, are permanent and easy to get hold of even years after the accident. Others, however, can disappear or lose value over time. For instance:
- Witnesses may start to forget or misremember critical aspects of the accident.
- Video footage can easily be deleted or recorded over.
- The police may only archive accident reports for a limited period of time.
With this in mind, it is easy to understand why it is a good idea to get in touch with our legal team as soon as possible following a Corpus Christi car accident. D. Miller & Associates, PLLCTM can get to work on your case quickly while the evidence is still fresh.
A Car Accident Attorney Serving Corpus Christi Can Help
If you suffered injuries in a Corpus Christi car accident, a lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLCTM will evaluate your case for free for you today. Reach out to us to learn more about how we can help you with your insurance claim.
Call now to discuss your Corpus Christi auto accident case with one of our car accident attorneys serving South Texas. Our initial telephone consultations are no-obligation and free to accident victims.