Were you or someone you love injured in an accident that was caused by someone else’s negligent, careless, or reckless actions? Accidental injuries can lead to a wide range of financial expenses and losses, including medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, our personal injury lawyer serving Denton can help you file an insurance claim or lawsuit. We can gather and organize evidence and present it to the at-fault party and their insurance provider. We also handle the negotiation process, ensure your case is filed on time, and represent you in court if an insurer refuses to make an appropriate offer.
Personal Injury Practice Areas in Denton
Accidental injuries can occur in a myriad of ways. Our law firm helps clients who sustain injuries in negligence-based accidents. When we handle your case, we start by listening to your story to glean important details for your case.
Our personal injury practice areas include:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Bicycle and motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Defective product cases
- Dog bite cases
- Premises liability cases
- Slip and fall accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Wrongful death cases
- Medical malpractice cases
- Workplace and industrial accidents
If you were injured in one of these types of accidents, our law firm can help you assign financial liability to the negligent party.
Establishing Negligence in Personal Injury Cases
To ensure you can recover damages for an accidental injury, we collect evidence to prove the legally required elements of negligence. We can help prove the at-fault party:
- Owed you a duty of care
- Breached their responsibility
- Caused your physical injuries
- Caused your financial damages
Evidence can include medical records and bills and any official reports that were generated by your accident, such as police reports, animal control reports, and incident reports.
We include these in your evidence file along with financial records that document the cost of your lost income. It will also contain receipts, bills, your written prognosis, and a copy of the death certificate of a fatally injured loved one.
Financial Recovery We Can Seek for Personal Injury Clients in Denton
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, we work hard to ensure your damages are accurately assessed. We make sure no valid expenses are overlooked and ensure the value of your case is understood before negotiations begin.
Your request for financial recovery can include:
- Current and future medical care
- Current and future income loss
- Treatment-related travel costs
- Disability and disfigurement
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
We also help specific family members recover wrongful death damages, where applicable. This includes your loved one’s funeral and burial costs and a wide range of additional losses.
Determining the value of your case is a complicated legal and financial matter. When we handle your case, our personal injury attorney serving Denton will ensure your case receives an appropriate evaluation of your recoverable losses.
Understanding Texas’ Statute of Limitations
When we build your case for financial recovery, we fight hard for a favorable settlement wherever possible. Most personal injury cases are resolved this way. Our law firm will file a lawsuit on your behalf, though, to protect your right to go to court.
According to Texas law:
- You generally have two years from the date your injuries occurred to file a personal injury lawsuit.
- You generally have two years from the date of a loved one’s passing to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Filing past this deadline could prevent you from recouping any of the accident’s costs. While the statute of limitations is mandatory, it can also fluctuate. Our familiarity with Texas law means we can file your lawsuit on time as long as you reach out to us soon enough.
Our Personal Injury Attorney Serving Denton Can Handle Every Aspect of Your Case
Building a personal injury case and proving your right to recovery is a complex and time-consuming process. You do not have to tackle this daunting task on your own. Our law firm will do the hard work of building your case.
Our team members can:
- Locate and interview eyewitnesses to the accident
- Canvass for smartphone photos and video footage
- Prove the at-fault party’s negligence and liability
- Compile, organize, and submit your evidence
- Speak with interested parties on your behalf
- Negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurance provider
- Representing you in court if it becomes necessary
We believe injured clients and surviving families deserve to be to recover damages for someone else’s negligence. Our firm fights hard to pursue every dollar you are entitled to receive.
Previous Clients Recommend Our Client-Centered Law Firm
When previous clients recommend our personal injury law firm, they leave reviews and testimonials like the following:
- Diego Ramirez: “Natalie and her staff did an excellent job accommodating my needs and walking me through each step as my case proceeded. Awesome job at communicating with your clients! Would definitely recommend!”
- Norma G: “Highly satisfied with my experience. Natalie and staff are professional and do everything…to accommodate…everyone’s needs. They genuinely care about their clients. I certainly don’t hesitate to recommend her to anyone I know. Thank you for all you do!”
Our law firm works hard to ensure you have an outstanding client experience. You can read additional reviews from previous clients by visiting our testimonials page.
Learn More About Our Personal Injury Team Serving Denton During a Free Case Evaluation
If you or a loved one was injured in a negligence-based accident, our personal injury lawyer serving clients in Denton can help you seek financial recovery. We will collect evidence that proves your right to medical care and other forms of recoverable damages.
Find out how hard we fight for you by contacting one of our D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ team members for a free case evaluation today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Are There Any Downsides To Having The Texas Minimum For Auto Insurance In An Accident?
- Do You Have A Motorcycle Injury Case If A Pothole Caused Your Accident in Texas?
- Does Texas Have a Statute Of Limitations For Personal Injury Claims?
- Can I Sue If My Hip Replacement Gets Infected?
- What Is the Free Consultation with a Personal Injury Attorney Like?